Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

It comes with some extra peices to display them if your using the Yamato Mighty Block display stand or the luanch arm display stand those peices will fit both. The first peice is a long display piece that is placed under the fighter between the legs just follow the directions in the manual easy to see. The second piece is used for the battroid mode; however, I recomend using the launch Arm display stand for this, as the Battroid mode is too tall as the Mighty block stand won't support it.

Thanks VF-18S Hornet! :)

Yes I'm sure it will, especially if they tampo on the chest markings, like I am pushing them to do.

Graham

I hope they tampo the chest markings, but if they don't, I will use the NUNS stickers, as they complement the blue stripes really well for some reason. The blue stripes, the fact that Gamlin used the D 1st and ended the TV series with the D model, and that HEAD SCULPT...those are reasons why I want the D. The S looks cool too but damn that D head sculpt is just awesome...reminds me of the VF-1J too, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Successfully converted to Battloid! The VF-17s is TIGHT! I can totally see parts breaking if you are not careful! I love the diecast content as well as all of the sliding panels. But this is now my favorite valk!!

(null)

post-687-573806_thumb.jpg

Successfully converted to Battloid! The VF-17s is TIGHT! I can totally see parts breaking if you are not careful! I love the diecast content as well as all of the sliding panels. But this is now my favorite valk!!

(null)

Seeing man nipples on that VF-17S is weird for sure!!

:D

Does this have a better adapter for the stands? I mean, the 19 Kai always took off from its Fighter mode adapter due to the back of plane's weight.

Yes. It's much more secure plus the weight of the VF-17 is more evenly distributed.

i do this because i love you all

Excellent! Thanks for the updated video, veef. Transforming these new fangled valks are tough enough without having to decipher the japanese instruction booklets. So glad we have you as a resource :)

Edited by whitestar

VF-18S didn't like my joke at all but I have positive responses from other members :)

This means I made a good one Yay! :D

BTW my money secured for VF-17S is now heading to VF-25S! And I don't know how this thing happened all of a sudden!!

Edited by charger69

i do this because i love you all
VF-18S didn't like my joke at all but I have positive responses from other members :) This means I made a good one Yay! :D BTW my money secured for VF-17S is now heading to VF-25S! And I don't know how this thing happened all of a sudden!!

Thanks VF5SS I wish I had seen your video before transforming my 17 as I was cussing up a storm trying to get that chest plate loose, but after seeing do it, all I can do is say SOB :angry: . But not to you, you sir are no SOB but a genius, I am just mad at myself because in transforming it, I damaged the shoulder part a bit. And to Charger69 I did like your joke, :D sorry it looked like I was being sarcastic, my dry sense of humor can be misleading at times. Didn't mean to make you feel bad. ^_^

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Thanks VF5SS I wish I had seen your video before transforming my 17 as I was cussing up a storm trying to get that chest plate loose, but after seeing do it, all I can do is say SOB :angry: . But not to you, you sir are no SOB but a genius, I am just mad at myself because in transforming it, I damaged the shoulder part a bit. And to Charger69 I did like your joke, :D sorry it looked like I was being sarcastic, my dry sense of humor can be misleading at times. Didn't mean to make you feel bad. ^_^

No problem VF-18S :) We are all here for our lovely Macross!

took me 2 hours to figure it out.

How many ppl here at less take a look to the pictures in the "how to transform booklet"? I remeber when the VF-11B came out years ago and a lot of ppl complaning about the lower part of the heat shield not locking in place.

I always look at the book and it usually takes me a half hour or so just because I'll look back and forth from the book to the toy just to double/triple check I'm not miss understanding and about to break something. That being said, the first time I transformed this one it took me an hour because things on it were so tight I didn't want to accidentally break anything pulling too hard so I took my time.

How many ppl here at less take a look to the pictures in the "how to transform booklet"? I remeber when the VF-11B came out years ago and a lot of ppl complaning about the lower part of the heat shield not locking in place.

Is there a trick to that? Haha I never figured it out....

Bah, I never look at the manual. BECAUSE I'M A MAN! :p

Actually I rarely look at transformation guides unless I feel like I might break something.

For me part of the fun of transforming toys is figuring out how they work.

That said, it took me about 4 or 5 minutes to transform everything on the 17 but the hip mechanism - that alone took an extra 10 minutes and required watching Veef's video. I was actually doing it right, it's just so tight that it felt like I was doing it wrong.

Edited by eriku

Bah, I never look at the manual. BECAUSE I'M A MAN! :p

Actually I rarely look at transformation guides unless I feel like I might break something.

For me part of the fun of transforming toys is figuring out how they work.

That said, it took me about 4 or 5 minutes to transform everything on the 17 but the hip mechanism - that alone took an extra 10 minutes and required watching Veef's video. I was actually doing it right, it's just so tight that it felt like I was doing it wrong.

I only had to look at the Manual once, and that was because the chest wasn't budging when I was pulling it, until POP it was up! I was surprised how easy it was to transform back to fighter mode, the panels are great and I am impressed by the engineering that went into the VF-17S! But I was extra careful with the hips after seeing the pictures of the broken hip above!

That's one of the things that scares me the most on Yamato valks. They are sooo tight right out of the box that I feel like every step I am doing is wrong, and that somehow I'll screw everything up and break it. Usually, after my first transformation cycle, the whole experience just feels dirty.....

I almost threw up my heart when I opened up the ratchet ankles of the 19 kai for the first time. Do you guys like loosen the screws or something before transforming it? You all make it look so simple in the videos, and I end up wrestling the toy....

Took me about half an hour to transform the first time, but that's because a) I was paranoid I'd break something, which is how I always am with every Valk I buy, and b) because I was paranoid, it took me 15 minutes to pull the chest part up.

Now, it takes me about 10 minutes to transform from Fighter to Battroid and vice versa. The 19 and Bandai's VF-25 renewals are so much easier to transform right out of the box.