Did you color the canopy? I colored the canopies of my VF-25 Messiahs with a mix of Future and corresponding transparent colors, using the simple "dunk" method and they were allright. I tried airbrushing this one and spent the following half hour removing it cause it was a mess.

Edited by westfall

Nah, just left the canopies untinted.

Also got my rerelease of Yamato herself, I wanted to take another crack at her, and am slightly disappointed with it. I was hoping it would've came with the decals that should've came with it in the first place, but was instead included in the UNCN fleet set 1. They were not added to the rerelease. :(

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The one I'm building with the folded up parts is slightly modified. The hinge parts are, IMO, way over sized. Hell, the lower stabilizer touches the ground when it is folded. There is just no feasible way for thos hinges to fit inside the very thin wings and stabalisers. I trimmed the wing hinges and just scratch built the stabilizer hinges so the look more realistic....to me anyway. ;)

Chris

Stupid question...what's "memory wire"? Sounds interesting. :)

Memory Wire is one of two things. The first is a form of readable computer memory. The second is a type of metal that has memorized it's shape so that when heat is applied, it reverts to it's original shape.

Memory Wire is one of two things. The first is a form of readable computer memory. The second is a type of metal that has memorized it's shape so that when heat is applied, it reverts to it's original shape.

And now you know...

memory wire (not to be confused by same-named material for making bracelets) is also known as muscle wire or nitinol wire.

the single state variety can be deformed in any fashion and still revert to its memorized state/shape when heat (or electricity) is applied. the double state variety memorizes two states/shape, say a square when "off" and a star when "on" (ie. powered). by turning the current on or off they can be used to actuate stuff:

Similar to the 'tech that the Dark Knight uses for his "wings."

Here are my 2 Cosmo Zero builds. The inflight Alpha 1 is painted in Testors MM aluminum and Tamiya flat red and Yellow. The primmer I used was Gray. The storage mode UNCN fighter is Tamiya chromed silver other colors are the same but with a white primer. The difference can be seen in the exhaust nozzle of the inflight Alpha 1 since that nozzle is silver. The overall difference isn't that big...the UNCN one is a little more bright particularly the reds and yellows since I used the white primer. Next up Yamamoto's Alpha 2 and then my custom Zero. Wasn't sure if this would be allowed in the models section since it's not Macross. If it's ok then I will post there so others can see that may miss them here.

Chris

post-265-0-84237900-1365193346_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-27899200-1365193371_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-14428500-1365193397_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-28826900-1365193424_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-71458800-1365193457_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-60552900-1365193572_thumb.jpg

post-265-0-19066500-1365193609_thumb.jpg

Wasn't sure if this would be allowed in the models section since it's not Macross. If it's ok then I will post there so others can see that may miss them here.

The Workbench thread is OK to post these under, since there's a lot of real world aircraft posted there, too.

Nice work, by the way.

A few more

Wow-I was in a hurry and didn't read that you actually BUILT these things; I thought you were showing models built by a professional model shop or something! You've definitely got some skills man!

Wow-I was in a hurry and didn't read that you actually BUILT these things; I thought you were showing models built by a professional model shop or something! You've definitely got some skills man!

Thanks Myk and everyone, when it comes to the Cosmo Zero it really is a labor of love. One of my all time favorite fighter designs.

Chris

OK, people, what do you think of this?! Can it be?! :D

BHGOWLYCIAAwq1K.jpg:large

More photos of that table with 2 Polmeria carriers and a Meranka, a Gaiderol and the Kripteras, and further possible prototypes of the Meltoria and UX-01 and also a tank... Funny how,although they are about the same length as the Gaiderol, the Polmerias round shape makes them a lot more massive. Finger crossed that all these come out...

BHGZHHdCIAEJR-L.jpg:large

696b75009df711e2828a22000a9f191e_7.jpg

Some photos of the detail on the prototype Polmeria and Meranka bomber.

Bare metal. I'll post pictures of my first 2time that are nearly complete...just finishing the decals and pilot.

1 is Kodai in flight with the heavy assault load. The other is the UNCF (prototupe) in the folded up configuration.

Also just got my 2 Yamamoto Zero's. 1 will be Yamamoto's Alpha2 with just missiles and the other will be a custom painted as an old Japanese A6M Zero...a through-back like I did with the SW-190's.

Chris

Amazing builds Chris! Truely beautiful. So the grey is bare metal right? I just got my Kodai, and was wondering if it should be red with bare metal (whenever I get around to them - nice kits though - although the details and panel lines are a little deep/trench like for the scale - but that's typical of "heavy-handed" Bandai) Have you considered Alclad metalizers? I would try those on my build - maybe a few different shades. Now I've gotta get a second one for that folded up look - love it.

Edited by wm cheng

Fantastic!! The Domelus does look like Styrene too. Not crazy about the Polmeria carriers....though they do look a lot bigger than I expected! The Gaiderol is already on preorder and I was hoping they would make a Meltoria class battle cruiser too...my favorite with along with the Gaiderol's. insta buy for the Domelus III and the Meltoria

So we know the Gaiderol will have Kripiera destroyers, maybe the Meltoria battle cruiser will have the UX-1 included too.

Amazing builds Chris! Truely beautiful. So the grey is bare metal right? I just got my Kodai, and was wondering if it should be red with bare metal (whenever I get around to them - nice kits though - although the details and panel lines are a little deep/trench like for the scale - but that's typical of "heavy-handed" Bandai) Have you considered Alclad metalizers? I would try those on my build - maybe a few different shades. Now I've gotta get a second one for that folded up look - love it.

The pictures I posted above are my builds! ;):D

The details and panel lines aren't too bad, especially after a primer coat, base coat, clear coat ect.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hey William, thanks for the compliment. I've heard a lot about the Alclad line but I have never tried them. I know a bunch of people want to use them for the new 1/72 Gunstar kit. Need to get around to mine some time too.

To answer your question about the light grey parts in the kit, yes they are supposed to be bare metal. I think on my Yamamoto I'm going to use the Chromed Silver that I used on the stowed version above.

Chris

You will notice that, extra ships aside, they are placed in their respective set. The Destoria is next to the Kelkapia, the Meranka Mekakore model is next to the Polmeria and the Kripteras next to the Gaiderol. This leads me to believe that the UX-01 will come with the Meltoria and that tank will possibly be a Mekacore extra with the Gaiderol/Kriptera pack. The Domelus III, being such a huge model will probably be a standalone model, though, if we think about it, it is a 2 in 1, since the Smite ship is the command tower. (It even has the SMITE projectors, probably to display with the detached saucer).

The Polmeria surprised me too, i thought it was a bit smaller. The problem is the one we saw on the show was alone so no reference. This thing is, at it's widest span, longer than the Gaiderol. This will be a beautiful display set, once all the ships come out, but it will cost us some prime real-estate in terms of shelf space. XD If they indeed produce the Domelus (i shiver just thinking the price tag on it XD), huge as it is, wonder if they'll go all the way and make the tri-deck carriers... (no idea how big those are, though). And i wonder if the red carrier / battleship will show up at all. :)

More photos of that table with 2 Polmeria carriers and a Meranka, a Gaiderol and the Kripteras, and further possible prototypes of the Meltoria and UX-01 and also a tank... Funny how,although they are about the same length as the Gaiderol, the Polmerias round shape makes them a lot more massive. Finger crossed that all these come

Some photos of the detail on the prototype Polmeria and Meranka bomber.

Damn - still no Type 100 (apart from the 1/1000 one).

wow, somebody pinch me. i think i'm having a wet dream :D

i'm glad that my optimism from a few pages ago regarding the Domelus is turning out to be well served. i'll order that one with my eyes closed and just bet that it'll still be same or cheaper than a Bandai valk. i mean, 80cm real-world 1/350 carriers go for $80-150, and those come with a ton of accessories, sometimes including PE. so unless they make the Domelus akin to the epic, all-singing, all-dancing 1/350 Yamato kit, it should be quite affordable.

so the Meltoria will indeed come with the UX-01. i wonder what the Mekakore freebie will be? i hope it's one of the Gamilas fighters.

wondering why the 3 ships left of the Polmeria are of a different color. perhaps an elite guard set comprised of the Destoria, Kelkapia and Kriptera?

and what the heck is that thing hovering above and to the left of the Polmeria? it looks like the Polmeria but also slighty different, aside from the coloring. maybe it'll also be part of the elite guard set? that's going to be a big box, but i'm all for it if they include multiples of in-scale fighters.

i'm starting to worry though about the chances of getting Mekakore freebies of the Seagull and T-100 since all the UNCN ships are already out.

OT, but i can't help but think how utterly awesome it would've been if Meltrandi ships got the same love from Bandai.

Lol, same here. Even tho I have the BD, it's good to see the show finally get a broadcast :-)

I also watched it even I went to Shinjuku Piccadilly last year. And I joined Niconico live simultaneously. So called "実況" (doing a commentary). It was so amusing.

Edited by antibiotictab

Well after looking at the Gamila pics again and again, I finally broke down and preordered the Polmeria class also. That is quite a bit of plastic + the bonus kit for under $40. Gives me hope that the Domelus III won't be too bad ( price wise) after all.

Chris