Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Dam wasn't gonna buy another toy until I get a job. Hey guys where can I get this thing? My girlfriend's gonna kill me.

AmiAmi for 12,320 yen.

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/shop?vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1404&template=e_review.html&set=english

HLJ for 14,450 yen.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN968698

Edited by UN Spacy

Anyone have any idea of what kind of plastic was used on this thing? I really like the quality and gloss of the 27, but hated the plastic on the 25. Made it feel cheap.

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that if you hate the VF-25 DX toy, and you have always thought it was never even "okay", and you think the VF-27 toy still isn't that good, you should steer very clear of this DX-29 toy. You're not going to like it.

what would you say for people who hated the 25, but loved the 27 like me?

Edited by pud333

Anyone have any idea of what kind of plastic was used on this thing? I really like the quality and gloss of the 27, but hated the plastic on the 25. Made it feel cheap.

what would you say for people who hated the 25, but loved the 27 like me?

Since Bandai is saying this represents an improvement on the VF-27 I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

Since Bandai is saying this represents an improvement on the VF-27 I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

Yeah, I think the changes are worth it. Preordered.

so who flies this baby, Alto or Isam.... wait i don't want to know, that's it, last time i look in this thread! That goes for you too Movies and TV Series forum jump!

I hate it when i accidently ask for something i don't want to know LOL!

I still think i will want the fire valk first, but this is soooo damnnn NICE. Plus i don't think we will get a v.2 29, but am glad i waited for a v.2 25. Still got hope for Yamato........ years later!

I've got my bandai VB-6 already, maybe this will be my only 1/60 DX line valk.... itchy trigger finger.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

that actually looks quite cool. any other variant color schemes coming out? i forget are amiami or hlj prepay preorde

No, but While AmiAmi has the best prices and usually fast shipping/processing times, they really REALLY frown on canceling preorders. So only pre-order if you a sure you are going to get it.

Chris

Ok, I really really like what I see, only problem is that I already have to many pink valks. Wish I had the green VF-27 because the YF-29´s pinkish scheme looks a lot better that the Brera.

Ok, I really really like what I see, only problem is that I already have to many pink valks. Wish I had the green VF-27 because the YF-29´s pinkish scheme looks a lot better that the Brera.

I'm thinking you may not be a native English speaker as none of the valks you've referenced would be called "pink." The YF-29 looks to be red to dark red.

I'm thinking you may not be a native English speaker as none of the valks you've referenced would be called "pink." The YF-29 looks to be red to dark red.

You –and we all- know what he meant; I think the idea was pretty clear.

Brera looks dark pink to me as do the non white parts of this new Alto valk (really, that's how they look to me in most pics). I have two Nora SV-51's (which I also label as pink), one Brera and this upcoming one. Call it whatever you like it but personally I wouldn’t call any of these “red”.

All three designs share certain aesthetic aspects so It kinda look repetitive to me. That is why I say I wish I had gotten the green VF-27: to break up all the similar schemes on a similar design. Same thing happens with all the Max and Mospeada stuff I have: I see to much blue in my display and I fell like I have to move them around so as to not have an all blue section.

Don't know why I need to explain so much or what is the problem of calling a valk pink :rolleyes: . I love pink and enjoy my pink valks, I just don't want my display to be dominated by huge valks with pretty similar schemes.

Maybe David can tell exactly tell us what colors these tree valks are.

Yes, I'm not a native English speaker but have known the language and culture since age eight. So, is this one of those Alto-hime things?? Is the color “pink” a pejorative now? Or is this an obscure MW thing were if you say “pink valk” you are calling it gay???

Really, there was no use of euphemisms in my post. I could care less if Alto wore a dress and lipstick or if he was supermachoman. I care for toy looks and how it goes with my display.

I meant no disrespect with the question... I was just a bit surprised by labeling that color "pink." My wife loves the color pink (fortunately she exhibits this in tame ways) and so the word "pink" never entered my mind when I saw these... I think she would scrunch her nose at these colors as being much too dark for her. Anyway, this has obviously been an irreverent and irrelevant tangent.

Wut?

You might have a case for the Vf-27 being pink-ish, but the YF-29? Red dude. Red. Red and white and awesome all over.

Edited by pud333

No, it really isn't red, more of a burgundy. happy.gif Well, actually, that most recent one DOES look very deep red. Most of the previous pictures have had a hint of blue to them, giving it a slight purplish hue.

Really, it's not pink at all, but it might be purple. Whereas pink really is lightish red, adding any blue to it gives you maroon and burgundy shades that this resembles, like a dark red wine.

Edited by Chronocidal

What is this "Burgundy" you speak of? I only work in the basics. Red. Purple. If I get adventurous, I'll go Redish-purple. Redurple. Purpred. Or rouge if I feel very fancy pants-like. Bottom line: not pink.