On 10/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, Tober said:

I wonder how many people will lose interest after reading that the fins have to be attached. :unsure:

I wonder how many people will find interest, after reading that the windshield and hood will not have to be compromised for the fins. 👍

Car mode is going to look much better than the previous prototype had looked, that's for sure. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered why the Thunderhawk's wheels didn't fold flat against the bottom of the car for flight mode. Seems like the standard mechanical application for wheeled vehicles that either fly or go underwater, and I've always loved the look of it. The lack of such a mechanism was always my primary turn-off to the Thunderhawk.

Looking through the pics, I think Ramen are doing a brilliant job in updating these old toys. Kenner was ahead of their time with the original toyline, really neat stuff.

So far as the Great White goes, I completely sympathize with Ace's explanation of the challenges of trying to make those hood fins work. This is a pretty challenging vehicle to design so far as carrying over all the transformational elements seen in the toon, and I think they're doing a remarkable job. There's definitely some passion behind these toys. While I'm not a partsformer fan, in this instance, in order to preserve the aesthetics of the car, I think his add-on fins were probably the best method requiring the least amount of sacrifice to the other mechanisms.

I appreciate the BTS video: I wish more toy companies would do stuff like this, especially in highly technical toys like Transformers and M.A.S.K. where so much thought and precision needs to go into the design to make everything functional and durable through many transitions. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...