Its funny 'cause it doesn't even need to be called "Star Blazers" anymore. I did like the name "Argo", but that's not even needed now......

There are a bunch of people that remember Star Blazers but have no idea it was Yamato in Japan. They may be trying to catch that audience. Small as it may actually be. Or they may be trying to re-use the trademark they have on the Star Blazers name for rights purposes. Either way is it a win! SB did a great job sticking close to the original (for the time) and if anyone wants subbed only versions they have them already.

I can't think of a single woman I've been with who wouldn't have run away after seeing that display.

Sadly I've met girls who accept far worse than those figures. I'm calling them "girls" very loosely too.

^^^Not really so surprising when you consider that a common, deep admiration for machines, especially flying ones, will point people into the same direction at some point. For example, how many of us here don't love or greatly respect the SR-71 Blackbird or the XB-70? The number will probably be small...

Yeah, that's funny I actually have a book signed by one of the Blackbird pilots somewhere around here.

There are a bunch of people that remember Star Blazers but have no idea it was Yamato in Japan. They may be trying to catch that audience. Small as it may actually be. Or they may be trying to re-use the trademark they have on the Star Blazers name for rights purposes. Either way is it a win! SB did a great job sticking close to the original (for the time) and if anyone wants subbed only versions they have them already.

That's why I was familar with the Yamato TV opening. I vaguely remember people talking about and watching Star Blazers when I was young.

Since I'm going to be pretty new to this series what do you guys recommend, start with the first series, the live action movie from a few years ago, or with 2199?

Might as well jump straight into 2199, then go back to the original if you can't wait for the next volumes to come out. The live action movie is pretty good, but it's still got too much "Nishizaki" in it.

Might as well jump straight into 2199, then go back to the original if you can't wait for the next volumes to come out. The live action movie is pretty good, but it's still got too much "Nishizaki" in it.

It is also quite different from the show so watching it does not ruin anything.

explain? i didnt get any anti-X vibes when i saw it (on Youtube)...

explain? i didnt get any anti-X vibes when i saw it (on Youtube)...

It wasn't just the suicide attack, but the insane choice to have Kodai pull the Arrividerci suicide attack when Okita just freakin' died minutes before.Shima would have also been a better choice since his brother was relegated to being his son. There was absolutely no reason to end that movie with Kodai's death.

Edited by Keith

It wasn't just the suicide attack, but the insane choice to have Kodai pull the Arrividerci suicide attack when Okita just freakin' died minutes before.Shima would have also been a better choice since his brother was relegated to being his son. There was absolutely no reason to end that movie with Kodai's death.

maybe it was because in the movie, they wanted Kodai to be the one, who would give it all, heroically, compared to how douch baggy he was in the begining of the film? i mean, when you call it Nzy, i dont recall seeing many (any) blond babes biting it in brutal fashion :D

maybe it was because in the movie, they wanted Kodai to be the one, who would give it all, heroically, compared to how douch baggy he was in the begining of the film? i mean, when you call it Nzy, i dont recall seeing many (any) blond babes biting it in brutal fashion :D

That's because there were no Blonde's!

That's because there were no Blonde's!

Blonds Have More Fun?

Sorry for off topic. But I remember when this song was hit, "Farewell to Space Battleship Yamato: In the Name of Love (さらば宇宙戦艦ヤマト 愛の戦士たち)" was also huge hit in Japan.

After weeks without significant updates, yamato2199.net gives us some amazing stuff. First, the story page was updated with the 4 episodes from Chapter V with some new images (i dare you not to laugh at the picture of Dr. Sado in episode 16 XD). Then, the surprises start as, along with those, they've posted the episodes for Chapter VI. No images yet but we get brief synopsis of that batch of episodes.

Then, the most un-updated section on the site, the Gallery, finally gets... well, an update... and it's a big one. Images of the sets used in episodes 1 to 6. Not screen captures but the actual set illustrations, from the bridges of the Yukikaze and Kirishima, to the resuply base on Jupiter, from the mines at Enceladus to the "fist of power" on Baleras. Beautiful stuff. GO SEE IT NOW!!!

After weeks without significant updates, yamato2199.net gives us some amazing stuff. First, the story page was updated with the 4 episodes from Chapter V with some new images (i dare you not to laugh at the picture of Dr. Sado in episode 16 XD). Then, the surprises start as, along with those, they've posted the episodes for Chapter VI. No images yet but we get brief synopsis of that batch of episodes.

http://yamato2199.net/story/story_15.html

Then, the most un-updated section on the site, the Gallery, finally gets... well, an update... and it's a big one. Images of the sets used in episodes 1 to 6. Not screen captures but the actual set illustrations, from the bridges of the Yukikaze and Kirishima, to the resuply base on Jupiter, from the mines at Enceladus to the "fist of power" on Baleras. Beautiful stuff. GO SEE IT NOW!!!

http://yamato2199.net/gallery/index.html

Nice catch! I'm actually in line to see Ch.5 again (along with a talk by the sound director) right now. :-)

If anyone is getting the UN Fleet set 2 and don't want the included Yamato decals please let me know. I need them for my next Yamato and bandai didn't bother including the Yamato decals with the Yamato kit!

Chris

:p:p:p:p:p

Heres a pic of a Yuki postcard that they were giving out as a freebie. Its a bit more of a traditional Yuki look imo.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Ah, there it is, i can hate you more... XDDD

So, did you notice anything new in this second viewing? :D

I won't bother you with further questions except this, which is really bugging me...

What is the deal about Ito pointing his gun at Niimi and what is Hoshina's part in the mutiny?

Nooo - they must make the 262 first!

Anyway, good news.

i'm with you on 262. then again, part of the reason for my tempered enthusiasm for the 1/72Cosmo Falcon is because i already have a dozen and a half of the 144-ish Dengeki Falcons.

was there any mention of the Domelus release date? gotta sell of some stuff to clear storage space!

i'm with you on 262. then again, part of the reason for my tempered enthusiasm for the 1/72Cosmo Falcon is because i already have a dozen and a half of the 144-ish Dengeki Falcons.

was there any mention of the Domelus release date? gotta sell of some stuff to clear storage space!

The advanced release date for the Falcon is in September and for the Meltoria+UX-01 set in October. So, if they keep up the schedule, the Domelus will come out in November or at least in time to blow your Xmas tree to oblivion. :-D Edited by westfall

The advanced release date for the Falcon is in September and for the Meltoria+UX-01 set in October. So, if they keep up the schedule, the Domelus will come out in November or at least in time to blow your Xmas tree to oblivion. :-D

Thanks for the info, though, someone on another site stated that Kato's Falcon would be in July with the standard version in September.

Chris

Yeah no kidding! 2199 alone will have the Polmeria next month, the Gaederol in June, Cosmo Falcon in July, then another Falcon and Meltoria in Sept! Not to mention the blu-ray in May and July! Yeesh!

Hopefully you are right about the Domelus III in November, then I'll just need the Haizeraad class possibly with the new torpedo ship?? Then I should be done with Capital ships, but the 1/72 scale will continue....type 100 scout, Cosmo Pelican, and at least 4 different Gamila fighters!!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I think you've got your birds mixed there. XD Pelican?! Lol. Add to that the 2nd soundtrack CD and the artbook, also in May, not to mention the rest of the merchandise, and. . .My wallet just ran away, jumped out the window while shouting "go frack yourself!" XDDD

Edited by westfall

The advanced release date for the Falcon is in September and for the Meltoria+UX-01 set in October. So, if they keep up the schedule, the Domelus will come out in November or at least in time to blow your Xmas tree to oblivion. :-D

thanks for the dates. i think though that by the time the Domelus rolls in, there won't be much left of the apartment to obliterate. what with the Polmeria, Gaiderol and the rest of the freaking fleet coming before that =)

Yeah no kidding! 2199 alone will have the Polmeria next month, the Gaederol in June, Cosmo Falcon in July, then another Falcon and Meltoria in Sept! Not to mention the blu-ray in May and July! Yeesh!

Hopefully you are right about the Domelus III in November, then I'll just need the Haizeraad class possibly with the new torpedo ship?? Then I should be done with Capital ships, but the 1/72 scale will continue....type 100 scout, Cosmo Pelican, and at least 4 different Gamila fighters!!

Chris

you know, i thought the Meltoria was going to be my favorite, but when i saw the Haizerad... i think i want it more than the Domelus now

76007.JPG

now this almost qualifies as nose art:

75910.JPG

how often do pilot themselves qualify as hot enough to be nose art models =)

i hope my local Kinokuniya still has them by the time i return from my trip.

on another note, my Yamato stash is on its way from Amiami. first time i've had to pay more than 5k yen for shipping. i guess it's going to be a rather big box. i also just realized that i had doubles of Yamamoto's Zero. oh well, i guess one of them will be a test bed for Alclad.

Which color scheme is Kato's falcon again?

this is from the Dengeki Hobby that had the mini kit.

Kato's Falcon is the grey one with orange flaps, white trim, and black tail.

Standard is the blue with yellow trimm accents. I'm assuming Shinohara's ride will be part of the standard release or a separate one....it is essentially the standard color scheme but with black flaps and tail surfaces and some trimming on the nose area but still has some of the yellow trim of the cannon fodder version, and of course the Shark mouth.

post-265-0-22897400-1366890551_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-77783400-1366890733_thumb.jpg

Chris

Edited by Dobber