From the Ep. 2 and Macross DYRL.

post-14942-0-51378100-1366058732_thumb.jpg

Izubuchi-san also joined in DYRL.

XB-70 is in Hikaru's room.
Spitfire, SR-71, YF-23, and F-104 are in Yamamoto's room.
XB-70 is also "Valkyrie" and F-104 is "Starfighter."
So interesting.

^^^Not really so surprising when you consider that a common, deep admiration for machines, especially flying ones, will point people into the same direction at some point. For example, how many of us here don't love or greatly respect the SR-71 Blackbird or the XB-70? The number will probably be small...

Wasn't sure whether a sub-titled anime would be something my 9 & 7 year-old kids would enjoy.... Well, it is. Comments like 'that's cool' (Cosmo Zero), 'I love that ship' (Yamato) and 'the music is great' where great to hear.

They're hooked :)

Wasn't sure whether a sub-titled anime would be something my 9 & 7 year-old kids would enjoy.... Well, it is. Comments like 'that's cool' (Cosmo Zero), 'I love that ship' (Yamato) and 'the music is great' where great to hear.

They're hooked :)

It's a personnal benchmark of mine that anyone that looks at the Yamato and loves it is a cool person. In the opposite end of the spectrum, if the words "why did they make the ship a boat? That's stupid!" come out of their mouths, i want them shot and buried. They're a waste of air. Glad you're raising cool people. :D

So I marathon'd all the episodes currently out. I like how they take this whole "space navy" thing quite literally.... Muthaf'ing Interdimensional Submarine.... that's just brilliant!

That's actually carried over from the original, though I think the sub was actually from Yamato 2.

That's actually carried over from the original, though I think the sub was actually from Yamato 2.

Execution was quite different too. One of the sillier parts of the new show is saying the sub was at the bottom of an alternate universe, the bottom?

So I marathon'd all the episodes currently out. I like how they take this whole "space navy" thing quite literally.... Muthaf'ing Interdimensional Submarine.... that's just brilliant!

The way they designed the crew was a nice touch-had a very "submarine-ish" look about them..

GK

yuki2199_s.JPG

According to the web site, this Yuki will be sold at Treasure Festa in Ariake 9 on May 5th.

TBH, the Megahouse figure looks a lot better.

Of course. This one is a garage kit.

Edited by antibiotictab

No one is posting this...

Yamato 2199 will be released as "STARBLAZERS 2199." The source is Niconico.

Great little piece of info if it turns out to be accurate. Do you have a link to the actual section of the site that says this?

Great little piece of info if it turns out to be accurate. Do you have a link to the actual section of the site that says this?

Notice: You need to be a premium member if you didn't book the time-shift viewing reservation. 500 yen per month.
and
あとこれな。
post-14942-0-18481500-1366537397_thumb.jpg
Edited by antibiotictab

Notice: You need to be a premium member if you didn't book the time-shift viewing reservation. 500 yen per month.
and
あとこれな。

So do we have any clarity on what this means? Does it mean a Yamato 2199 release in the "West" as "Starblazers 2199"? *crosses fingers*

So do we have any clarity on what this means? Does it mean a Yamato 2199 release in the "West" as "Starblazers 2199"? *crosses fingers*

Just what the sign says. That it will be released overseas as Starblazers 2199. No word on format, medium or anything like that. I"d say we can probably expect more details as the end of the Japanese broadcast approaches.