1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

hi, a few days ago had the idea to put the vf-1a Cf an the stealth parts together. this is something i wanted to try long time ago but never had the time to do it and all my yamato stuff is always in their boxes to avoid dust and light, so since i got the stealth parts never saw this 2 pieces together. i dont know if someone uploaded images of this combination before but after seeing the result i decided to take some pictures and share them with all of you. i think that the stealth parts are amazing and nicer by far from the standard color. maybe for many of you this is old news, you know the stealth parts are 6 years old by now but since i bought this only a year ago is still something new for me and i think i will never get bored of them. why in the hell yamato made so few of this stealth parts?? why never a second run?? yamato re-release them i want more!!!!! 2 set is not enough for me hahaha. 1/48 rules!! 1/60 collectors dont hate me i also have many of that scale in my collection too(v2), its only something about the size of the 1/48. sorry for the pictures quality my camera is also 6 years old and a cheap one.

gerwalk mode only for now.

post-12890-0-59310900-1349601121_thumb.jpgpost-12890-0-66093000-1349601197_thumb.jpgpost-12890-0-30073500-1349601383_thumb.jpgpost-12890-0-89139000-1349601480_thumb.jpg

Wow, nice photos. I gotta say, that alto with ozma armor doesn't look bad at all. I actually quite like the look!

It's like Alto put on Ozma's big boy pants and now he's a man.

Here's my VF-25G. Despite the problems I've had with my copy, I think it still looks nice.

VF-25G_Michael_fighter_04.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_GERWALK_02.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_01.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_02.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_03.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_04.jpg

... and yes, before anyone points it out, I forgot to raise the scope in the last pic...

Edit: removed some pics I wasn't satisfied with. Reshot and posted further down.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

@ MacrossJunkie - weathering or is that how the G looks out of the box (photography and lighting notwithstanding)? Looks good, just curious.

-b.

Yep, I panel lined it with a black pen, then I applied several layers of gloss clear coat. Then I weathered it and applied a semi-gloss (more on the dull side) coat.

Very cool. I always think about customizing, but I'm waaaayyyy to nervous. And considering the availability of the VF-25 v2 there's no way I'm gonna risk messing one up.

I wish that Bandai had used the purple canopy on the F and S, I think it looks much better than the clear canopies.

-b.

Very cool. I always think about customizing, but I'm waaaayyyy to nervous. And considering the availability of the VF-25 v2 there's no way I'm gonna risk messing one up.

I wish that Bandai had used the purple canopy on the F and S, I think it looks much better than the clear canopies.

-b.

Actually, the S does have a purple tinted canopy and the F has a blue tinted one.

VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_02.jpg

VF-25F_Alto_fighter_01.JPG

Actually, the S does have a purple tinted canopy and the F has a blue tinted one.

You know, I had to give my F and S a second look. The tint definitely shows more in your pictures, but you (or speaking for myself, I) can barely see the tint in person.

I don't have a VF-25G so I can't comment on how pronounced the canopy tint is in person vs. the pictures.

So I guess I should say I wish the tint was more visible.

-b.

I noticed the difference in canopy tinting myself, and yeah, it's a lot more pronounced on the G than either the F or S. If I could swap the canopies around without causing any damage, I'd swap Michael's and Alto's canopies.

I'd actually prefer if they were all closer to Alto's, or even just clear, but I don't know why Michael's is so much darker.

I noticed the difference in canopy tinting myself, and yeah, it's a lot more pronounced on the G than either the F or S. If I could swap the canopies around without causing any damage, I'd swap Michael's and Alto's canopies.

I'd actually prefer if they were all closer to Alto's, or even just clear, but I don't know why Michael's is so much darker.

I want to do the same except swap Alto and Ozma's canopy. I prefer that blue and would like to have it on my favorite Valk from Frontier.

I think my personal preference would be a smoke tinted canopy across the entire line of VF-25s, but how they are now looks good to me as well.

Bandai actually went with a lightly tinted blue in their version 1 of the 25G. I'm not sure how they bounced from that to a more saturated purple tint on the version 2.

Just for fun, here's the two side by side. I think seeing the differences between the two helps me appreciate just how much improved the version 2 is. The parts all fit so much more seemlessly. The version 1 also had mismatching shades of blue on the chest, hips gun pieces, shield and legs, whereas they managed to keep a consistent shade of blue across the entire thing on the version 2. Extra bonus points to them for that.

Michael_VF-25G_v1_v2_01.JPG

Michael_VF-25G_v1_v2_02.JPG

Michael_VF-25G_v1_v2_03.JPG

Edit: Bah! I finally figured out why my latest photos all look so weird to me. I've been using Adobe Lightroom to convert my RAWs to JPEGs and it does all this funky processing to all the photos it imports without me even touching a slider which screws with the colors and everything. These latest three photos were converted using the default Nikon software and they look much better to me.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Final spamming of pics from me playing around with poses and such for the 25G, I promise. I need to start working on Ozma's full armor pieces which have been sitting around languishing for many many weeks. My free time was taken up too much by Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2 that I pretty much forgot about it.

VF-25G_Michael_GERWALK_03.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_GERWALK_04.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_05.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_06.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_07.jpg

VF-25G_Michael_battroid_08.jpg

Michael_VF-25G_v1_v2_04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to taking more pics and transforming it into other modes. What a pain in the arse it was. It's just so bulky and hard to get your hands positioned right to move pieces into place. At least it wasn't falling to pieces during transformation like the version 1 was fond of doing.

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_01.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_02.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_03.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_04.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_05.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_fighter_06.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_GERWALK_01.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_GERWALK_02.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_battroid_02.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_battroid_04.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_battroid_07.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_battroid_01.jpg

Armored_VF-25S_Ozma_battroid_05.jpg

Edit: Added a couple more pics. One of them is a re-do of the first pic I took because I realized the neck was not extended properly. Added better lighting and slightly more weathering.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

• 2 weeks later...