Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

This thread has been going for so long I can't remember if I posted or not. Anyway, I don't care about another YF-19, I would rather Yamato concentrate on stuff that has never been made. Vf-0D, VF-4, VF-19P, Full Armour Thunderbolt, bring it all on.

Really, I only want to see a 1.5-1.75 for the VF-19A. Just add the chest locks and reduce the gullet a bit and re-use the rest of the existing parts.

Really, I only want to see a 1.5-1.75 for the VF-19A. Just add the chest locks and reduce the gullet a bit and re-use the rest of the existing parts.

and give the hips better articulation, and fix the crappy elbow joints, and include some tabs for gerwalk mode, and make the backpack and give it better hands, and make the larger gunpod, and fix the landing gear, and fuller legs would be nice, and I wouldn't mind a better looking pilot figure, and if they could eliminate that stupid sliding mechanism on the backpack that would be great...

Edited by anime52k8

I wasn't really into the whole idea of redoing a figure as relatively new as the YF-19, but now That I've gotten the VF-19S, I'm really wanting to get a YF-19 and complete the Macross Plus trifecta now. but at the same time, having handled the VF-19S, it's so much better than any Macross toy I own that I just couldn't go back and buy the current YF-19 without being hugely disappointed.

So yeah, the VF-19 is so good I don't think I could buy another Macross toy that came out before it and properly enjoy it. but I still want a YF-19 in my life so an updated 1/60 would be good for me.

BTW, I'd like them to go back and do v.2 versions of the Macross Zero valks. I know that will never happen because there's so little demand for them but macross Zero had such awesome designs that ended up as such mediocre toys.

Agreed on all counts except I don't have a 1/60 YF-19 but from pics, after seeing how well the Fire and Blazer turned out, and hearing about how easy they are to transform, I have no desire to buy the original 1/60 YF-19. The closest I came was buying the Double Nuts, but that sold out, then I wanted the BOP, but that sold out too, then pics of the Fire Valk emerged, and I said f%^&* it.

After handling the VF19S and looking at my old YF-19 Double Nuts I'd love a V.3... well provided I don't get fraked ankles on it like my 19S. The YF-19 is SOOOOO bad looking by comparison now. Although, I've never been a fan of the color scheme from Mac+ either so unless they had some variants (like the Double Nuts) it still might be a tough sell for me.

I have no desire to get any variant of the VF19 at all. Not interested in the Fire valk or the 19S. The 19S does look great in battroid mode and very accurate. Yamato should be able to make a fantastic looking YF-19 with all the lessons learned from these models. Waiting patiently for this future release.

Do you think Yamato will finally make the YF-19 in it's gloss/shiny finish just like the ova?

http://ghostlightnin...-yf-19-love.jpg

I don’t know, that’s a good question.

I used to prefer Yamato’s traditional matte finish, but –even though I still do- after seeing how beautiful their recent VF-19S looks I think it wouldn’t bother me too much if they decided to make a v.3 YF-19 with a glossy finish.

I actually think the absolute reverse to you - glossy = cheap and matte = refined, imho.

Matte would look good if it actually looked like matte paint (i.e. very smooth with a defuse, low sheen). But the bare matte plastic has a visible grain to it where it's abundantly obvious that it's unpainted plastic. The gloss plastic on the VF-19 matches the painted areas in terms of shininess and surface texture such that the whole thing looks painted from a distance.

every YF-19 toy is now wrong!

why have you forsaken us Banamato?

Not true... I believe the 1/72 YF-19 was glossy-ish.

Uh... what's 'Banamoto'? Google returned some ambiguous results, lol.

Matte would look good if it actually looked like matte paint (i.e. very smooth with a defuse, low sheen). But the bare matte plastic has a visible grain to it where it's abundantly obvious that it's unpainted plastic. The gloss plastic on the VF-19 matches the painted areas in terms of shininess and surface texture such that the whole thing looks painted from a distance.

Yes... I agree with anime52k8!

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

While I prefer matte finishes, I found the look of the gloss on the VF-19S to be acceptable. The thing that annoys me greatly about it is that it is such a fingerprint magnet and shows every little scuff or scratch on the surface. I rectified that with the Bandai valks by clearcoating them with future which seems to repel fingerprints far better and fills in the scratches and scuffs from the factory. But I couldn't even do that with the 19 because the nose cone would have the clear coat scraped off vertically every time it is transformed to battroid due to the way you have to squeeze it into the chest area for it to lock it into place. So no offense to all that like the gloss finish, but I hope if a YF-19 is remade, that it is done with their usual semi-gloss finish or at least they come up with a different way to lock the nose into the chest that doesn't require physical scraping between two parts.

If there was a new YF-19 release, I think it'd have a matte finish, to match well with the YF-21. I'm all for a new YF-19, so long as it comes with the fast packs. It'd also be awesome to get the weapon that destroys the Monster in the field weapon test in Macross Plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a v3 Bird of Prey YF-19, there is just something about that color scheme that I really enjoy, and out of all my valks, she likes my YF-19 Bird of Prey the most because of the color! Speaking of other wishlist for revised valks, would be the SV-51(all 3 variants) with non floppiness, better wing lock strength, better arm joints so they don't flop and make the hips guns stay I place in all modes!

Also, I would like to see them revisit the YF-19 and YF-21 in the 1/48 scale. I know the first thing that will come to mind is: That will cost so much money! Well, since valks now seem to be around $300+ for the 1/60 scale VF-19S/VF-17S, I do not think that it is inconceivable to swallow the cost of a 1/48 scale valk toy. I would just love to have one of those beasts sitting on my shelf...imagine a 1/48 scale SV-51! Now that would be huge!

Twich

Edited by twich

• 11 months later...

Speaking of other wishlist for revised valks, would be the SV-51(all 3 variants) with non floppiness, better wing lock strength, better arm joints so they don't flop and make the hips guns stay I place in all modes!

Also, I would just love to have one of those beasts sitting on my shelf...imagine a 1/48 scale SV-51! Now that would be huge!

Twich

But most of all don’t forget to add the ability to flip up or down the battle mask.

The right right shoulder of my 1/60 YF-19 dissolved into 4 tiny pieces and his right arm fell off this morning as I was dusting. I barely touched it with the duster and the arm skewed wierdly. I nudged it with my finger to move it back, and the whole arm fell off. Half of the tube in the upper arm through which the screw passes broke in half, and the shoulder literally went to pieces.

Trying to repair, but my hopes that it'll hold together are slim.

So, yeah, bring on the updated YF-19 with better QC, materials, and all flaws of the original fixed.

These breakage issues sound a lot like the old gold plastic syndrome from transformers... It's a shame they have so many issues with holding together. I only just got one recently though, so even if they did produce a renewal type I think I'd stick to the one I've got, at least for as long as it stays in one piece.

I'm inclined to think of it as material failure as well. I don't play with my valks, they are lightly handled, and generally I stick them in a pose I like and that's how they stay until i get a bug up my arse to transform it or just mess with it a bit. My 19 has been holding the same pose now for months without being handled. Although, the right upper arm was also starting to crack (hairline; I put some glue over that as well to prevent it from getting worse). I may casually interrogate my spousal unit today after work to see if my 19 took a spill at some point and she put it back so I wouldn't be the wiser. She may deny, but the damage is synonymous with trauma. This is the sort of stuff that makes or breaks a 10 year marriage. :ph34r:

Kidding aside, if it is material deficiency, which I suspect is the reason for my sorrowful predicament, it makes me wonder. I have toys from the 80's which have been seriously handled and are still together, and none of them cost in excess of $200. <_< I just remembered, I already had to do a repair on my YF-19's other shoulder when the top part of the arm where it hinges onto the shoulder just cracked one day. Fortunately, it was an easier repair and afterwards, that joint was a little tighter and it could hold a pose.

I'm going to keep my griping to a minimum, as I've read about the problems other members have had with many of their valks, crumbling shoulders, etc. This is the only Yamato valk out of about 12 that I've had any serious issue.

I still have a fondness for this toy; however, in light of the awesomeness of the VF-19, improvements overall would be welcome on a whole new toy. I doubt Yamato wonders whether it would sell, and I'm sure they're well aware of the criticisms and shortfalls of the current 1/60 YF-19. I'm betting we'll a see new improved version within the next couple years.

Edited by M'Kyuun

It entirely depends on the materials used. Many 20 year old transformers are notorious for undergoing catastrophic material failure simply because of the plastics used, and my understanding is the toy makers have no real way to know how well a plastic will age until after the fact, I.e., when material breakdowns begin to occur. It's really just one of those things.