How is it I got to this before you did?

I was holding out to see if it would get a domestic release. Then someone posted up the volume 5 preview, and my willpower crumbled. Plus, Ressurection left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I've probably said this one hundred times, but this is the best remake of anything, ever! The original Yamato as Star Blazers was one of my first anime loves and a show that I watched almost religiously when I was about 8 or 9 years old. It's obvious to me that the staff of this new version loved the original as much as I did.

I hope that after this is done, they go on to make an updated version of Yamato 2!

...OMFG I can't wait to see the Andromeda!

You ain't kidding, given how much attention to detail they lavished on the Cosmo Fleet on the first episode -- they turned the somewhat goofy and woefully outdated designs of the Kirishima, Murasame, and Yukikase into convincing, even attractive, space warships designs -- I can't wait to see what they pull off with the Borodino class battleship, the Hood class battlecruiser, the Lexington class battlecarrier, and the Andromeda class main battleship (drool...), not to mention the Comet Empire designs... my mind reels imaginning just how awesome the reimagined battle of Saturn will look.

... and all the 1/1000 capital ships models that will be sure to follow... I think I just wet myself...

You ain't kidding, given how much attention to detail they lavished on the Cosmo Fleet on the first episode -- they turned the somewhat goofy and woefully outdated designs of the Kirishima, Murasame, and Yukikase into convincing, even attractive, space warships designs -- I can't wait to see what they pull off with the Borodino class battleship, the Hood class battlecruiser, the Lexington class battlecarrier, and the Andromeda class main battleship (drool...), not to mention the Comet Empire designs... my mind reels imaginning just how awesome the reimagined battle of Saturn will look.

... and all the 1/1000 capital ships models that will be sure to follow... I think I just wet myself...

OMG, don't I know it! Also don't forget an updated Cosmo Tiger II or something to replace the Cosmo Falcon. I think this is the first time, for any movie or series, that I have/will buy every model that comes out and to hopefully get an updated Earth Fleet would be exceptional!

Chris

Edit: though the down side would mean the death of our beloved Yamamoto. :(

Edited by Dobber

OMG, don't I know it! Also don't forget an updated Cosmo Tiger II or something to replace the Cosmo Falcon. I think this is the first time, for any movie or series, that I have/will buy every model that comes out and to hopefully get an updated Earth Fleet would be exceptional!

Chris

Edit: though the down side would mean the death of our beloved Yamamoto. :(

Not necessarily... With all the new characters, they have a lot of people to kill instead of her. Personally, if Shinohara is still alive by then, i think he would take Yamamoto's place in that scene... Of course Kato would either die next or, just to avoid the whole "twin brother" thing they pulled later, he would just be badly injured and nursed back to health by Makoto. :D

I think the presence of Hijikata is proof that they're already looking ahead to Yamato 2. OMFG I can't wait to see the Andromeda!

They've been very faithful to the original designs but on the Andromeda I'd like to see more gun turrets, missile batteries, anything to make it just a little meaner looking; it's got the "beautiful" category down cold...

The only thing the Andromeda really needs is AA guns. It had, what, one pair on each side of the bridge?

That's what I mean-I'm not talking about anything excessive. I'd like to see two main guns and a secondary up front and more AA, just like the Yamato. Hopefully the ship will feature some trick 'tech, but the Yamato seems rather advanced already...

Edited by myk

Excuse me for interrupting you.

A news is coming. The ending theme song of the last chapter is sung by Nana Mizuki.

Source: Daily Sports

i0894639-1365394616s.jpg

She is the only one ani-son singer who fills the audience in her dome concerts for 2days in Japan.

Edited by antibiotictab

OMG, don't I know it! Also don't forget an updated Cosmo Tiger II or something to replace the Cosmo Falcon.

+1 on the Cosmo Tiger II (Falcon II now?). I'd love to see an update of the Marines' flying tracked vehicle/spaceship with tracks and a kit of the original and any update!

at this rate, my fiance might start making wash my underwear, with the amount of emissions i incure just thinking about yamato 2199-quality EDF vessels...

i cant remember what site the name is but its got, in some instances, a VF-1S Fighter mode gif, moving as if its flying typically at the bottom of the webpage (sometimes the TV-SDF-1) but i recall seeing several lushious art pics of EDF vessels, cannon and non-cannon, many in different paint skeems. those pics are what i hope a proposed 2nd season EDF vessels are drawn, standards wise.

It's the art book i mentioned back in march, here http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35927&page=22#entry1026771

The actual title is "Official Character Sheets Sourcebook" and it's from the same publisher from the upcoming magazine+DVD that's coming out this week

http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/yamato2199books/index.html

TehPW, I believe this is the site you're refering too: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/

I saved most, if not all, of the images you mentioned in my HD; some were meh, but most were great. I could repost them here but only if it would be alright to engage in such massive image spam. As I do not wish to derail this thread, I'll only post one image, entirely in keeping with the thread subject, at this time:

post-664-0-27542700-1365461616_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

Excuse me for interrupting you.
A news is coming. The ending theme song of the last chapter is sung by Nana Mizuki.
Source: Daily Sports
i0894639-1365394616s.jpg
She is the only one ani-son singer who fills the audience in her dome concerts for 2days in Japan.

Heres the news in English:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-08/nana-mizuki-to-sing-final-yamato-2199-movie-ending-theme

I think the presence of Hijikata is proof that they're already looking ahead to Yamato 2. OMFG I can't wait to see the Andromeda!

Hmmmm.. I'd like to hope, but theres nothing to indicate that Yamato 2 will get greenlit as of yet. Industry skuttlebutt is that, prior to the tv broadcast last Sunday, the show wasnt performing as well as hoped. Initial tv ratings seem to be pretty high though, so hopefully this will change things. Izubuchi (and if this show hasnt finally made that name a familiar one to everyone watching it then it damn well should!) has said that he would actually like to do a completely original OVA prequel about the first human-gamillas contact and battles if possible, but this was just his own personal desire.

Just finished 1-10. OMFG, this version is surprisngly awesome.

I'm simultaneously impressed that you held out so long and annoyed that you did so, especially given all the positive feedback in this thread! lol. Either way, welcome to the club!

Gimme dat preorder link. :wub:

Yeah, I'll probably pick up Yuki once she goes cheap or 2nd hand, but I'm pre-ordering myself a Yamamoto for sure!

It looks like Amazon sellers are already price gouging the Yuki figure before its even out, sigh. ^^;

Ooh, only 4 days to go until Chapter 5! Got my morning premiere special tickets all good to go :-)

Plenty of merch on sale, as always :-)

EDIT: The tv broadcast did start strongly, as I'd heard :-)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-08/space-battleship-yamato-2199-gets-5.7-percent-and-5.9-percent-ratings

Edited by Tochiro

TehPW, I believe this is the site you're refering too: http://conceptships.blogspot.com/

I saved most, if not all, of the images you mentioned in my HD; some were meh, but most were great. I could repost them here but only if it would be alright to engage in such massive image spam. As I do not wish to derail this thread, I'll only post one image, entirely in keeping with the thread subject, at this time:

attachicon.gifYAMATO2199.jpg

TU... i must have had the link on my other comp. when i stumbled across this site last year, i fell in love with the SCVL-226 Ibuki. It has that Gitmo vibe that the Gantanamo Bay-class has...

I'm simultaneously impressed that you held out so long and annoyed that you did so, especially given all the positive feedback in this thread! lol. Either way, welcome to the club!

That's the thing, I was actively avoiding this thread, but then I watched Moretsu Pirates, and then the new trailer for the upcomign Harlock movie, then I peaked in here and saw the vol 5 preivew and immeidately ran to order the first 4 volumes!

That's the thing, I was actively avoiding this thread, but then I watched Moretsu Pirates, and then the new trailer for the upcomign Harlock movie, then I peaked in here and saw the vol 5 preivew and immeidately ran to order the first 4 volumes!

I can't believe you dropped the cash for all 4 volumes at once-you're such a baller, lol...

I can't believe you dropped the cash for all 4 volumes at once-you're such a baller, lol...

Yup, and the universe rewarded my impulsiveness by giving me a sh!t-ton of overtime last week to balance it back out. It was destiny!

Yup, and the universe rewarded my impulsiveness by giving me a sh!t-ton of overtime last week to balance it back out. It was destiny!

Well I hope my faith in a US release is rewarded sometime this century... :wacko:

Well I hope my faith in a US release is rewarded sometime this century... :wacko:

Sadly, all we're getting is Ressurection, and that'll probably kill any remaining U.S. interest. What's really funny is the first couple volumes have a preview for Ressurection in the extra's. Comparing the two directly, it's like including a Shadow Chornicles preview in with Frontier blu rays.

Thanks. But I wonder what time is 20:00 EDT in Japan? Sometimes I know some news earlier than ANN because its source (written in Japanese) may be the same.

BTW, no one has told the members of "Project Yamato 2199" yet? The singers who sing the Ending theme of the TV version were revealed.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-04-07/nana-mizuki-granrodeo-eir-aoi-maon-kurosaki-join-yamato-2199-singer-lineup

Minori Chihara of course sings the song. She acts Miezela Celestella in the anime.

Yoshiki Fukuyama (as a member of JAM Project), Ichiro Mizuki, Mitsuko Horie, Shokotan, Kurinoko (Minami Kurihara), and so on. Wow...

Edited by antibiotictab

@ Myk

Surrender to the dark side. XD

@Tochiro

I'm surprised that the show wasn't doing as well as expected. From all indications i thought this was a hit in the theatres with Blu-Ray/DVD flying off the shelves! Guess that perception was wrong. Hopefully the TV ratings remain strong and the show can go on past season 1.

Also, i hope you share some juicy info after viewing chapter 5 on the theatre.

On another note, anyone in here a member of Yamato Crew? And more importantly, anyone have the Fun Club Magazine and willing to either sell it (doubtful XD) or share some scans via PM or other? I managed to get a copy of volume 0 but the rest have remained ilusive. I would register in Yamato Crew to get them but they don't accept foreign members (unless you have a Nihon adress). And those line art pages are to die for. Hopefully some of those get released in that art book. :-)

Edited by westfall

That would be 07:00.

It must be 9 am. It's 19:01 in Japan and it was posted "10 hours, 1 minute ago - 2013-04-08 20:00 EDT" as the ANN top page shows.

Imo the news priority of Yamato may be low for them... The newspaper was delivered more than 24 hours before the ANN post.

I'm in that time zone and it is now 06:05.

Yup.

post-14942-0-98011900-1365503275_thumb.jpg

P.S.

It becomes off topic, sorry.

I browsed the Yamato Crew web site and found a Yamato Yakitori restaurant.

http://yamatocrew.jp/crew/info/130402-2

I want to go, but not so many Yamato related items in comparison with Cafe Crew in Minami-Aoyama before.

Edited by antibiotictab