Ewww. That was terrible. Which is a pity 'cause it's the first bum note (literally) that they have hit so far with 2199.

The overlapping vocals are a bit busy, but aside form that it's pretty awesome, especially the bass.

They crammed nearly 30 "super stars" into this, what did they expect? And not wanting to sound mysogenous or anything but... the Yamato theme is not just a Sasaki thing, it's a man thing. Female vocals don't work with this song and most of the voices here are female. Just like male vocals wouldn't really work with "The Expanding Universe" theme. (Don't hit me, ladies XD ) Much like the Alfee didn't hit the mark in Resurrection, this is, IMHO, a miss. Especially considering the amount of buzz it originated in the official site. There is a youtube channel with all the 2199 episodes where they replaced only the opening credits with awesome edits backed by the Animetal cover of the theme and that kinda works. Way better than this, anyway.

Edited by westfall

The new song, hmmmmmmm.
The arrangement obviously got worse.
The most disgusting thing is that the position of the gimmick of the song was deviated from the animation. The sequences of the Wave Motion Gun, Kodai and Yuki does not fit for the new song. The former Sasaki-san's one was totally fit for the scene.

VERY nice Katoh box art. :)

I'm more intrigued by how the box for Ch6 shows Dessler front and center, despite the trailer for Ch5 showing that someone is being accused of having assassinate him. Political shenanigans! Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

I'm more intrigued by how the box for Ch6 shows Dessler front and center, despite the trailer for Ch5 showing that someone is being accused of having assassinate him. Political shenanigans! Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

Oh, seems almost all tickets of the Yamato screenings at Shinjuku Piccadilly tomorrow will be sold out soon...

From 8 am to buy the theater exclusive BD or from 10:20 to see the stage greeting?

post-14942-0-56518800-1365760789_thumb.jpg

Don't tell me you really believed the big blue guy would stay dead for long?! Oh, poor innocent soul. XD

I just got my copies of Dengeki Hobby and Great Mechanics DX. The most outstanding images are here.

A page devoted to the episodes of Chapter V with a few pictures that grab your attention. A tiny version of this poped up a few weeks ago but we couldn't see much detail but here it is, in all it's glory. :D

908646_3021758840073_1161799242_n.jpg?oh

From these pictures we find out that that epic shock cannon shot into the Domelus III happens in episode 15. Starsha appears in both episodes 16 and 17 (though it seems that's a recording). It seems Shima's participation in the mutiny is less than voluntary as it seems he's the one under Ito's gun in the trailer. Niimi is already on the brig in episode 17 so the mutiny is probably resolved by then. That Garmillas refuelling station we see in the trailer is seen as part of a larger structure which resembles the one seen in episode 14 at Balun's core. And the Garmillas fleet battle is left for episode 18. Curious that Goer's Gaiderol is seen facing the Red Domelus, which is supposedly commanded by Zoellik/Gimleh. Is Goer turning coat or is the Gaiderol commanded by Domel (since he lost the Domelus III)? We'll probably know the answers by tomorrow. :)

Plans for the DWG-262 (from Dengeki Hobby) and for the Domelus III and UX-01 (from Great Mechanics DX)

601956_523510391024142_1188610311_n.jpg

156809_523509457690902_1550420292_n.jpg

553278_523509471024234_1121749504_n.jpg

Edited by westfall

so in this version of the show, the bee-folk are no longer in business?

They finaly revealed the cover of the Chapter V Pamphlet and it features the Beemela ruins... a wide shot of the ruins...which makes quite a reveal about them.

04120600_516778bc515c6.jpg

You see what i see there? :D

uh... what am i supposed to see? Tell! *whips*

Edited by TehPW

so that means...

Take a good look at that structure. Then go back to episode 1... See it yet?! XD

Ah, hell, here you go... :) (SO does this mean Starsha (or what ever her name is) had tried to get help from others besides humanity?~TEHPW)

293350_431736576868191_814692683_n.jpg

Wow...that was quite a set of episodes. So much action (mostly eps 15 and 18), it practically flew by.

Will put a few details in a spoiler section below.

As for Ch.6 ... guess what is going to make an appearance? ;-)

post-9325-0-37874600-1365845105_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that the following info is 100% spoilerific, and also typed in haste ^^;

post-9325-0-04652400-1365845116_thumb.jpg

EP.15: The Yamato is surrounded by Domels forces after exiting a warp.This is the showdown that was shown in the trailers. Despite Domels ship not being effected by the Yamato's main guns, by grazing it the Yamato manages to break through Domels net, only to be surrounded again when another fleet that warps in in front of them. But before he can strike the final blow Domel is ordered back to base - Dessler has been assassinated. His ship was blown up. Yamato escapes but the crew is in low spirits due to dwindling supplies and food.

EP.16: A mutiny on the Yamato - the ship stops at Beemera 4, an earth-like planet, to look for food and supplies. While Kodai, Sanada and Yuria are on the surface they discover piece of Iscandarian technology left there 400 years earlier. Since that time the civilization on the planet perished (it was the bee people!).The item they find had information on a jump gate that could potentially get the Yamato back on schedule (its a month behind where it should be). In the meantime, sympathizers and remenants of the Izumo plan mutiny and decide to return the Yamato to earth and vacate the remaning population to Beerema 4. Itoh denounces Yuki as an Iscandraian. By the end of the episode the mutiny is foiled but not many people on the ship think of Yuki as a human any more.

EP.17:The Yamato arrives at the warp gate. It predates Gamillas but was obviously controlled by them at one point before being abandoned. The Yamato salvages a Gamillas fighter from the warp gate installation to send Shinohara through to see whats on the other side. When activating the gate, Sanada reveals to Yuki that she is in fact human. She was with Yurisha when a terrorist attack blew them both up. Yuki suffered memory damage and Yurisha went into a coma and never regained consciousness. She is kept in the auto navigation room - hooked up in such a way that she can guide the ship to Iscandar since the incident happened before she gave the planets exact location so the Yamato doesnt have its coordinates. On the other side of the gate, Shinohara finds over the artificial planet Balam, the next warp gate, and 10,000 Gamillas ships gathered. To cover himself, Zeilick has sentenced Domel to death and has claimed control of the empire. Shinohara barely makes it back to the Yamato alive.

We also find out that Kodais brother was originally dating Niimi and that they were friends with Sanada in college.

EP.18: 10,000 ships vs the Yamato? Sounds like a fair fight! Or at least, so thinks Okita, who comes through the warp gate guns blazing. The fleet is stunned at first and is then slow to react for fear of hitting each other. After finally taking a few hits the Yamato disappears into the atmosphere of Balam. Dessler reappears via a video transmission - he had been biding his time with Flagen on the dimensional sub, waiting to see what Zeilick did. It was his double that was killed. With his treachery exposed, Zeilick is shot in the back by Gail (wtf?!?!?). The Yamato reappears and fires the wave motion cannon into Balam, setting off a reaction in its core (which was man made) and jumps out via the next warp gate just in the nick of time. The Gamillas fleet sustains major casualties although the extent of the damage is not yet known. When the Yamato exits the warp gate, they are (finally( at the edge of the Mazellan galaxy.

End of Chapter 5.

Edited by Tochiro

Wow...that was quite a set of episodes. So much action (mostly eps 15 and 18), it practically flew by.

attachicon.gifIMG_5670.jpg

Keep in mind that the following info is 100% spoilerific, and also typed in haste ^^;

attachicon.gifIMG_5671.JPG

EP.15: The Yamato is surrounded by Domels forces after exiting a warp.This is the showdown that was shown in the trailers. Despite Domels ship not being effected by the Yamato's main guns, by grazing it the Yamato manages to break through Domels net, only to be surrounded again when another fleet that warps in in front of them. But before he can strike the final blow Domel is ordered back to base - Dessler has been assassinated. His ship was blown up. Yamato escapes but the crew is in low spirits due to dwindling supplies and food.

EP.16: A mutiny on the Yamato - the ship stops at Beemera 4, an earth-like planet, to look for food and supplies. While Kodai, Sanada and Yuria are on the surface they discover piece of Iscandarian technology left there 400 years earlier. Since that time the civilization on the planet perished (it was the bee people!).The item they find had information on a jump gate that could potentially get the Yamato back on schedule (its a month behind where it should be). In the meantime, sympathizers and remenants of the Izumo plan mutiny and decide to return the Yamato to earth and vacate the remaning population to Beerema 4. Itoh denounces Yuki as an Iscraian. By the end of the episode the mutiny is foiled but not many people on the ship think of Yuki as a human any more.

EP.17:The Yamato arrives at the warp gate. It predates Gamillas but was obviously controlled by them at one point before being abandoned. The Yamato salvages a Gamillas fighter from the warp gate installation to send Shinohara through to see whats on the other side. When activating the gate, Sanada reveals to Yuki that she is in fact human. She was with Yurisha when a terrorist attack blew them both up. Yuki suffered memory damage and Yurisha went into a coma and never regained consciousness. She is kept in the auto navigation room - hooked up in such a way that she can guide the ship to Iscandar since the incident happened before she gave the planets exact location so the Yamato doesnt have its coordinates. On the other side of the gate, Shinohara finds over the artificial planet Balam, the next warp gate, and 10,000 Gamillas ships gathered. To cover himself, Ditz has sentenced Domel to death and has claimed control of the empire. Shinohara barely makes it back to the Yamato alive.

We also find out that Kodais brother was originally dating Niimi and that they were friends with Sanada in college.

EP.18: 10,000 ships vs the Yamato? Sounds like a fair fight! Or at least, so thinks Okita, who comes through the warp gate guns blazing. The fleet is stunned at first and is then slow to react for fear of hitting each other. After finally taking a few hits the Yamato disappears into the atmosphere of Balam. Dessler reappears via a video transmission - he had been biding his time with Flagen on the dimensional sub, waiting to see what Ditz did. It was his double that was killed. With his treachery exposed, Ditz is shot in the back by Gail (wtf?!?!?). The Yamato reappears and fires the wave motion cannon into Balam, setting off a reaction in its core (which was man made) and jumps out via the next warp gate just in the nick of time. The Gamillas fleet sustains major casualties although the extent of the damage is not yet known. When the Yamato exits the warp gate, they are (finally( at the edge of the Mazellan galaxy.

End of Chapter 5.

Wow! Thanks for that report, Tochiro. I have a few questions, if you don't mind... :D

When you say Ditz sentences Domel to death and later killed!!! I'm confused, i thought Zoellik was the one that was behind the coup! And Gimleh shoots him? Damn, i was hoping that SS bastard died too.

What is the deal with the golden device that Yuki has? And the image we see of Starsha, that's a recording, right?

What happens to Domel's wife and Melda?

At Balun, are there 2 gates? Or does the Yamato use the same to warp in and out?

Edited by westfall

Oh... *facepalm* Why don't you hide the picture?

I have the movie program booklet, too.

That is... the DRILL MISSILE! Izubuchi-san said he would never use it...

Edited by antibiotictab

I have the movie program booklet, too.

That is... the DRILL MISSILE! Izubuchi-san said he would never use it...

That image is out on the web so it's not that big a spoiler. :) Izubuchi didn't say he wouldn't use it, he said they had tackled with not using it but in the end decided it was too iconical a thing to leave out. But it would be somewhat different from the original, in order for it's use to make sense. :) Also, the red carrier finaly shows up and it seems the Domelus survived Chapter V and will be in the battle, not just the bridge section... nice. :D

so that means...

Iskandar is a remnant of the Akerian civilization. The ruins in Beemela are actually a ship that looks like the Scheherazade. My doubt here is if the ship is from Iskandar or actually an older Akerian model, whose design the Iskandarians have copied. :D

Edited by westfall

Don't tell me you really believed the big blue guy would stay dead for long?! Oh, poor innocent soul. XD

I just got my copies of Dengeki Hobby and Great Mechanics DX. The most outstanding images are here.

A page devoted to the episodes of Chapter V with a few pictures that grab your attention. A tiny version of this poped up a few weeks ago but we couldn't see much detail but here it is, in all it's glory. :D

Plans for the DWG-262 (from Dengeki Hobby) and for the Domelus III and UX-01 (from Great Mechanics DX)

601956_523510391024142_1188610311_n.jpg

Bandai must give us a model of the 262!

That image is out on the web so it's not that big a spoiler. :) Izubuchi didn't say he wouldn't use it, he said they had tackled with not using it but in the end decided it was too iconical a thing to leave out. But it would be somewhat different from the original, in order for it's use to make sense. :) Also, the red carrier finaly shows up and it seems the Domelus survived Chapter V and will be in the battle, not just the bridge section... nice. :D

Iskandar is a remnant of the Akerian civilization. The ruins in Beemela are actually a ship that looks like the Scheherazade. My doubt here is if the ship is from Iskandar or actually an older Akerian model, whose design the Iskandarians have copied. :D

MUHAHAHAHAHA, time to re-watch these programs! :D

post-14942-0-82349700-1365853845_thumb.jpg

At least he said like this in the Yama-talk. :ph34r:

post-14942-0-81727000-1365854007_thumb.jpg

Ok, first of all, yes I got a major characters name wrong in my report. Have corrected it now, sorry. Thats what I get for trying to remember everything while on the train. ^^;

Because its not a spoiler. Its clearly in the promotional material for Chapter 6 and has no direct relation to the outcome of the plot. Its also something thats been brought up by Izubuchi multiple times at Yamatalk events. I think the cover for Ch. 6 IS a spoiler though, especially if you have yet to see Chapter 5.

Westfall, see answers inline below.

Wow! Thanks for that report, Tochiro. I have a few questions, if you don't mind... :D

When you say Ditz sentences Domel to death and later killed!!! I'm confused, i thought Zoellik was the one that was behind the coup! And Gimleh shoots him? Damn, i was hoping that SS bastard died too.

-Sorry, my bad, Report fixed.

What is the deal with the golden device that Yuki has? And the image we see of Starsha, that's a recording, right?

-Thats the device I mentioned. It shows where the first warp gate is.

What happens to Domel's wife and Melda?

-They are shown being herded onto prisoner ships. What happens to them after that is as of yet unclear. Its hinted that Melda might try to rescue them. Domel gets sentenced to death but the trailer to Ch.6 reveals that the sentence wasnt carried out before Zeillick gets whats coming to him.

At Balun, are there 2 gates? Or does the Yamato use the same to warp in and out?

-Two. It looks like there was a series of them and each connects specifically to a another. ie, they come in pairs.

Westfall, see answers inline below.

-Two. It looks like there was a series of them and each connects specifically to a another. ie, they come in pairs.

Just from a design standpoint, i must ask this:

Are they different in any way? I ask this because when the cover/poster art for Chapter V came out (the one with Domel and Eliza) the gate behind them looks different from the one that appears late in episode 13, which has a diamond shaped structure around the gate itself. Does the 2nd gate also have that diamond structure or does it look like the one in the art? Hope i didn't muddle the question much. :D

Edited by westfall

Answer below.

Are they different in any way? I ask this because when the cover/poster art for Chapter V came out (the one with Domel and Eliza) the gate behind them looks different from the one that appears late in episode 13, which has a diamond shaped structure around the gate itself. Does the 2nd gate also have that diamond structure or does it look like the one in the art? Hope i didn't muddle the question much. :D

-They are designed in pairs of the same shape (I presume to keep the width/size of the gates entrance and exit the same). So, the Beemera 4/Balun gates are one shape (circular), whereas the Balun/Mazellan gates are another (diamond)

Edited by Tochiro

Answer below.

-They are designed in pairs of the same shape (I presume to keep the width/size of the gates entrance and exit the same). So, the Beemera 4/Balun gates are one shape (circular), whereas the Balun/Mazellan gates are another (diamond)

AH! Good to know it wasn't a design change made after the poster art had been produced.

Thanks for the info. Any other bit of important info you can give will be greatly apreciated. I have a lot of questions but i'll halt my questioning before you start thinking of me as annoying. XD Oops, too late?! :D