The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Dicaprio is a far better actor than Ledger ever was, and it wouldn't be all that hard to write the riddler better than they did the joker.

If you are a big fan of 'Oscar bait' movies, maybe.

Edited by s001

So getting motivation from a cherished item of a fallen comrade is emo But walking around moping about how the world needs changing and doing nothing about it isn't. Please explain

Also Spiderman 3 was emo.

Yes, wanting to save the world after a comrade died, wait, after one of the other comrades had to smear blood on that comrade's belongings, was emo, as who cares about the obvious threat of millions of innocents about to die.

And...

Bruce wasn't mopping. Everyone is so tied around that little miss-understood perspective.

He retired after Harvey Dent became that symbol to oppose corruption, which he wanted to create since Begins, and that Harvey symbol cleaned up the city without Batman. That was already Bruce's objective mid way through TDK. Unfortunately his plan back fired badly. He's appearance brought fourth the Joker who killed a lot of cops in dismantling his and Harvey's plans, and lost the only thing that motivated him to remain as Bruce, which was Rachel.

And on top of that, the symbol that cleaned up Gotham (Harvey) was just a lie. As well, he's leg was injured from the fall at the end of TDK, he was shot... so yeah, it wasn't mopping, it was all good reason, and please, may the world forgive Bruce if he has some emotional conflict as his ambitions back fired at the cost of many lives.

At least when he saw the threat Bane presented, he got out of retirement, took the beating, and returned. Didn't need some stupid card with purposely smeared blood by a comrade to motivate him.

Edited by Omegablue

Omega pretty much hit it on the head as far as I'm concerned.

And personally, I felt like this movie had the most fleshed out version of Bruce Wayne we've seen. At least in the movies. I thought this was by far Bale's best outing as Bruce and I loved the movie all the more for it.

So Bruce

cooks up a plan, has it backfire, loses the woman he loves, and spends the next 8 years hiding in his room because the symbol he was working to create (the Batman) was being blamed for the death of the symbol that displaced it.

How is that not moping? On what planet is that less emo than a group of strangers being motivated to work together by the death of a common ally/friend/acquaintance?

Bruce didn't need a bloody card to motivate him to take up the mantle of the Batman because he was waiting for an excuse. He was emo because he quit in the first place. For that matter, the Avengers didn't need the bloody card to motivate them to oppose Loki/save the world, only to give them a common connection to start working together as a team.

Sorry, there's no way you're going to convince me that one small plot element, no matter how hokey you think it was, makes a movie more emo than two and a half hours of a dude feeling sorry for himself.

I don't care if I'll convince you or not, as you've already decided as per how you want to view it, but not as to how it's intended by the already explained obvious logic.

(2 and half hours feeling sorry for himself? What movie did you watch? :rolleyes: )

Avengers remains a action comedy. I'll gladly rewatch it for the laugh and for the special effects as credit is due there, but the entire cliche script was aimed as an anti-depressant for kids... and to the much older fanboys.

but not as to how it's intended by the already explained obvious logic

Obvious. Right. Whatever helps you sleep at night. <_<

For what it's worth, I'm not arguing that the Avengers is a better movie. What an individual likes, what he or she regards as "better" or "worse", is highly subjective. I just find your idea that the Avengers is emo to be a stretch of the imagination.

Obvious. Right. Whatever helps you sleep at night. <_<

Thanks, you're too kind. :rolleyes:

For what it's worth, I'm not arguing that the Avengers is a better movie. What an individual likes, what he or she regards as "better" or "worse", is highly subjective. I just find your idea that the Avengers is emo to be a stretch of the imagination.

Well your previous comparisons did come across like that?

Anyway, after Avengers came out I had my Twilight fanatic students waving Avenger flags. That's all I'm gonna add to this.

I'm done with this conversation.

I loved TDKR, and seeing someone of Nolan's proven reputation and all his previous work, I very much doubt he wrote an icon to be so weak considering the evidence of the Trilogy combine, and the actual events of the lat film, and also the still unseen footage of Batman mopping for the entire 2 and half hours.

Edited by Omegablue

Questions and Answer about the general missed out details of The Dark Knight Rises.

Fine that Bruce was hurt from the events of TDK, both emotional and physically, but why was he hiding for 8 years?

No he wasn't. Batman yes has been missing for 8 years, not Bruce. During the conversation between Tate and Fox, its revealed Bruce disappeared completely out of the spotlight for roughly the last 2 to 3 years, at the time when realizing the fusion energy project had the potential of being a nuclear bomb, something that cost all his wealth, and that of Tate's financial backing. It's indirectly indicated that he made its designer, Pavel disappear, but Bane founded him.

How did Blake connect Bruce to Batman?

Gut feeling, chance, related to his own experiences of wanting to vindicate the death of his own father, killed by the mob, and how he wanted to do it.

How did Bruce re-appear back in Gotham if the bridges were the only way in and out?

No, not true. There were tunnels also blocked with stacks of cars, and sealed from the explosions that imprisoned the police. Bruce though reveals to Selina that the South end tunnel is still accessible, however needs her with the Batpod to blast it open for the civilians at the end of the city to escape, of which Blake sends the orphans to pass the message. This tunnel is seen early on guarded by Bane's men. When Selina appears there it isn't guarded as Bane's men gathered against the police. Clearly indicating Bruce made his way through there, perhaps with crawling and climbing skills through the pile. Or more logically, maybe in the sewers or electrical passageways beneath the tunnels. Up to the imagination perhaps, but really didn't need 10 minutes to confirm the obvious.

It took Bruce 3 months to fix his broken back?

Firstly it's didn't take three months. Early on Fox says for the Fusion reactor to convert into a nuclear bomb, will take 5 months. Before Bruce's second climbing attempt, it was mentioned only three month had passed to that point.

Secondly Bruce's back wasn't broken. It had a vertebrate sticking out, miss aligned, obviously not a lot for permanent damage, but enough to cripple him in pain. Ask a doctor and he'll tell you depending on the severity, it can take barely a month to be fully up and going after the vertebrate is knocked in. Even if it was three months, it was more than enough time.

So stupid that Gotham sent all the cops down to the tunnels.

No the GCP did not do that. Firstly many managed to escape the tunnels before the explosion as seen when Blake's warning reached them.

Secondly when the special forces meet up with Gordon, he tells them he has about a 1000 cops with him, another 3000 trapped in the tunnels.

Why did Batman let Talia hold the knife in him?

He was stalling her to give Gordon enough time to disable the bomb.

How did Batman survive the nuclear explosion?

Either by the more indicated route, which was by setting up autopilot, and jumping into the ocean which would have protected him from the radiation blast. Or ejected from the The Bat still over land, and letting The Bat crash into the ocean which would have contained the 6 mile radius explosion.

Why was Bruce Wayne mopping for the entire two and half hours?

After watching the film 3 times, I can safely say this is a total lie, or an invention from poisonous pop-corn. At around minute twelve he's already tracking Selina. Thirty minutes in and he's already gearing up to fight Bane. Right in the prison he continuously shows he wants to escape to save Gotham. There is no mopping for two and half hours, actually no mopping at a

Edited by Omegablue

So Bruce

cooks up a plan, has it backfire, loses the woman he loves, and spends the next 8 years hiding in his room because the symbol he was working to create (the Batman) was being blamed for the death of the symbol that displaced it.

How is that not moping? On what planet is that less emo than a group of strangers being motivated to work together by the death of a common ally/friend/acquaintance?

It's not emo because he had a real reason to be depressed, people died because of his actions when his intent was to protect. Granted, Iron Man's wasn't emo either. He went out a did something, he didn't sit around crying and cutting himself.

Edited by Mommar

Boring movie. Great twist; liked Alfred, Catwoman and Rokie cop; and nice writing to tie the three movies together like it was all planed from the beginning… but after a second of thought you see it was not planned and it is forced. This is just a rehash of the plot of Begins. Only this time it comes off really stupid.

Soooooo, bad guys want to complete Ra's al Ghul’s plan… only thing is that back then Gotham was a cesspool of crime and you could say there was a point. The Gotham of today is no longer at "war" and they even joke about having to go after stupid crimes. Now they go on an overcomplicated plan to break “the spirit” of the city to blow it up anyways. Whatever dumbasses, you are killing yourselves in the process and I don’t see how that will get the League of Shadows agenda. You know, the “change the world” “take over the world” “rebuild the city to rebuilt the world” thing that was daddy Ra’s ultimate plan.

I mean, come on, the moral dilemmas of the second one were great and tied to the villains but here they are overdramatic, flat and sometimes just stupid. What the hell is that whole speech about letting the prisoners out and leaving the power to the citizens? I only see criminals killing rich people around and normal folks cowering in their houses. What is Bane showing the world then? It sure isn’t that citizens running things is chaos… because I clearly see that the people running things are criminals and mercenaries… criminals that have a convicted crazy person as a judge. He is showing that criminals with no control do criminally things? Soooo deep Bane.

And Batman rises TWO times making the movie padded and too long. Yeah, I get the symbolism and that he truly rises once… but I still get SHOWN the basic same thing two times: from broken to working Batman and repeat. This adds time to the movie since the first time he rises it is looked in dept as well as in the second rise. Showing the same again with just a tiny little philosophical difference in what already is a loooong movie can please as well as bore. I got bored. God bless the twist in the story.

Boring movie. Great twist; liked Alfred, Catwoman and Rokie cop; and nice writing to tie the three movies together like it was all planed from the beginning… but after a second of thought you see it was not planned and it is forced. This is just a rehash of the plot of Begins. Only this time it comes off really stupid.

Soooooo, bad guys want to complete Ra's al Ghul’s plan… only thing is that back then Gotham was a cesspool of crime and you could say there was a point. The Gotham of today is no longer at "war" and they even joke about having to go after stupid crimes. Now they go on an overcomplicated plan to break “the spirit” of the city to blow it up anyways. Whatever dumbasses, you are killing yourselves in the process and I don’t see how that will get the League of Shadows agenda. You know, the “change the world” “take over the world” “rebuild the city to rebuilt the world” thing that was daddy Ra’s ultimate plan.

I mean, come on, the moral dilemmas of the second one were great and tied to the villains but here they are overdramatic, flat and sometimes just stupid. What the hell is that whole speech about letting the prisoners out and leaving the power to the citizens? I only see criminals killing rich people around and normal folks cowering in their houses. What is Bane showing the world then? It sure isn’t that citizens running things is chaos… because I clearly see that the people running things are criminals and mercenaries… criminals that have a convicted crazy person as a judge. He is showing that criminals with no control do criminally things? Soooo deep Bane.

And Batman rises TWO times making the movie padded and too long. Yeah, I get the symbolism and that he truly rises once… but I still get SHOWN the basic same thing two times: from broken to working Batman and repeat. This adds time to the movie since the first time he rises it is looked in dept as well as in the second rise. Showing the same again with just a tiny little philosophical difference in what already is a loooong movie can please as well as bore. I got bored. God bless the twist in the story.

No, talia wants bruce to suffer and die, blowing up gotham is just the way she's going to go about doing that. They're not interested in the larger goal of the league, they're not in the league. Talia is crazy with rage and the need for revenge. All the league ideology mumbo jumbo is just to keep her little army in line.

No, talia wants bruce to suffer and die, blowing up gotham is just the way she's going to go about doing that. They're not interested in the larger goal of the league, they're not in the league. Talia is crazy with rage and the need for revenge. All the league ideology mumbo jumbo is just to keep her little army in line.

Exactly, this is why I find it so boring.

It is just an empty revenge plot. It ends up being a reverse Die Hard 1 and 3 in a way. There the bad guys have a stupid front plan (liberate "fellow terrorists" and "revenge") to hide their true plan. Their theatrics have a reason: hide and misdirect the good guys and the viewer. Here we get that Bane is league of shadows 2.0 from the beginning set to take revenge. Only thing hidden here is the one pulling the strings. The really stupid bad guy speeches, with their little traces of current social events weaved in just because, are directed to the crazy mercenary followers. I don’t care for their thugs, they are just mindless terrorists and I know they are just used. The movie shows it all the time.

The Joker wanted to prove a point, Twoface had a point. Here I loose interest since from the beginning I'm being told (and shown) it is a mindless suicide revenge. I think "ok, but I'm getting a character deconstruction and a moral dilemmaa…aand padding, padding... good god the speeches!... this sounds so melodramatic comic book black and white crap I don't expect on gritty Nolan Batman, specially after the second one".

Again, I like the Talia twist but that is just a one trick pony. We already know she is "bad guy" or at least fishy from the afterf*cking scar touching. That she is "the boy" and Bane the protector surprise /misunderstanding is build up a lot... but after a viewing it just looses a lot of punch… and you’ve used HALF the movie to set up the punch (and here half a movie is a full movie worth of time).

On the “is Bruce emo” thing… I don’t know. The term is like a cheap insult nowadays; I’ll just say this: His whole confrontation with Bane COULD be seen as a "who is more tragic *snif sniff*" dick measuring …

- Crappy infancy in the dark inside a pit of despair wins over parents getting killed but being rich.

- Being afraid of dying and not save city wins over having scarred face but being saved from the pit by the actual kid that got away.

Fortunately I did attend a double superhero movie showing. After the boring taste of Batman I was pleasantly surprised by Amazing Spider-man.

Joker was pyschological revenge.

Two-Face was gambled revenge.

Don't get me started on the Amazing Spiderman as that too all comes down to revenge, like any other heroes and villains cause...

- Crappy infancy in the dark inside a pit of despair wins over parents getting killed but being rich.

- Being afraid of dying and not save city wins over having scarred face but being saved from the pit by the actual kid that got away.

Either I'm reading this wrong, or you got your wording mixed up, as this is making no sense... :blink:

Exactly, this is why I find it so boring.

It is just an empty revenge plot. It ends up being a reverse Die Hard 1 and 3 in a way. There the bad guys have a stupid front plan (liberate "fellow terrorists" and "revenge") to hide their true plan. Their theatrics have a reason: hide and misdirect the good guys and the viewer. Here we get that Bane is league of shadows 2.0 from the beginning set to take revenge. Only thing hidden here is the one pulling the strings. The really stupid bad guy speeches, with their little traces of current social events weaved in just because, are directed to the crazy mercenary followers. I don’t care for their thugs, they are just mindless terrorists and I know they are just used. The movie shows it all the time.

The Joker wanted to prove a point, Twoface had a point. Here I loose interest since from the beginning I'm being told (and shown) it is a mindless suicide revenge. I think "ok, but I'm getting a character deconstruction and a moral dilemmaa…aand padding, padding... good god the speeches!... this sounds so melodramatic comic book black and white crap I don't expect on gritty Nolan Batman, specially after the second one".

Again, I like the Talia twist but that is just a one trick pony. We already know she is "bad guy" or at least fishy from the afterf*cking scar touching. That she is "the boy" and Bane the protector surprise /misunderstanding is build up a lot... but after a viewing it just looses a lot of punch… and you’ve used HALF the movie to set up the punch (and here half a movie is a full movie worth of time).

On the “is Bruce emo” thing… I don’t know. The term is like a cheap insult nowadays; I’ll just say this: His whole confrontation with Bane COULD be seen as a "who is more tragic *snif sniff*" dick measuring …

Fortunately I did attend a double superhero movie showing. After the boring taste of Batman I was pleasantly surprised by Amazing Spider-man.

I don't know. I thought that the two villains made for another interesting look into bruce/batman

Talia is bruce but without compassion or mercy. She let her rage consume her and bane is batman if batman didn't serve a higher ideal. A big part of the movie and the whole trilogy, was bruce/batman's relationship with his "true" and "false" father figures. From Bruce's actual father to Alfred and Fox. So, I thought it was great to see someone who was very much like Bruce but who was completely corrupted by the "false" fathers.

Honestly, the idea of the suicide plot didn't really bother me. It doesn't take a lot of searching to see real world examples of people who are so consumed by their hatred that they would kill themselves to accomplish their goals. And they did have a plan. They had the same plan as in all the movies, that corruption and evil must be rooted out at all costs. Yes... Talia's ultimate goal is revenge but that's a mirror for Bruce Wayne... but the idea that bruce, gordon and blake wrestle with, the idea that the league rejects is whether it is enough just to do good or must the process be also ideologically pure. This is something I hear from religious people all the time... "yes, there are good people in the world but ultimately those people are still bad because they're not good in the same way we're good."

anyways, sorry you didn't like it, I thought it was fantastic but I am glad you liked the spider-man reboot! I really liked it as well

I thought this movie wasn't in 3D.

Don't get me started on the Amazing Spiderman as that too all comes down to revenge, like any other heroes and villains cause...

Actually, that is one of the best parts about Amazing Sider-man. The whole “with great power comes great responsibility” isn’t just an origin catch phrase, it runs along the background of the story. Captain Stacy tells it straight to Parker's cocky face in the dinner table: that the vigilante isn’t a hero, he is a just a nut going out for revenge. Then the bridge thing happens and Peter actually does something worthy of being a hero and accepts his responsibility in partially creating the Lizard. Nice way to show the hero evolve over just revenge and follow the philosophy of his uncle. Bravo movie.

anyways, sorry you didn't like it, I thought it was fantastic but I am glad you liked the spider-man reboot! I really liked it as well

Boring bits aside I do admit that the movie has some great moments and if “bad movies” only went this low, it would be a perfect world. Nolan just did a very difficult to top masterpiece last time.

And I might say I actually loved the Spidey reboot, plot holes and all :D . Certainly blows the Raimi version in my book. Action is beyond fantastic; that Mr. Garfiled fits very well both in body and character; and the females here (Aunt May and Gwen) are a complete 180º turn; from stupid kidnapped fodder to smart and useful. Really fun movie.

Back to bats; it is a pity that

Nightwing

very probably won’t follow; the set up is fantastic and feels like a free gift from Nolan to WB. For the reboot I hope they go the Arkham gritty but comicbook-ish videogame route or a smaller scale story.

Questions and Answer about the general missed out details of The Dark Knight Rises.

Fine that Bruce was hurt from the events of TDK, both emotional and physically, but why was he hiding for 8 years?

No he wasn't. Batman yes has been missing for 8 years, not Bruce. During the conversation between Tate and Fox, its revealed Bruce disappeared completely out of the spotlight for roughly the last 2 to 3 years, at the time when realizing the fusion energy project had the potential of being a nuclear bomb, something that cost all his wealth, and that of Tate's financial backing. It's indirectly indicated that he made its designer, Pavel disappear, but Bane founded him.

How did Blake connect Bruce to Batman?

Gut feeling, chance, related to his own experiences of wanting to vindicate the death of his own father, killed by the mob, and how he wanted to do it.

How did Bruce re-appear back in Gotham if the bridges were the only way in and out?

No, not true. There were tunnels also blocked with stacks of cars, and sealed from the explosions that imprisoned the police. Bruce though reveals to Selina that the South end tunnel is still accessible, however needs her with the Batpod to blast it open for the civilians at the end of the city to escape, of which Blake sends the orphans to pass the message. This tunnel is seen early on guarded by Bane's men. When Selina appears there it isn't guarded as Bane's men gathered against the police. Clearly indicating Bruce made his way through there, perhaps with crawling and climbing skills through the pile. Or more logically, maybe in the sewers or electrical passageways beneath the tunnels. Up to the imagination perhaps, but really didn't need 10 minutes to confirm the obvious.

It took Bruce 3 months to fix his broken back?

Firstly it's didn't take three months. Early on Fox says for the Fusion reactor to convert into a nuclear bomb, will take 5 months. Before Bruce's second climbing attempt, it was mentioned only three month had passed to that point.

Secondly Bruce's back wasn't broken. It had a vertebrate sticking out, miss aligned, obviously not a lot for permanent damage, but enough to cripple him in pain. Ask a doctor and he'll tell you depending on the severity, it can take barely a month to be fully up and going after the vertebrate is knocked in. Even if it was three months, it was more than enough time.

So stupid that Gotham sent all the cops down to the tunnels.

No the GCP did not do that. Firstly many managed to escape the tunnels before the explosion as seen when Blake's warning reached them.

Secondly when the special forces meet up with Gordon, he tells them he has about a 1000 cops with him, another 3000 trapped in the tunnels.

Why did Batman let Talia hold the knife in him?

He was stalling her to give Gordon enough time to disable the bomb.

How did Batman survive the nuclear explosion?

Either by the more indicated route, which was by setting up autopilot, and jumping into the ocean which would have protected him from the radiation blast. Or ejected from the The Bat still over land, and letting The Bat crash into the ocean which would have contained the 6 mile radius explosion.

Why was Bruce Wayne mopping for the entire two and half hours?

After watching the film 3 times, I can safely say this is a total lie, or an invention from poisonous pop-corn. At around minute twelve he's already tracking Selina. Thirty minutes in and he's already gearing up to fight Bane. Right in the prison he continuously shows he wants to escape to save Gotham. There is no mopping for two and half hours, actually no mopping at a

Thanks for that, it was a really great post. I don't know why the knives are so out for this film. I certainly didn't see the dramatic drop in quality that some people are claiming is there. It is different to the other two Bats films but they are all different in tone from each other and there is nothing wrong with that.

It was a great note to go out on, and it would be insane for the studio to try to continue this continuity of Batman films. Time to leave it for a while and then do another reboot if they must. (and I'm sure that they will, its too big a potential cash cow.)

I think that the Colorado tragedy and surrounding publicity has damaged the profitability of this film, that was unavoidable, because it truly was a terrible tragedy that will always be connected to the film.

Nolan won't be back for another. In fact, I predict that he might want to get away from SF and fantasy for his next effort. He has done well with this, succeeding where many other directors have failed in the past.

Nolan won't be back for another. In fact, I predict that he might want to get away from SF and fantasy for his next effort. He has done well with this, succeeding where many other directors have failed in the past.

But he's on board for Man of Steel. The teaser was shown blantently pointing this out in the theater I saw DKR.

But he's on board for Man of Steel. The teaser was shown blantently pointing this out in the theater I saw DKR.

As producer and story writer (w/David Goyer) to sell the idea. His involvement though is not as big as it was for the Dark Knight trilogy.

Christopher Nolan Says 'Man Of Steel' Is Zack Snyder's Movie, Plus More Pics & New TV Spot From 'The Dark Knight Rises'

how come..

no one in the prison hole thought of cobbling together a makeshift grappling hook together with the rope they use as a safety harness? one prisoner there uses them all the time, albeit a high tech one

because

the opening is protected by the same plot armor that keeps the hundreds of people involved in making the tumbler from recognizing it on television just because it's painted black... oh and it's a metaphor, one simply does not grapple their way out of a metaphor.

I don't consider that to be his "next" film. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his involvement in that project is essentially over by now anyway.

My thoughts:

The 8 year gap seems like too much. Should have just been 2 or 3 I think. I think 1 would have suited it even better. WTF is Richard still the mayor and not back on the Island? 8 years sees a lot of turnover, even in NYC. Should be different mayor or shorten the gap.

I liked how they hinted to the physical toll being Batman was taking on him, but like so many plot details it got ignored later on. With a gimped leg, his climb out of the pit (metaphorical or not) should have been much harder. I did like the turnabout on the lack of fear being what was keeping him in and liked that he had to fall a couple times instead of just once. Once he's out, go get another exoskeleton brace maybe... but did the rope fix his leg, too?

I loved Bane's character and how thoroughly he beat Batman in the first fight, which makes the follow up fight so much more... lacking. I was disappointed in how he actually beat Bane... he didn't really show that he learned much from the first fight, with pretty much the same fighting style and that going after the mask seemed a bit... contrived (and too late and too convenient for Bane to just let him keep doing it instead of going into another back breaker). The way it played out, Bruce should have been getting his ass kicked again and Selina should have bailed him out much like she does in the final fight. Talia's knife wound seemed to be forgotten, too.

Cops in the sewers was dumb. Whole situation is kinda dumb. Call Gotham NYC and they should have something upwards of 35,000 cops. They would never ALL go into the sewers. Then they just bum rush in like Cobra attacking GI Joe? Not even an attempt at smart movement, much less tactical movement. I guess that's more of a nitpick since yeah say a big chunk are in still leaves not enough to cover the rest of the city but that's a different portrayal in theme than what we got, which was poorly executed and wildly improbable. But then after 4-5 months, they come out with pristine uniforms and clean shaves? For the final fight, the Braveheart Rush seemed wildly implausible, as well. They should have lost a bunch more people charging massed automatic weapons doing it World War I style.

Movie itself I'd put as weakest of the three. I still enjoyed it, especially the first half (up through Bruce getting Clubber Langed. Alfred should have probably went out like Mick, though). Bane showing up at the mansion would have more sense than the trap Selina baited him in, I think, especially since he knew who he was. I don't mind the overall plot, it was just spread out too long much like the gap between movies. My suspension of disbelief would have been much improved with 1-2 year gap in movies and maybe a 2-3 month plot length max for the movie itself (though prefer it being even quicker maybe compressing months to weeks). I avoided all spoilers but the Talia revelation wasn't at all surprising to me and not sure how necessary it was.

In retrospect on the series, I'm as disappointed in this set as much as the previous in that they kept KILLING the villains. Part of the whole point of Batman to me is his struggle to kill the villains and that his self control in preventing always has them getting out of Arkham again to cause more trouble. They show it a bit, mostly how he didn't run down Joker in the Bat-pod and letting Qui-Gon go down with the train instead of killing him himself. The limit to 3 movies itself seems... arbitrary. Nice set up for Robin which will probably be wasted. At least it's not Jeremy Renner, at least. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

My thoughts:

The 8 year gap seems like too much. Should have just been 2 or 3 I think. I think 1 would have suited it even better. WTF is Richard still the mayor and not back on the Island? 8 years sees a lot of turnover, even in NYC. Should be different mayor or shorten the gap. .....

IIRC,

The mayor was newly elected in The Dark Knight. There was a whole viral marketing stuff for that movie and the mayor's seat and the DA's seat were part of that year's elections. So the mayor would have been on his way out of office.

Well it stretches it. I did miss the viral marketing stuff but I didn't get the hint he was just in from viewings of Dark Knight. Possible, though. I just don't see the "need" for the 8 year gap that couldn't be filled by a gap even 1/4 of that, for example. Seems utterly arbitrary to me. Good point though on him getting the political credit, especially with Batman discredited.

Saw it again today and my nitpicks were far more at bay. Think I rank this second of the trilogy now. Probably won't see it again, though, until the Blu-ray comes out.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again in the theatre. Now if I could just find the time to...

Ditto. The movie was very entertaining throughout. Definately worth a second showing. I also still need to see Spiderman.

Ditto. The movie was very entertaining throughout. Definately worth a second showing. I also still need to see Spiderman.

I've seen it twice- one matinee, one IMAX. Im thinking of going for a third. How many times have all the rest of you seen it?