Cowboys and Aliens

UN Spacy

...looks good. I'm excited, especially considering the talent lineup in front of and behind the camera.

Yeah same, though then again i'd go see this film just for it's name. Genius is what i say. :p

Oh so it's based on a comic? Might have to check that out.

the comic was ok, nothing spectacular, but this looks like it can be better

Didn't know this was based on a comic...I'm torn about hunting this down because I don't want to pick up preconceived notions of how the movie should be based on how the comic was written.

Also, for some of these recent obscure comic adaptations have turned out pretty good. I say obscure because to the best of my knowledge Cowboys and Aliens isn't a household name like Spider-Man, Batman or Superman. I'm looking at you Kick-Ass and Scott Pilgrim as examples.

-b.

Yes, looks very interesting.

But could any company come up with this horrible title name, sounds like some schoolboys' project.

Good point. Its easy to see whats happened. Essentially, the "working title" for the film has ended up as the title for the finished product. Rarely does laziness such as this work well. Like "That 70's Show", I can just picture some exec saying "That'll do for a name"

Taksraven

• 8 months later...

Didn't anybody go to see it? Well I did. fun movie. I don't know much about the comic, but I enjoyed what I saw. Almost worth the price alone to see Harrison Ford slyly put back into Han Solo-esque clothes.

I must admit, I'm a bit intruiged by this one. "James Bond and Indiana Jones strap on their 6-shooters, and kick some alien a$$!" :p

I remember seeing a Muse video for Knights of Cydonia, and it had a whole silly-scifi vibe going to it, with kung-fu fighting cowboys packing laser pistols. I remember thinking: "I'm surprised Hollywood doesn't try to violate the western genre with something like this; that would actually be pretty cool and different." Lo and behold, a few years later, The Warrior's Way slashes its way into theaters ["Ninjas. Damn!"], and now this. Who'd a thunk it?

It's not oscar worthy or anything, but it definitely was a fun movie to watch. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much. Solid story, good action, and two very cool actors. Not to mention Olivia Wilde is hot. This one is worth a view at the theater, and probably a purchase on blu-ray.

As a sidenote, the aliens are pretty badass in this. They aren't sissified, that's for certain.

It's not oscar worthy or anything, but it definitely was a fun movie to watch. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much. Solid story, good action, and two very cool actors. Not to mention Olivia Wilde is hot. This one is worth a view at the theater, and probably a purchase on blu-ray.

As a sidenote, the aliens are pretty badass in this. They aren't sissified, that's for certain.

agree on all points. It's not a brilliant movie, but it was incredibly fun. The acting and special effects totally sold it and I had a great time watching it.

I really want a video game based on this now though. A Cowboys and Aliens themed DLC for Red Dead Redemption would be the greatest thing ever.

I remember seeing a Muse video for Knights of Cydonia, and it had a whole silly-scifi vibe going to it, with kung-fu fighting cowboys packing laser pistols. I remember thinking: "I'm surprised Hollywood doesn't try to violate the western genre with something like this; that would actually be pretty cool and different." Lo and behold, a few years later, The Warrior's Way slashes its way into theaters ["Ninjas. Damn!"], and now this. Who'd a thunk it?

That's like the craziest video I have ever seen, lol.

You and I must fight for our rights,

You and I must fight to survive,

Good stuff, probably the most creative video I've seen in a long time...

Edited by myk

I really enjoyed it.

I like the fact that they built up to the story and you got to learn a bit about the characters as opposed to most summer movies that just blow crap up and have zero characterization.

I really enjoyed it.

I like the fact that they built up to the story and you got to learn a bit about the characters as opposed to most summer movies that just blow poo up and have zero characterization.

Agreed and agreed (even though I enjoy the blow poo up variety of summer movies too).

One point that did kind of bug me was that I hoped that

Daniel Craig's character, Jake, was actually an alien of the same race as Olivia Wilde's character. That would have explained his near Jedi like reflexes and how he was able to beat the crap out of just about everyone he encountered.

But all in all it was a fun ride and definitely something that will be added to the Blu-ray collection.

-b.