Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

2cfzioh.jpg

I love how for all the big talk of learning from their mistakes and rectifying problems with the DX-25, they're still using the same undersized blob with a barber smock for a pilot. :rolleyes:

It may have better perportions and articulation than the DX-25 but I guarantee you this is going to be just as much of a paint shedding, floppy mess as the other DX's.

Just ordered mine from AMIAMI. For some reason I actually thought it was going to be more expensive, but I guess AMIAMI's "special" price helps.

Now the wait......at least I will get this Valk before the new Frontier movie.

I think a redone VF-25 with improvements from the 27 and 29 is inevitable. This is just me thinking aloud, but I think it was already being worked on, but Big West/Kawamori came in telling Bandai that a new VF(YF-29) would be introduced in movie 2 and would play a substantial role. Which may have resulted in the redone VF-25 pushed back after movie 2 and the release of the YF-29. This gives Tamashii ample reason to release redone VF-25's of the core cast for Macross 30th next year, or start later this year.

I really want a VF-25F toy and if Tamashii truly does make a DX with the improvements carried over from the 29, I'll most likely buy it. I don't see why the Armor packs wouldn't be compatible but ideally I hope we'd get newer ones which reduce strain on the body.

I think also it hurts business and reputation to release version 2 too early. We just have VF-25G(T) last month, and I suppose the version 2 has to wait for at least one year (or more) to be appropriate to inform people "that design is now outdated".

Come to think of it, the first DX VF-25 was released more than 2 years ago.

i wanna know if they've improved the crotch attachment thingy or is this one of the parts that this thing inherited from the DX 25/27... yeah, i think Bandai might wait until they've gotten rid of all the Tornado VF-25Gs or if they've made a profit out of it already before they start considering releasing a v.2 DX 25.

2cfzioh.jpg

I love how for all the big talk of learning from their mistakes and rectifying problems with the DX-25, they're still using the same undersized blob with a barber smock for a pilot. :rolleyes:

Seriously. They showed they were capable of making a proper sized pilot with the VF-27, then they cheap out and recycle the DX VF-25 cockpit and pilot. It's not like there's lack of space or else the VF-27 would have the same problem.

On the official advertisement, Bandai listed the following 'improvements' over VF-25 and VF-27.

- Twin seater

- Gunpod can be attached in fighter mode with the landing gears deployed

- Proper figure A (figure 8 in Japanese/Chinese) in gerwalk mode

- Something about canopy improvement in battroid mode

- better articulation, general 'brush up'

- display stand for all three modes

Other features:

Wings are retractable for high-speed cruise.

As mentioned before in the magazine, YF-29 has the cannons from the Tornado pack are integrated into the air frame.

Apparently the Tornado cannons are considered as effective anti-varja weaponary

Initial production comes with some freebie illustrated by Risa.

Seriously. They showed they were capable of making a proper sized pilot with the VF-27, then they cheap out and recycle the DX VF-25 cockpit and pilot. It's not like there's lack of space or else the VF-27 would have the same problem.

That's actually a 2-seater cockpit on the YF-29.

i wanna know if they've improved the crotch attachment thingy or is this one of the parts that this thing inherited from the DX 25/27... yeah, i think Bandai might wait until they've gotten rid of all the Tornado VF-25Gs or if they've made a profit out of it already before they start considering releasing a v.2 DX 25.

Bandai said they improved pretty much on everything. And no mention of the crotch.

On the official advertisement, Bandai listed the following 'improvements' over VF-25 and VF-27.

- Twin seater

- Gunpod can be attached in fighter mode with the landing gears deployed

- Proper figure A (figure 8 in Japanese/Chinese) in gerwalk mode

- Something about canopy improvement in battroid mode

- better articulation, general 'brush up'

- display stand for all three modes

Other features:

Wings are retractable for high-speed cruise.

As mentioned before in the magazine, YF-29 has the cannons from the Tornado pack are integrated into the air frame.

Apparently the Tornado cannons are considered as effective anti-varja weaponary

Initial production comes with some freebie illustrated by Risa.

That's actually a 2-seater cockpit on the YF-29.

Ugh, that's even worse. They had the opportunity to make a decent pilot but stuck with the 1/72 scale blob pilot even after making a new cockpit.

Regarding Bandai's bullet point list of improvements, I don't see how the fact that it's a "twin seater" is considered an improvement. That's just the design of the VF to begin with (or at least can be converted back and forth between 1 or two seats as demonstrated in the show for the VF-25 and YF-19 in M+). It would be like listing that the VF-27 has a bigger gun as an improvement over the VF-25 toy.

Perhaps the bullet point item on the canopy in battroid is something about it being less exposed compared to the VF-25?

Here's another angle of the Fast Packs in action.

It doesn't look like it consists of too many parts. Let's hope Bandai will include em.

post-31-129905273016_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look like it consists of too many parts. Let's hope Bandai will include em.

hmm, its fastpacks dun seem significant, imho.

just looks like the intake covers for space usage and fuelpacks.

So the legs can now swivle in b and g modes, but are they supposed to hang low in fighter mode? It looks like the are angled down behind the intake like the VF-1's with fast-packs. Or is this just the case of Bandai using the old legs with more articulation added? Must admit I'm tempted by this one so far but not sold yet. Want to see some good profile shots of fighter mode.

Chris

I don't know. Smells like it will be a stupid web exclusive to me.

Eh, the biggest problem I have with this is the same one I have with all the VF-24 descendants: the battroid wings. The naked VF-25 looks OK, but the others all look too low-slung in battroid mode. Like they have less of a backpack and more of a fanny-pack. It works alright on the VF-27, b/c the wings fold up, and the 3 toe foot looks like it's designed to compensate for the extra weight. The 25's armor pack practically drags the floor. I was hoping the YF-29's wings would fold up like the 27.

Further more, I can't tell: Is the cockpit completely exposed when you put the guns up?

Edited by Kelsain

Damn! Look at that proportion!! Look at the leg placement! Look at that neck!

Looks like they did it right this time!!!!!

Look at the cockpit canopy that's completely exposed in Battroid mode!!! :lol:

Also look at the crappy stand they're still using from the DX-25. :rolleyes:

The YF-29 looks like it was developed inversely to the VF-9.

The fighter had to fit the battroid, whereas in the VF-9, the battroid had to fit the fighter...:p

Interviews, sure to contain spoilers if you can read

http://ga.sbcr.jp/manime/016753/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/manime/016754/

01.jpg

Wing is clearly retracted in the last image. We can also see shoulder armor opens for some weapons.

Proud Papa pic...:p