Yeah, they should have taken a scripting note from the fan reaction to Cloud Atlas, the "true true" nonsense just sounds stupid, having a bunch of people develop a whole new regional dialect ( We talk like the trashpile people of the ancient garbagian empire! ) in the span of a few years is just silly.  Maybe their leader has autism and it will explain the shorthand, but if they spontaneously developed the "Junkyard Engrish" it's going to grate on my nerves every time they appear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well that was a fun start for the new season! 

Spoiler

That said, once again Rick has Negan in his sights and talks vs. pulling that trigger. And how the episodes ends has me saying again, you (Gabriel) have an M-16 in your hand & Negan is talking crap with a bat... most likely going to kill you, just shoot the f--ker already. Still more enjoyable than "Fear The Walking Dead" any day of the year. 

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Fear the Walking Dead is fun show to watch. The lead family are the stupidest and most selfish people on television. They always screw things up. You have to watch it as it were a comedy.

I only watched FTWD because I was waiting for Last week tonight with John Oliver to come on. When Nick was going to blow the Dam up, I thought finally this idiot is done with, nope! 

Actually Daniel is the only credible character. Between his background story and is his ability to survive & not hesitate using a gun he's the highlight of the show. 

As for the upcoming TWD & FTWD crossover... I'm not all that enthused about it. 

21 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Fear the Walking Dead is fun show to watch. The lead family are the stupidest and most selfish people on television. They always screw things up. You have to watch it as it were a comedy.

I couldn't get past season 1. The main characters are so boring, and acting sucks. Even the lead characters from Terranova were more interesting...  And that is saying a lot 

I'm on the other side of the fence, I actually liked FTWD 1st season, I thought it was fairly interesting.  I lost track of it after that, I need to catch up at some point I guess.  As for TWD, I haven't started the new season yet, but I'm really done with ALL the characters except my boy Darrell, and sometimes Carol.  Rick is fun to watch when  he's got his sh*t together and not being a little b*tch about everything..

On 10/25/2017 at 4:30 AM, Convectuoso said:

I couldn't get past season 1. The main characters are so boring, and acting sucks. Even the lead characters from Terranova were more interesting...  And that is saying a lot 

I was just waiting for the daughter to get naked or something.  She almost got taken for a comfort girl in season one but it didn't pan out.  Oh well..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is a strange choice.  If you asked people what the series is about.  Not just fighting zombies but what the emotional story is about.  It was about the relationship between these 2 characters.  After last nights episode the show is only about fighting zombies.   If this is the last season what they did would make sense.  

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

It is a strange choice.  If you asked people what the series is about.  Not just fighting zombies but what the emotional story is about.  It was about the relationship between these 2 characters.  After last nights episode the show is only about fighting zombies.   If this is the last season what they did would make sense.  

I agree, if this was the final season then last nights episode would be a major impact. Just my opinion but it was a bad choice among a lot of things that occurred in the mid-season finale.  

• 7 months later...

I still watch Walking Dead but only in that 'let's see where this is heading" kinda vibe at this point. 

Surprisingly the new season of "Fear the Walking Dead" was actually pretty damn good IMO, didn't think I'd ever say that about that series.  

My problem is, who would've thought the big Savior story line would end up being one of the most boring, drug out, poorly handled story lines in WD history. It was the most anticipated story line from the comic, Negan was the most anticipated character. Negan was fine I guess, Jeffery Dean Morgan did a solid job, Negan's shtick just got old quick, and the Savior story line overall was a bust, the whole thing was quite poorly handled.

33 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

My problem is, who would've thought the big Savior story line would end up being one of the most boring, drug out, poorly handled story lines in WD history. It was the most anticipated story line from the comic, Negan was the most anticipated character. Negan was fine I guess, Jeffery Dean Morgan did a solid job, Negan's shtick just got old quick, and the Savior story line overall was a bust, the whole thing was quite poorly handled.

I completely agree, it became cringe worthy after a while. The amount of times that Negan could have been killed and so easily... while so easily ignored by Ricks team was frustrating at best (At the gates while Negan saying his Three Little Pigs line there were two people with rifles... Bang, evils punished.) The scene with the M2 50. Cal machine guns/Humvee scene was just lame, all that trouble and loss only to see Rick & Daryl fight like pissy teens and then blow it up. The constant splitting up, no communication or leadership from Rick, maybe that's how it was in the comic but for live-action it doesn't work. 

If the producers were going to keep the TV series different from the comics I would have loved to have seen one season no more than two dealing with Alexandria and then they were back on the road, maybe in pursuit by Negan yet on the road trying to survive. That would have been more exciting IMO. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just curious, anyone still watching this (insert sarcasm) amazingly well written show? 

I get this is a show based on a comic book but there are things that just don't translate well to live action. 

Still watching it to see what happens next but the amount of liberties they take with this show is mind bending at times. 

I picked up the comics within the first year of its run, back when the idea of zombies as the next big horror wave seemed ridiculous. It was all vampires vs werewolves then. I stopped reading the comics after show got to Alexandria because of how much the show had begun to differ. I still watch it because let’s face it, I have loved zombies since I first watched the original Romero movies. I’ve heard about the events being depicts in the series now, but don’t know what’s gonna happen next. I think the series is about as good as it’s been in a while and for me that’s good enough. By contrast I still won’t watch Fear the Walkig Dead after a good first season to horrible second season.

44 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

It is a sad, depressing mess but I love to watch this bad show just for the laughs 

It's one of the reasons I still watch it (as well Talking Dead). Though does next February mean the return of Negan to power or will the Whisperers put him in check?