Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

That battroid looks sharp...finally proper hip placement and angled crotch to really emphasize the lankiness of the battroid. I like the color scheme and the new leg armor. However, Kawamori's insistence on one-upping the previous models really manifests in this design, i.e the additional engine pods, the lights on the chest plate, and the back guns all seem superflous and unnecessary, and detract from its appeal. It's a very busy design. I'm hoping that Bandai will give us v2 of the VF-25 employing the design changes seen here.

Anybody spotted the exact release day in June on any website yet???

I'm guessing it will be around 25th, as that is when Bandai usually releases.

But would appreciate exact date if anybody has seen it.

Graham

Anybody spotted the exact release day in June on any website yet???

I'm guessing it will be around 25th, as that is when Bandai usually releases.

But would appreciate exact date if anybody has seen it.

Graham

According to a reliable source on TD (they have been correct and precise for months), you would see it in the shop on June 24 in Hong Kong.

lol @ guardian mode references

Back on topic, if the yf-29 still functions 2 months down the road, I may consider picking one up. But for now, VF-19 variants it is for me.

Edited by Archer

I grew up on Robotech. I kind of miss saying Guardian mode ^_^

Um this is MacrossWorld, while you may miss those words (as secretly some of us do) you never speak of them here. Lol or you shall burn a vicious death in a fire ignited by the flames of burning Toymani craptastic toys....(Except the Beta).

Here's the latest scans from the new July 2011 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Grahm

The GERWALK mode look almost as good as a Yamato Valk's...or was it done by "cheating" [unlocking the hips] like the early Bandai VF-25's?

How do you pronounce Battroid? Batt Roid? or Bat Troid? Is it an acronym for something like GERWALK?

Battloid! :p I kid, I kid! Seriously though, I've seen people use the Robotech terms ALOT and never saw anyone say anything about it before?? Glad we are saying enough is enough!:p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

DID YOU JUST "YUCK" THE WORD GERWALK!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Where's my freaking sniper rifle. You shouldn't even be allowed to watch the rest of the stuff, you should be banned to Robotech crap for all eternity, ETERNITY!!!!

This is a guardian

PS%20Jack%20MPC%20small%2028.jpg

This is a GERWALK

cannonfodder03.JPG

LOL

Edited by kanedaestes

Here are some new pics of the wing retraction gimmick and of the turret.

Cool, first time to show the turret in use in fighter mode. Really shows how the features of the Tornado Pack were integrated into the YF-29.

Graham

If (when?) it comes out in 1/72 I'll probably buy it. It does have a certain sleek quality to it and some nice details and design changes. I'd love to bash it with another of the fighters, the 25 or the 27!

Oh, and 'spanking' warning received. I am in shame...

Edited by Thom