The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

My PS3 has been my only bluray play and it's just fine. I think playing a movie is less taxing than a game.

I thought that with movies, the laser has to constantly read from the disc as opposed to only reading when a game loads a different stage.

I thought that with movies, the laser has to constantly read from the disc as opposed to only reading when a game loads a different stage.

Well it does, but the taxing things are stuff like having to crank on the graphics card and processor. The drive constantly spinning and the laser on require very little power and give off very little heat.

Well it does, but the taxing things are stuff like having to crank on the graphics card and processor. The drive constantly spinning and the laser on require very little power and give off very little heat.

Good point. Heat seems to be the PS3's bigger enemy than wear and tear.

I guess I'll save myself some money and use the PS3 as a bluray/DVD player after all.

PS3 will run fine. If you have the newer versions/slim versions it will be ok. I still have the 1st gen japanese version that is region free and has backwards capability.

Me too; I've got a 1st generation 60G with the 'emo chip and until I got my laptop it served as the heart of my entertainment center for years. There's no point in saving something, IMO. If it breaks, it breaks...

PS3 will run fine. If you have the newer versions/slim versions it will be ok. I still have the 1st gen japanese version that is region free and has backwards capability.

I'm still using the 40GB HK 1st gen. One of the reasons I don't like using it as a DVD player is because using the controller as a remote sucks. Since I have a DVD player anyway, I prefer not to use the PS3 for DVD's.

Umm, wrong. I can easily clearly tell DVD vs Blu-Ray on my 32in and the difference is worth every penny.

Yup, other factors to take into account are the type of cables used, HDMI is best, but there is still a noticeable leap with component cables.

TDKR looks awesome on my high end Sony tv. I actually enjoyed it more watching it on my own tv than seeing it at the theater. but that's the case with most movies really.

I think TDKR could be the best of the Batman trilogy, but they're all good.

Mine ran just fine and it played the film beautifully on my TV. I gotta tell you, just an awesome film and I could hear everything so much better than I did in the theater.

Did they............raise the volume of Bain's voice, even a little? I don't remember him being that clear and easy to understand in the theater...

Sounds tweaks are very common when a movie gets transfered to disc, and his voice was one of the biggest issues with the film so I'm inclined to say yes.

I was looking forward to the home release so I could turn the subtitles on, finally figure out what he was saying and then use his lines in daily life, but after watching it at home subtitles weren't necessary...

Sounds tweaks are very common when a movie gets transfered to disc, and his voice was one of the biggest issues with the film so I'm inclined to say yes.

I saw the movie on demand and had no problem hearing Baine - which surprised me after the comments I had read. My guess is they must have tweaked it since my hearing is not the best.

I had a lot less problem hearing Bane on video than I did in the theater. But then again, I don't have some ridiculous sound system where things echo in the room. Just a normal 5.1 system. Probably also helped that I read the script when it showed up on the 'Net a couple of months ago.

I saw the film 3 times in the theater. The first time I could hear Bane perfect. Then I saw IMAX the second time and the sound mix was weird and I could not hear Bane at all. The 3rd time was regular again but the sound was again messed up.

On the Blu Ray the sound is very nice and I had no problems. It was just like the first time I saw it.

Ha! I think its more due to the fact that we can now turn on the subtitles and understand EXACTLY what is being said!!

Bought the DVD and watched it. Mind = blown. Glad I stayed away from the spoilers all this while. More twists and turns than you can shake a stick at, and everything is neatly tied, intertwining all three movies.

Ironically, Bane's voice turned out to be the clearest voice in the whole movie. His Sean Connery impression takes a little getting used to, though.

I got the special 2-disc version, and the BTS stuff was pretty cool, especially the one featuring the history of all the Batmobiles that were made since the beginning of the franchise.

Blu-ray is beautiful. Great PQ.

As far as Bane, I liked it "before" better than after the ADR:

Love the character, even if I think they should have still used Venom in some way to explain. Still a bit annoyed that Bruce didn't learn a damned thing and arguably shouldn't have won the second fight since he was still older/broken. Would have been better to have Bane beating him again and then Catwoman blasts him with the Bat-pod cannon.

Just watched the Bluray for the sake of the subtitles only to find Bane had been redubbed. Auralnauts FTW.

Now...is it still the same voice, or is it a different one? I can't tell for the life of me...

Question for all you that use UltraViolet. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET IT ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICES?! 0_o

You don't! Read the back of the package and you will discover that UltraViolet isn't Itunes compatible. I discovered that with “The Dark Knight Returns”. Thanks on-line buying where you cant read the back.

So if you travel a lot and loved buying the big pack (DVD, Bluray, Itunes) so you could have it on your ipod when your out of the country…. Guess what your SOL.

Uh he wasn't asking about iTunes and iPods and the such. He was asking about mobile devices which is still a relevent question. How does one get Ultraviolet movies on their mobile devices as that is the whole point of Ultraviolet to begin with.

You need the UltraViolet app on the device you intend to watch the movie on.

Ipod classic is not supported and there is no way to get the copy on an Ipod without Itunes.

UltraViolet is a bad knock-off that was poorly advertised or should say wasn't explained at all.

Many people were upset that Batman Year One had the Itune File and the Dark Knight Returns Part 1 was UltraViolet. They, including me, preordered based on the expectation that the files would have been similar. WB home videos response was Meh, you bought it. tough.

That's what I've been seeing so far.

I've contacted Flixsters 4 times, never a straight answer or even one remotely close to relation of what I've told them were my problems. I've noticed that some people depending on the movie would receive a digital copy CD or an iTunes redeem code. So I asked for one and Flixster pretty much told me T.S.

I emailed them back with my previous Ticket number to continue the conversation asking what should I do seeing how the Flixster app wont work on my devices correctly on sign in as it would crash, and what my problem was on trying to get my videos up and running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, the response "Please check your browser, try chrome or firefox." WTF? I never mentioned anything about a browser issue, I said it was an APP issue on my mobile devices and why the F would I wanna watch a movie on my PC when I have a 46 inch 3D TV right next to my PC with the blu ray disc? How Fing lame is that?

I DID however get the flixster app to finally work, and I must say it's the biggest load of garbage around, and I still have issues in getting it to work correctly. Couldn't count the number of times it crashed on me today during my lunch break. Not too mention how I'd restart to the beginning everytime I closed it.

Kind of scares me off from digital copies. But usually can't get the blu ray edition without the digital.

It sounds like you are having as much fun as I did. Hence my disdain for UltraViolet.

If you look at other video forums most people won't buy the Blu-ray sets now to send the message with their money, since their initial concerns weren't received, that UV is a bad idea.

The best thing that came out of my issue was Apple's response. They had nothing to do with the problem with UltraViolet, I had just asked if they were going to have a patch so that UltraViolet movies could be loaded via Itunes or somthing else. They were very helpful with ideas that didn't work but they gave me an Itunes code to get the movie from them. So, Apple kicks A.. UV sucks A..!

I didn't order the Dark Knight Returns Part 2 becasue of the UV fallout but I had to get this movie with all the extras. I just hope Mavel movie releases don't go the way of DC.

Watching the Batmobile doc again makes me think the Tumbler needed a few Burton-style fins/wings on it in addition to a black paint job.

My favorite is still the Batman Forever Batmobile, though (minus the blue neon, anyway).

Watching the Batmobile doc again makes me think the Tumbler needed a few Burton-style fins/wings on it in addition to a black paint job.

Not sure if that would work for the Nolan movies. Previous Batmobiles were designed to be sleek and fast. The Tumbler's more like a tank that rams its way through things, and the fins/wings might get snapped off in the process. Besides, bat wings and fins just don't blend well with the Tumbler's rough and brawny design, IMO.

Just my two cents' worth.

And yeah, I like the Batman Forever car, too. Love the design cues they took from Giger, with the engine detailing under a rib-like chassis. Agreed on the neon, too. It was kind of gaudy. That said, the engine had to be lit in order to show through.

I'm gonna have to go with the '89 Burton Batmobile. That's the only Batmobile I actually went out and bought a toy of, since I liked it so much...