Honestly I think I'm a bigger MASK fan than a Transformers or GI Joe fan. I'm definitely interested to see what Hasbro is going to do...

• 5 years later...

Ramen Toy has revealed a 3D render of their first vehicle project. Code name: Great White.

277566846_365851238795716_4565307125863020333_n.png.0f893613ad3857db040dce9925c1d6d0.png

Based on the image posted above, a lot of the speculation says it's Gloria Baker's SHARK vehicle. Scale/size to be determined.

Gloria_Baker.gif.dc2a3099b640144c07317a2f8efcd955.gif Gloria_Baker.webp.e015b65230d2b868e6769487bd212580.webp Shark.webp.10c115ad58edec76321d527491fce29e.webp Mask_dutch01.JPG.webp.946882a123e0639ee2ef8e5d7f5f9c27.webp

Edited by no3Ljm

51 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Wuuut...!? Ramen Toys coming out with all the 80s stuff! Eventually DinoRiders, Dinosaucers... hmm, lol.

Looks like it. It's just nice that even though the person behind the company had some beef with some people. They still moving forward on doing things that no other companies are doing. They do alter the design a bit due to copyrights. But atleast we will be able to get figures that some of us probably can't afford growing up. And for me, that's a good thing. :) 

I also read somewhere that they might do Visionaries too. ;) 

I hope the original thread author, doesn't mind that I put this toy announcement here instead of creating a new one earlier since there's no point of creating a new thread due to its original thread low traffic.

Anyways, looking forward on the other M.A.S.K. vehicles from Ramen Toy. :) 

Edited by no3Ljm

I was just watching the Thunderhawk and Switchblade reviews. And I wonder if the old toys are in 1/18 scale judging by the figures. I'm thinking maybe they will go in that same scale route so that you can play the new ones with the old sets. That is, assuming that most 80's kids still have their old set intact. ;)

But man, it's going to be cool to see Shark prototypes soon.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Would be nice if they do Thunderhawk first to re-ignite the interest on this collectibles. ;) 

mask---thunderhawk-with-matt-trakker--loose--p-image-429740-grande.jpg.45811c6c669ce06e4b7c7d800ef1887a.jpg

image.jpeg.fd77c7bf0d21dfc0be7513803706bfe7.jpeg

Did you know this version of Matt Tracker had two styles of masks? One like in the picture with the attached shoulder harness and the earlier one which was just the helmet. It was changed to make it less of a choking hazard.

4 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Did you know this version of Matt Tracker had two styles of masks? One like in the picture with the attached shoulder harness and the earlier one which was just the helmet. It was changed to make it less of a choking hazard.

I didn't know about that. Thanks for sharing. :good: 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like it. It's just nice that even though the person behind the company had some beef with some people. They still moving forward on doing things that no other companies are doing. They do alter the design a bit due to copyrights. But atleast we will be able to get figures that some of us probably can't afford growing up. And for me, that's a good thing. :) 

I hope the original thread author, doesn't mind that I put this toy announcement here instead of creating a new one earlier since there's no point of creating a new thread due to its original thread low traffic.

OMG you had to say it! "VISIONARIES"! I completely forgot about them... holy crap I remember collecting them with the holographic/prismatic chest emblems!

On 6/22/2016 at 1:58 PM, sh9000 said:

post-21587-0-37018700-1466629026_thumb.jpeg

I bought the dvd set for super cheap on Amazon a while back. Maybe it's time to watch some old episodes.

Time passed and I never had a chance to rewatch the cartoon.  Not sure if I even opened the set yet.  I’ll check when I get home.

Edited by sh9000

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I also read somewhere that they might do Visionaries too

If they actually do holograms, that'll be cool. If they just do shiny foil then pbbbbth.

47 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

If I recall, most of the titular masks were reworked. Toy safety laws had just changed, and all the masks were not in compliance with new choking hazard rules.  They remolded them to be some combination of larger(so they were harder to get in there) and well-ventilated(so they didn't block airflow completely if they did get in there).

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

If they actually do holograms, that'll be cool. If they just do shiny foil then pbbbbth.

If I recall, most of the titular masks were reworked. Toy safety laws had just changed, and all the masks were not in compliance with new choking hazard rules.  They remolded them to be some combination of larger(so they were harder to get in there) and well-ventilated(so they didn't block airflow completely if they did get in there).

I have the first version (mask only), as well as Thunderhawk:

1207920138_101_02331.JPG.a0ff6f6e0b9b326cec75c3d8b0a3eacf.JPG

2 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

OMG you had to say it! "VISIONARIES"! I completely forgot about them... holy crap I remember collecting them with the holographic/prismatic chest emblems!

I didn't had Visionaries before but I did follow the show. :good: 

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Let's hope they do. Besides, their Quicksilver figure is somehow metallic than what Super7 is doing. So hopefully they will do justice on their announcements. ;) 

12 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

I have the first version (mask only), as well as Thunderhawk:

1207920138_101_02331.JPG.a0ff6f6e0b9b326cec75c3d8b0a3eacf.JPG

Man! That's one of the M.A.S.K. vehicles that I really wanted aside from the Switchblade. Budget-wise back then, my mother can only afford to buy me Vampire. Back then, that was already a heaven for me. :good: 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Man! That's one of the M.A.S.K. vehicles that I really wanted aside from the Switchblade. Budget-wise back then, my mother can only afford to buy me Vampire. Back then, that was already a heaven for me

My brother had that one along with my neighbor. That's how I knew about the helmet variants as they each had the different version. The one I always wanted was the 57 Chevy with the lift kit and the pop up aplique armor plates that made it an adhoc tank.

That and the bigazz semi truck!

So this thread has triggered a memory for me. Does anyone remember another toyline similar to M.A.S.K. from the 80s, but all the vehicles were clear and see through so you could see the transformation mechanics and missiles inside? I think the figures that came with them were also clear, but changed color when dipped in water. I think they were made by Kenner or Galoob.

Looks like I opened the set at some point.  Overall it’s a nice set.

23CD88B5-3210-45BB-962D-0E386BE1F53D.jpeg.b77fdfd1ba7888b3d086d997483f25a5.jpeg

D1329473-0371-482A-8D4B-0A0FFF90478D.jpeg.27a93d10775a23e6827f5affa319099b.jpeg

226769E8-A56D-4A3E-B319-0FEC957E614E.jpeg.c6fd1b3247860f91dbff0352ab8928cc.jpeg

99BF577E-A7C9-44B2-A605-0D4CF1436A35.jpeg.18a7f2385561400526d14cdbee49897d.jpeg

9A2B5B03-8229-4762-8E24-A8D0BAE32280.jpeg.af5d8cdfeed29336be0abd8e46d9e2b2.jpeg

BFE92924-3037-4A94-A2AC-D80A2C0332C0.jpeg.02271925eb960422ed15c4495bdfdee5.jpeg

6C6B1BD3-5C9B-47C0-8C43-E4582C2315FA.jpeg.c5f28ff9b7ff85858b1df316fb3ece77.jpeg

The picture quality is not that great but the series still brings back good memories.

The DVD set is currently on Amazon for $68.99.  I for sure paid way less than that.

15 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

So this thread has triggered a memory for me. Does anyone remember another toyline similar to M.A.S.K. from the 80s, but all the vehicles were clear and see through so you could see the transformation mechanics and missiles inside? I think the figures that came with them were also clear, but changed color when dipped in water. I think they were made by Kenner or Galoob.

Shadow Strikers?

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I didn't had Visionaries before but I did follow the show. :good: 

Let's hope they do. Besides, their Quicksilver figure is somehow metallic than what Super7 is doing. So hopefully they will do justice on their announcements. ;) 

Man! That's one of the M.A.S.K. vehicles that I really wanted aside from the Switchblade. Budget-wise back then, my mother can only afford to buy me Vampire. Back then, that was already a heaven for me. :good: 

I found it in a thrift store for 3 dollars, restored it, then found the figure and mask at an antique mall in Colorado for 5 bucks.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nah, man, I don't care. M.A.S.K. had some of the best toys that I never owned growing up, so this is intriguing.  While I absolutely dig Gloria's car-cum-sub for its aesthetics, the Thunderhawk is by far the most iconic vehicle from the show, and would have made a better starting toy, IMHO. Intriguing, nonetheless.  

Incidentally, I always wanted the Condor (green motorcycle that turns into a helicopter), but with limited funds as a kid, I saved all my money for LEGO and Transformers. Anyway, back in 2020 I went to an antique store and found one in good condition, minus the pilot. Regardless, I bought it and it sits on my desk within easy reach where I can look at it and mess with it anytime the whim strikes. The thought of a potential update, and hopefully one that's more complex and cooler, fills me with joy.

I always thought the Stinger was pretty cool, too, although so many of the toys in that line rocked. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this line.

• sh9000 changed the title to Ramen Toy M.A.S.K. toys and other toys
9 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Nah, man, I don't care. M.A.S.K. had some of the best toys that I never owned growing up, so this is intriguing.  While I absolutely dig Gloria's car-cum-sub for its aesthetics, the Thunderhawk is by far the most iconic vehicle from the show, and would have made a better starting toy, IMHO. Intriguing, nonetheless.  

Incidentally, I always wanted the Condor (green motorcycle that turns into a helicopter), but with limited funds as a kid, I saved all my money for LEGO and Transformers. Anyway, back in 2020 I went to an antique store and found one in good condition, minus the pilot. Regardless, I bought it and it sits on my desk within easy reach where I can look at it and mess with it anytime the whim strikes. The thought of a potential update, and hopefully one that's more complex and cooler, fills me with joy.

I always thought the Stinger was pretty cool, too, although so many of the toys in that line rocked. Definitely will be keeping an eye on this line.

Condor was one of my favorites too and my first MASK toy. Very interested in this line of it actually happens. 

Chris

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

B47BD1C8-ED65-4E73-BB9A-75D0AB98445C.jpeg.c56ca8c95e8334ca2c98cd2eaa8c517a.jpeg

There’s potential for this new toy line.

I remember having the green motorcycle and the Jeep with the boat in it as a kid.    Lost the boat and the jeep is still kicking around in storage somewhere.    A few years back at a yard sale I found the 57 chevy  complete with its box for cheap.         Thanks to this post I at least know what they are called now.   lol

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Condor was one of my favorites too and my first MASK toy. Very interested in this line of it actually happens. 

Chris

It's a beautiful toy. Honestly, it'd make for a perfect starter toy into a new M.A.S.K. line- small, affordable, with both a land and air mode and that oh-so- eye-catching bright lime green livery that screams look at me! Hopefully, if Ramen goes ahead with it, they do a good job on the human figs, i.e. durable with full articulation as well as removable /swappable masks (I have recurring thoughts of Sentinel's fall-apart-if-you-look-at-them-askance pilot figs). Even if they make the humans around the same scale as the originals, a small articulated fig is feasible: Mega makes a pretty well articulated fig that's just a tad bigger than the LEGO minifig. Heck, I'd be happy to see Mega get the M.A.S.K. license, as I'm not sure LEGO would be interested. Since Mega was acquired by Mattel, their quality improved dramatically. Too, they make a lot of interesting and useful parts that I wish LEGO would make.

I digressed a bit there. Anyway, I'm definitely curious to see how this line comes about.  M.A.S.K. could do with a new cartoon, too- something like GI Joe Resolute, Transformers Prime, or Netlix's Voltron, where homage is paid, and it's written at a level that both kids and adults can enjoy. 

I had none of the toys growing up- pretty limited kid budget and non-affluent parents.  But I looked at the toys anytime I saw them in the store, and of course, watched the show. The thought that new, hopefully improved versions of those old toys may become a reality when I now have the disposable income to pick a few up is kinda exciting.

My faves would be the Condor, Jackhammer, Raven, Stinger, and the Volcano.  The Thunder Hawk is cool, but I always wished it had more of a transformation into its flight mode. Even with those little wing extensions, it seemed pretty ridiculous, in an already ridiculous show, that a car could fly just by opening its gull-wing doors. Miles' Switchblade is cool, too, but would have been more fun had it had a ground mode instead of two flight modes.  It just wasn't as much a stretch going from chopper to plane.  It looks cool though.

• azrael changed the title to M.A.S.K. - Show and Toy collections