The way they saved Glen reminded me of the movie Top Secret. I think it was "Chocolat Mousse" that started shooting a machine gun into a brawl and only the nazis fell. Lol.

I love Top Secret. Those weekend soccer matches were murder, lol.

I missed out on the last half of the 5th season (not by choice; just some technical issues with the local cable company). Strangely, I don't seem to have missed all that much. It's almost like Hershel's farm all over again.

I was expecting the Morgan/Wolf Guy thing to develop for another few more episodes, but either way, it turns out Morgan was right. He did change for the better.

I knew Sam was eventually going to get himself and some others killed.

Not sure about the Wolf part; it was sloppy to me so I didn't understand what they were trying to do with him. Oh and yeah, I love how the Walking Dead will NOT play back on my DVR; damn the cable companies...

Not sure about the Wolf part; it was sloppy to me so I didn't understand what they were trying to do with him. Oh and yeah, I love how the Walking Dead will NOT play back on my DVR; damn the cable companies...

Top Secret - great stuff!

Agreed about the Wolf bit being sloppy, and it was not the only sloppy thing about this episode. It was at least MUCH better then the last one - but that is damning with faint praise.

First off, an RPG (even shot into the gas tank of a motorcycle) does NOT cause that kind of explosion. PLUS - our heroes only got into that situation due to sloppy writing to begin with.

SAM - why did they even try to walk out with that kid? They could have gotten a truck, drove back in to form a barricade, and gotten them out that way. NO need to risk the whole crew in the house during the walk.

Glenn - TWO sloppy writing deus-ex machina escapes in one season? Please.

FIRE! If zombies are so easy to distract (with tasty brains right there in front of them) how did civilization ever fall?

Wolf Guy - Forgot to ask previously, is he the same actor from The Hobbit (snivelling toady dude in Lake Town)?

Edited by Dynaman

I was thinking they might be using the Wolf thing to make things boil over between Rick and Morgan, and maybe cause a showdown, all the while making the viewers guess whether Wolf Dude could truly be reformed. So much for that theory.

Top Secret - great stuff!

Agreed about the Wolf bit being sloppy, and it was not the only sloppy thing about this episode. It was at least MUCH better then the last one - but that is damning with faint praise.

First off, an RPG (even shot into the gas tank of a motorcycle) does NOT cause that kind of explosion. PLUS - our heroes only got into that situation due to sloppy writing to begin with.

SAM - why did they even try to walk out with that kid? They could have gotten a truck, drove back in to form a barricade, and gotten them out that way. NO need to risk the whole crew in the house during the walk.

Glenn - TWO sloppy writing deus-ex machina escapes in one season? Please.

FIRE! If zombies are so easy to distract (with tasty brains right there in front of them) how did civilization ever fall?

Wolf Guy - Forgot to ask previously, is he the same actor from The Hobbit (snivelling toady dude in Lake Town)?

Totally agreed on Sam. The kid's made no secret that he's a nervous wreck and a potential screamer. It was a problem waiting to happen. As for the RPG, couldn't they have just lit a match or something? Seems like pretty wasteful use of such rare and precious ammo.

No, it's not the same guy...

Daryl & Jesus will be an item. Fans wanted Daryl to be gay. Actor in interviews said he would be up to it. According to Wikipedia Jesus in the comics is gay. Daryl currently doesn't like Jesus. I think his dislike will go from a comedic element to an eventual romantic one. There wasn't much for Daryl to do last season so he'll get this as a storyline. I suspect it will turnout tragic with one of them dying after Daryl declares his love for Jesus.

Daryl & Jesus will be an item. Fans wanted Daryl to be gay. Actor in interviews said he would be up to it. According to Wikipedia Jesus in the comics is gay. Daryl currently doesn't like Jesus. I think his dislike will go from a comedic element to an eventual romantic one. There wasn't much for Daryl to do last season so he'll get this as a storyline. I suspect it will turnout tragic with one of them dying after Daryl declares his love for Jesus.

Ever notice that seem to always travel down the same looking rural roads no matter where they are and most of their camps are some house or a group of houses in the boonies.

Why don't they ever take shelter in like a Costco or something? A secure a source of ton of supplies. Designed to keep people out when business hours aren't in operation and still have several secure emergency exits. Instead they keep picking some poorly crafted single family home.

Eh, you could say the show did that after season 1.

Ever notice that seem to always travel down the same looking rural roads no matter where they are and most of their camps are some house or a group of houses in the boonies.

Why don't they ever take shelter in like a Costco or something? A secure a source of ton of supplies. Designed to keep people out when business hours aren't in operation and still have several secure emergency exits. Instead they keep picking some poorly crafted single family home.

I think any place like that will be one of the first places to be destroyed/ransacked/whatever by the desperate masses. I live right up the street from one and if anything on that magnitude came to be that's probably where I'd head; grab some supplies and maybe a cute cashier for comfort and then see what happens...

Edited by myk

The prison was the perfect stronghold as far as I'm concerned. I mean it took a tank to bring those zombies in. But you'd also have to remember that people can become walkers from the inside the walls. You don't necessisarily have to lock the bars but having them each secured in their own separate space at night while being to see inside whether or not you've turned is a luxury in that type of world. And there was enough space in that prison for people to have privacy when they needed it.

I'm curious how this does or doesn't parallel the comics at this point.

Someone who's read the comics feel free to chime in!

Just to be safe I'll use a spoiler........ who was the female voice when hear that Carol & Maggie were captured?

I'm amazed that none of those bullets from all those military rifles were able to go through the walls.

I read spoilers from the comic's wiki. Is doesn't end well. My guess is that

Nagan won't appear until the last 10 minutes of the season. He kills a fan favorite to show them who's boss. I have a feeling the show might use a different character because they might be afraid to lose viewers.

That was a great episode! nice action piece... I don't remember rolling my eyes once. maybe that time Jesus just magically appeared, but then again he already established himself as a ninja... plus he's Jesus.

I think the question of whether or not Shane was right comes up again...

That was a great episode! nice action piece... I don't remember rolling my eyes once. maybe that time Jesus just magically appeared, but then again he already established himself as a ninja... plus he's Jesus.

I think the question of whether or not Shane was right comes up again...

People on the WD forums and FB WD page are having a field day with Shane.

And yes a great episode, I was actually a bit nervous to watch it.

Everytime someone said their goodbyes, I was shouting... "You're gonna die!" Carol, Tara, Rosita... "You're gonna die!""You're gonna die!""You're gonna die!" At the end I was like... crap! Which one is gonna die?

Negan will have to bump off someone significant, otherwise he won't be taken as a serious threat to others.

Good thing that there were Polaroids of corpses on the wall instead of wives and children they could also murder in their sleep.

And I spared a few thoughts for Shane too.

Plenty of eye rolling on my end. Yeah sure, let's just decide to assault a target with little to no inteligence on it. Oh and yeah, let's bring whats-her-face so that she could clearly be used as an emotionally based plot device/hostage in the next episode; didn't see that one coming! Don't get me wrong though, I'm still a fan. Oh and by the way, you look at the group now and you compare Shane's belief of "survival of the fittest, strongest, and most daring" you see that he was ALWAYS right...

Edited by myk

True, my eye rolling meter has gone probably soft for this show. I guess this is one of the least wanna-be "philosophical/metaphoric" pretentious episode that Greg Nicotero has directed. Everytime he goes on Talking Dead he always has that moment where he exposes some hidden meaning that he shoved into the episode and then he checks the audience to see if they agree about how deep he is... lol. Ok, Dostoyevsky,relax... you're a make-up artist on a zombie show... get over yourself. There's more holes in your plots than that door to the armory.

I almost checked out during the whole zombie herd storyline... but I have enjoyed the last few episodes as far as cheesy fun, which is why I'm there.

They need to introduce a new Rick that will put this new Shane in check. That would actually make for an interesting storyline.

They never really were, IMO. I think there was just a mutual admiration and love. That Alicia Witt sure does clean up nicely, though...

I don't get the Carol story arc at all. For a fat chick, I thought Denise was sorta cute. Still alot of WTF moments but this episode still delivered. Please put Rosita back into her sexy two piece camouflage outfit by LL Bean...

Just caught the latest ep on my DVR.

Probably shouldn't need spoilers by now, but just in case.

Random question to you hunters out there: Is it possible for a crossbow to have recoil? Dwight said it "kicks like a b!tch." I'd figure that the weight of it would make it hard to get your aim straight, but the only force is generated by the bowstrings, not an explosion that pushes back on the weapon like a pistol.

Just curious, really.

Edited by GU-11