Hey Wes, I figured I could find that posted on youtube but I got some dude in a furry jacket singing something else-you sure about the artist?

You doubt my power, disbeliever?! XD

That's Angelo and song is "Hikari no Kioku" (Memory of Light), same words, just switched around. KOKIA's song will only be published by the end of March. But here's the links to the 2 versions of the song, the edited version which comes with the episodes and the full version which played with the end credits of the movie version. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8bkXpUFJBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raiTeMHTA4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by westfall

Just watched episodes 11 to 14, the divergence from the original is in full swing - and I love every bit of it. The sub was interesting but the "bottom of an alternate dimension" was hopefully just a bit of wonky translation

I love an alternate dimension apparently composed of liquid though! I plan on nicking that idea for some Role Playing ideas.

That's Angelo and song is "Hikari no Kioku" (Memory of Light), same words, just switched around. KOKIA's song will only be published by the end of March. But here's the links to the 2 versions of the song, the edited version which comes with the episodes and the full version which played with the end credits of the movie version. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8bkXpUFJBE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2raiTeMHTA4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A stunning song. Excellent.

Lol, no I was just asking to be sure, please don't kill me! At least, not until I get my hands on that Yuki statue... :wub::wub::wub::wub:

The cover for KOKIA's single "Kioku no Hikari" has been revealed.

Mmmm.....Yuki's boobs are off, they're a LITTLE bigger than that, especially if she's squeezing them together in that way.

So uh...what's going on with that auto-'nav thing anyway?

Edited by myk

I soooooooo regret posting that image... XDDD

Mmmm.....Yuki's boobs are off, they're a LITTLE bigger than that, especially if she's squeezing them together in that way.

So uh...what's going on with that auto-'nav thing anyway?

What do you mean? About the auto-nav thing, not Yuki's boobs. I'm not touching that discussion with a 10 ft pole... XD

Uh, if you don't want to talk about the auto 'nav thing we can talk about the other thing, lol...

I'm more than willing to talk about the auto-navigation thing. I just need to know what exactly you were asking. "What's going on with that auto-nav thing" is a bit vague. :-D

Edited by westfall

I'm more than willing to talk about the auto-navigation thing. I just need to know what exactly you were asking. "What's going on with that auto-nav thing" is a bit vague. :-D

Everyone's spooked by it, but I have no idea why...

Guys,

I'm looking for the data sheet on the Type 100 Recon craft (ep. 1 & 14): line drawings etc would also be useful.

Thanks,

Greg

These are the few images i have. Unfortunately the few translations of the text that existed went down with star blazers.com.

post-9322-0-20486700-1363603047_thumb.jpgpost-9322-0-65205400-1363603035_thumb.jpg

post-9322-0-05884600-1363603075_thumb.jpgpost-9322-0-42196500-1363603185_thumb.jpgpost-9322-0-72610000-1363603187_thumb.jpg

post-9322-0-32483800-1363603274_thumb.jpgpost-9322-0-82347000-1363603220_thumb.jpg

Everyone's spooked by it, but I have no idea why...

In episode 9 Hoshina says to Yuria that talk has been going around the ship that a corridor (the one where the auto-navigation room hatch is) is haunted. We've seen Yuki and Yuria walk by that corridor and looking back at the hatch, as if they've felt something. Other than that, up until episode 14, the only onscreen occurrences were Yuria's vision during the warp mishap in episode 10 (though given the events of episode 14, one must wonder if it was a vision OR if contact actually happened), and Hayashi seeing a spectre of some kink when he was collecting navigation data from the small booth under the hatch (at the same time Yuria was seeing that same spectre in her dream). And in episode 14 Yuria gets posessed by the "spirit" after the ship is taken over by Mirenel. It's the first time the inside of the auto-nav room is shown and we see the capsule where Yurisha's body is (supposedly) stored, the first time we see it after episodes 1 and 2. As for the nature of the spirit, wether it is Yurisha's spiritual avatar or something (or someone) else, has been fuel for ample debate in some forums. :D

Edited by westfall

I dont think I should have watched Ep 14 with a tired mind and the surround pumped up to keep me awake. As soon as it started getting creepy I almost jumped at the shadow and then the whispers on the surround behind me,in my state of mind it made me abit jumpy haha. Did the job of keeping me awake.

While i've never seen anything Yamato related (or Starblazers), it is something that has always interested me. Does anyone know if this will be coming stateside or is this a great series destined to stay in Japan?

While i've never seen anything Yamato related (or Starblazers), it is something that has always interested me. Does anyone know if this will be coming stateside or is this a great series destined to stay in Japan?

Most likely it will see a U.S. release, just not anytime soon because the series isn't finished yet and still has to make its TV run in Japan. I firmly believe Funimation's licensing of Yamato: Ressurection was a stepping stone in order to get exclusive rights to 2199.

Unlike Macross there is no two companies fighting over who owns what with Yamato and Starblazers. Voyager entertainment has always been pretty much a shell/subsidiary company for the one that makes Yamato. Recently Voyager was more or less canned.

Give the original version a try; the animation and the atmosphere of the show are obviously dated but it's still a great series. Star Blazers would be ok to watch but try and watch the unedited Japanese version of Space Cruiser Yamato.

As for the figure above, that is HOT, but I wonder/hope they'll have a version of her with long hair...

Very sexy figure.....but it is much to....curvy and uhhhh....well endowed, to be an accurate Yamamoto....for me. That was one of the things I like about Akira, she seems like a much more realistic woman rather than the uber goddess that Yuki is. Not that there is anything wrong with looking like Yuki either! :p

Chris

Very sexy figure.....but it is much to....curvy and uhhhh....well endowed, to be an accurate Yamamoto....for me. That was one of the things I like about Akira, she seems like a much more realistic woman rather than the uber goddess that Yuki is. Not that there is anything wrong with looking like Yuki either! :p

Chris

Yes, I think 'Yamo is too sexed up in that version to be accurate/faithful to her on-screen character. I can only wonder what the 'medic with her......"ample nacelles" will look like in a "sexed up" statue/figure. Don't get me wrong though-they're all smoking hot and want them accordingly, lol...

There were no Yamamoto figures in Tokyo International Anime Fair. Next Saturday, Anime Contents Expo is held, but no Megahouse's name in the participant. I wonder when I can actually watch it.