Well my fingers are crossed and wallet open for the DMK line. I bought one of each Prime and Bumblebee for the first release and (2) of the re-releases of Prime.

For my money I think it's a great concept that I wish they'd expand and improve upon.

-b.

Revoltech Bumblebee's not half bad either, since it scales in almost perfectly with the DMK OP kit as well as leader class ROTF OP. I bought one, myself.

IMO, even if Takara doesn't want to continue with the DMK kits, they should license it to other companies like Bandai or even Kotobukiya. At the very least, it'll fill in the gap what with Hasbro now having become reluctant to make leader class villains. That leader class "Victoria's Secret" Sentinel toy just doesn't cut it; he might be a turncoat, but he still deserves an accurate model kit.

Megatron certainly deserves one. His movieverse leader class toys sucked.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoops...I must have been out of it last night. I read "3P" as "3A" - since they got the license to produce toys from the movie, hence the comment about price.

Not really stoked about third party releases either, even if some of them look OK.

-b.

Well something must be clearly wrong with kids those days. I remember when I was a kid I was always bummed out when the transformation was too simple or when they could not get in the poses on the box. I had a few of the Menasor limbs and I was not pleased that the arms can only rotate 90 degrees.

So I think it is a good thing that I don't collect any Transformers toy lines except the Takara Masterpieces and some third party stuff. I'm sure that Mr. Goldner knows what he's doing.

On the other hand I just finished a 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle and I can tell for sure that it was much more complex that any of my transforming toys. ^_^

[edit: ] Now I have to search for the corresponding thread on TFW2005 and see what the reasonable people over there have to say about that. :)

Edited by Scyla

Not having owned any 3A or 3rd party items I'm seriously asking why; price, quality or other reason?

-b.

The attitude and behavior of the company towards it's customers really. 3A makes generally good products that I like, but they have this attitude, especially with regards to their original IP's, that it's their product so they can do whatever they want with it and if the customers don't like it they can go frakk themselves.

No matter how much you like a product it's really hard to keep buying it when the company that make it does thing like say, "you're mad that we took this highly demanded color variant, made only 10 of them and sold them without warning on our web store? tough tits." Or, "you don't like that the only way to get these inexpensive troop builder figures is to buy them in $350 mixed-colorway 10 packs? Go frakk yourself."

Dang, I agree if I felt a company I was trying to do business with didn't really care about my dollar, or how hard they make it for me to spend my dollar with them then I'd feel the exact same way.

Appreciate the reply.

-b.

Yep, more money for 3P.

Hasbro has to cater to their bread and butter and I get that Leader ROTF Optimus is not a little kids toy, but I too felt like a lot of the TF toys I had as a kid were really simple. Didn't like my BB that much because of that. The stuff they made recently was very simple and kid friendly already.

But this bit of text of the article is just horrible:

The toys’ streamlined transformations also address the need for instant gratification sought by children today, she said.

My god, before the tagline for TF toys was that they helped think outside the box and promote imagination and motor skills; but now its just the next quick crack high??

Why is it so damn hard for people to just type "third party"?!?

It's a rather official abbr. now, especially with events like CP3P. I mean, people use OP and UM all the time. "3P MP UM" is a lot quicker than "unofficial masterpiece-style Ultra Magnus" yet is universally understood among the fandom.

It's a rather official abbr. now, especially with events like CP3P. I mean, people use OP and UM all the time. "3P MP UM" is a lot quicker than "unofficial masterpiece-style Ultra Magnus" yet is universally understood among the fandom.

I feel a bit of both pride and shame that I understand the abbreviations.

I don't like it for the same reason I don't like CHUG. Admittedly it's not as bad as CHUG because CHUG is the single worst acronym in the history of everything, but I still don't like the way 3P sounds.

I don't like it for the same reason I don't like CHUG. Admittedly it's not as bad as CHUG because CHUG is the single worst acronym in the history of everything, but I still don't like the way 3P sounds.

What? CHUG is the best one. It benefits from being an actual word, and is short to type and say than Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations. I'll grant you, I probably wouldn't use it if Hasbro had stuck with Classics, but they're the ones that are renamed the line twice now.

Edited by mikeszekely

Getting off-topic, but depending on the context, "chug" can be racially derogatory against Native Americans, or other aboriginal races in other countries, due to the negative stereotype that they tend to get drunk on just about anything they can get their hands on.

Personally, I just call the whole damn lot neo-G1 (the toys, not the natives).

Edited by GU-11

I'm glad I don't get what 3A means.

It's ThreeZero + Ashley Wood

3A

It's also a fantastic company, and it's based on Art style selling. So yeah, there are items that are super limited and sometimes

Impossible to get first hand. But 90% of what they do are 24hr sales. They also have the best Customer service on the planet.

There's a lot of hate because the super limited items may only be 10 pieces. There's over 6K 3A members, and probably three times

That in non member buyers.

Any licensed good like Transformers will be 24hr sales, and be at retailers like SideShow and BBTS.

I'm glad I don't get what 3A means.

It's ThreeZero + Ashley Wood

3A

It's also a fantastic company, and it's based on Art style selling. So yeah, there are items that are super limited and sometimes

Impossible to get first hand. But 90% of what they do are 24hr sales. They also have the best Customer service on the planet.

There's a lot of hate because the super limited items may only be 10 pieces. There's over 6K 3A members, and probably three times

That in non member buyers.

Any licensed good like Transformers will be 24hr sales, and be at retailers like SideShow and BBTS.

Interesting - it kind of ties into what was said earlier about how 3A conducts business and how that can be off-putting to a lot of people (myself included) but it's "good" to know that if they release something from Transformers that I want to purchase I'll be able to get it thru reputable online shops like Sideshow and BBTS.

-b.

I don't care for the acronyms.

To me if it was built in the 80's it's old and G1, if I was built up to 2000 it newer, if it's built after 2000 it's either bayverse, blatant pocket miners, or kiddy crap.

Except for the Alternators or Binaltechs, which are just blatantly for adults but sold at discount in superstores because kids didn't buy them. Go figure !!

Third party is the future IMO

Edited by big F