Brutal episode but it took all that effort to break Rick down. Gotta love that "look" at the end. As for the Governor vs Negan. The Governor is nothing more than a psycho wack job who is more shallow than a puddle of water. Negan is very intelligent, a great leader for his purpose and the best villain of the series (comics and probably in the tv series). The intro is all you need to know is that you don't mess with Negan.

Brutal episode but it took all that effort to break Rick down. Gotta love that "look" at the end. As for the Governor vs Negan. The Governor is nothing more than a psycho wack job who is more shallow than a puddle of water. Negan is very intelligent, a great leader for his purpose and the best villain of the series (comics and probably in the tv series). The intro is all you need to know is that you don't mess with Negan.

My $.02:

I was an early fan of the comics. At the time nobody was paying attention to zombies. Zombies were, eh, dead, but I was intrigued by the black and white comic immediately. I read it up until Rick and the crew make it into Alexandria. For the most part, I thought the comics were good, though sometimes the crossed a line with me with depictions of brutality and torture.

The show had never done that, until now. I could think of a dozen ways better to depict the scenes from the S7 premiere that would not have required what was depicted there so graphically, almost in a mean way, towards fans. It was almost anti-fan service. Fan-abuse, perhaps. I think the directors missed the point of what story there was there.

Now with shows like Westworld, Netflix's Marvel shows, GoT, and all the various classic anime shows I didn't have easy access to before the streaming era, I think I might be done with Walking Dead.

walking dead trolls it's fans with troll editing. it used to be suspenseful and have some mystery. i don't know what to classify this show as, but not interested in watching until the end of this arch. then see how it will rinse and repeat.

It will be interesting to watch the next few seasons to see how the characters evolve based on what we just saw.

They've strayed a hair here and there in terms of character development with some of the players and some who don't exist in both the comic and the TV show, but clearly they are following the same basic trajectory, Ezekiel, Maggie at Hilltop, Rick at Alexandria..... We can probably safely assume that we can look forward to a season of Rick's group subjugated, making alliances with the other groups and ultimately, working to overthrow Negan. How the Daryl element will play out I don't know, he may take the place of his scarred alter ego from the comic books, but that such a rich character development story which they are going to need I don't think they'll discard him, I expect they'll save Daryl for another Fan cliffhanger death leading up to the Negan showdown

It will be interesting to watch the next few seasons to see how the characters evolve based on what we just saw.

They've strayed a hair here and there in terms of character development with some of the players and some who don't exist in both the comic and the TV show, but clearly they are following the same basic trajectory, Ezekiel, Maggie at Hilltop, Rick at Alexandria..... We can probably safely assume that we can look forward to a season of Rick's group subjugated, making alliances with the other groups and ultimately, working to overthrow Negan. How the Daryl element will play out I don't know, he may take the place of his scarred alter ego from the comic books, but that such a rich character development story which they are going to need I don't think they'll discard him, I expect they'll save Daryl for another Fan cliffhanger death leading up to the Negan showdown

I'm aware of the larger comic book beats but I'm not familiar with who you're referencing in relation to Daryl.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still watching it.

Last week's episode has me puzzled because...by surrending all of their guns they've completely screwed themselves. How are they supposed to mount a resistance now? At least in the comics they still had the option of superior firepower. And like you, I think their best chance was greeting Negan's inaugural visit with a hail of bullets, not giving up their guns. Like it or not, guns are power and now they have none.

Clearly, they're shaping up Maggie to follow her comic book counterpart. Carl's also following suit. WTF happened to Tara? I've always been a supporter of the show, but the quandry that they've put themselves in from last week leaves me seriously wondering how they're going to bounce back from this one...

I'm still watching it.

Last week's episode has me puzzled because...by surrending all of their guns they've completely screwed themselves. How are they supposed to mount a resistance now? At least in the comics they still had the option of superior firepower. And like you, I think their best chance was greeting Negan's inaugural visit with a hail of bullets, not giving up their guns. Like it or not, guns are power and now they have none.

Clearly, they're shaping up Maggie to follow her comic book counterpart. Carl's also following suit. WTF happened to Tara? I've always been a supporter of the show, but the quandry that they've put themselves in from last week leaves me seriously wondering how they're going to bounce back from this one...

After last season people are still expecting good writing on this show?

I'll catch up after the mid-season finale like I always do now. This show needs to be binged, it's far too boring and middling to watch week after week in my opinion. I did watch the big death scene online, went as expected, apparently this show hasn't been completely neutered, well done Walking Dead, brutally perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now the bullet maker is gone too. Curious to see how they will mount any kind of resistance. Sticks and stones? Hopes and dreams?

Edited by myk

Well, now the bullet maker is gone too. Curious to see how they will mount any kind of resistance. Sticks and stones? Hopes and dreams?

LOL......harsh language?

I'll catch up after the mid-season finale like I always do now. This show needs to be binged, it's far too boring and middling to watch week after week in my opinion. I did watch the big death scene online, went as expected, apparently this show hasn't been completely neutered, well done Walking Dead, brutally perfect.

Funny.....alot of people I know are doing the same thing....thank goodness for Netflix...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He was smiling.  Most likely because those people could be potential allies.

I find some of these communities to be down right silly.   Society has only collapse a few years ago and we've got all these unique groups and their wacky customs.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

He was smiling.  Most likely because those people could be potential allies.

I find some of these communities to be down right silly.   Society has only collapse a few years ago and we've got all these unique groups and their wacky customs.

Well since someone else brought them up, I'll ask what group those people are supposed to be?  They're not the Whisperers...

I'm betting they are a plot vehicle for Alexandria to re-arm. Either soul-less villain types that Rick and company can dispatch with abandon to remind the viewers how tough they are, or like-minded victims of the Saviors with a just cause and willingness to re-arm the Alexandirans on the down low in return for creture comforts and a few houses in Alexandria with hot showers and bottle of chianti. 

On 10/27/2016 at 10:37 PM, Sandman said:

TV Daryl took on some of comics dwight's story beats from what I understand. Them both being on the show at the same time is almost redundant unless they branch them off in separate ways.

This...

Spoiler

I can't imagine they will discard Daryl lightly because he is such a fan favorite, but they need the Dwight redemption story because it is one of the most uplifting character development arcs they do in the whole series.  That being said, I'm guessing they are going to ultimately end up sacrificing Daryl in some mission, perhaps to rescue Eugene because two bad-ass tough but lovable biker guys is too much leathery hug material for one show :p