Interesting news indeed. Considering Hasbro is a toy company first, one can only assume there are toys in the pipeline, although I'm dubious that they'll come close to what Ramen Toys are doing.

37 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Interesting news indeed. Considering Hasbro is a toy company first, one can only assume there are toys in the pipeline, although I'm dubious that they'll come close to what Ramen Toys are doing.

Recently Hasbro has become more of an overall entertainment company with seemingly higher interests in films and games. They’ve been outsourcing a lot of their toy brands to other companies lately 

3 minutes ago, Big s said:

Recently Hasbro has become more of an overall entertainment company with seemingly higher interests in films and games. They’ve been outsourcing a lot of their toy brands to other companies lately 

Honestly, I think they'd be further ahead to put Ramen Toys under contract with full licensing and let them do the hard work of development. Take a page from the Japanese approach: make the best toy possible and assign pricing accordingly instead of placing each product under a severely limited budget resulting in toys with subsequent limitations as we often see with Transformers. Promote it as a 'craft toy' line and see how it does. Of course, the prices would be higher, but if the quality and designs of the toys are this well executed, it's worth it, I suspect, to collectors and fans, especially considering what we Transformers fans pay for third party toys.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Honestly, I think they'd be further ahead to put Ramen Toys under contract with full licensing and let them do the hard work of development. Take a page from the Japanese approach: make the best toy possible and assign pricing accordingly instead of placing each product under a severely limited budget resulting in toys with subsequent limitations as we often see with Transformers. Promote it as a 'craft toy' line and see how it does. Of course, the prices would be higher, but if the quality and designs of the toys are this well executed, it's worth it, I suspect, to collectors and fans, especially considering what we Transformers fans pay for third party toys.

The way things are going with Hasbro, it’s actually a pretty good possibility. They laid off quite a few workers and many of their usual toys from kids to collectors have been handled by other companies. I was recently and probably annoyingly complaining about their cheap D&D toys for the cartoon and all of a sudden, Super 7 is doing some that look better and will probably have far better packaging. Other companies like Mcfarlane are doing odd page punchers for GI Joe and Transformers. And these are only a few that are putting out stuff for them. Hasbro may take a good look at what Ramen is doing. They haven’t tried to stop them and that could be a sign 

• 2 weeks later...

Ramen certainly has a passion for M.A.S.K. that's evident in their designs. I'm not sure Hasbro would have this much investment, although I have to say their G.I. Joe Classified line is pretty amazing. If they did a M.A.S.K. line at that level, methinks they'd be some pretty sweet toys. With the potential for a new show, I guess we'll have to wait and see what they serve up in terms of toys. Although I didn't have any M.A.S.K. stuff as a kid, the whole transforming gimmick and premise of the show endeared it more to me than G.I. Joe, whose toys were amazing, but the show, like most in the 80s, was purdy darned cheesy. Alas, I have neither the space nor the funds to add yet another toyline to my collections, but I do certainly love what Ramen is doing. I'd definitely love to see M.A.S.K. make a comeback, especially if the show has some really good writing and high production values. 

7 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Alas, I have neither the space nor the funds to add yet another toyline to my collections, but I do certainly love what Ramen is doing.

I’m with you there. I admire these figures and vehicles, but I have a lack of space and funds.

22 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Ramen certainly has a passion for M.A.S.K. that's evident in their designs. I'm not sure Hasbro would have this much investment, although I have to say their G.I. Joe Classified line is pretty amazing. If they did a M.A.S.K. line at that level, methinks they'd be some pretty sweet toys. With the potential for a new show, I guess we'll have to wait and see what they serve up in terms of toys. Although I didn't have any M.A.S.K. stuff as a kid, the whole transforming gimmick and premise of the show endeared it more to me than G.I. Joe, whose toys were amazing, but the show, like most in the 80s, was purdy darned cheesy. Alas, I have neither the space nor the funds to add yet another toyline to my collections, but I do certainly love what Ramen is doing. I'd definitely love to see M.A.S.K. make a comeback, especially if the show has some really good writing and high production values. 

I'd be down to buy updated MASK toys from Hasbro, especially if they were priced cheaper.  Seeing new MASK toys on store shelves would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

7E8A34BB-9CE3-4AE1-BE39-B0A889FC934B.jpeg.6b28335b8dfc3ab73c3ec94222f23f0b.jpeg

A9CAA041-4BD1-419B-978F-BFA42B46DFE3.jpeg.40f87bf60ee90fab85bc7173fdadfd2f.jpeg

F0F42E45-33AD-4279-BC75-415A5CDCF2B9.jpeg.b355f520ba6af53fe50192d53e5a8a10.jpeg

E6F64514-F03D-4CFB-87E4-347F69773B5F.jpeg.259f6bf40f7aa2ddd1685e079e637604.jpeg

Makina The Bot, made with diecast metal.

Little guy comes fully equipped. That’s a heck of a third leg. And then it has attachments for the guys as well and a fan to cool you off when it’s all over

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...