Trigun

areaseven

I hope they aren't planning on redubbing the voices. I have hated Funimation's work since they took over DBZ and screwed up all of the voices. Nobody can even come close to Brian Drummond as Vegeta. I want my Ocean Group back!

I am betting they are planning to redub Trigun.

1. Redubing Trigun with their own staff is probably cheaper then buying the expensive rights to the Geneon/Pioneer dub.

2. Funimation probably wants the same English cast to dub the new movie and the TV series so they will tie-in better especially for new fans, who tend to be the ones that listen to dubs anyway.

I am betting they are planning to redub Trigun.

1. Redubing Trigun with their own staff is probably cheaper then buying the expensive rights to the Geneon/Pioneer dub.

2. Funimation probably wants the same English cast to dub the new movie and the TV series so they will tie-in better especially for new fans, who tend to be the ones that listen to dubs anyway.

Dubs are usually owned by the original Anime licensor, not just by the domestic company that dubs it. As such, the dub is usually part of the package when a show is re-licensed.

You're right.. sounds just like the original voices. The dude who did Vash was also the guy who did Kaneda in Akira. I remember that Vash's brother is done by the guy who voiced Tetsuo from Akira as well. Millie Thompson... why does her voice sound familiar? Is that Minmei's voice from Robotech? Uhh... Rebecca Forstadt?

After several years of being out of print, Trigun is back on DVD through Funimation Entertainment on November 16.

Huh... well, that's good news! Trigun was one of the first two anime series I bought on DVD, and after all these years the discs are starting to get a bit battered. I was hoping we'd see a re-release of the show around the time the movie came out so I could replace it. I'd been hoping for a remastered version, but a straight-up re-release won't hurt my feelings any.

Huh... I should have recognized Bosch as Ichigo's voice in Bleach too... He also does Lelouch in Code Geass. Ha! He also grew up in the town in which I grew up and currently live.

I had to look up Milly's English voice actor because I knew her from some series that I had seen many many times. Which is why I thought that maybe it was Rebecca Forstadt, whom has also done a couple of voices for other series I've seen many times... such as Mihoshi Kuramitsu in Tenchi Muyo. I still can't really figure out why I've heard her voice a lot. I guess it was from Big O... <_<

Edited by frothymug

• 11 months later...

Dubs are usually owned by the original Anime licensor, not just by the domestic company that dubs it. As such, the dub is usually part of the package when a show is re-licensed.

And as an owner of some of Funimation's OTHER license salvage releases, I can confirm they keep the old translation, even when there's some glaring errors like typos in the subtitles and completely missed lines... and the end credits will even credit the original licensor instead of Funimation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I still haven’t been able to watch the new show. The redesign looks so off putting, almost like a final fantasy reject, that I just don’t really want to watch it. I still haven’t heard from anyone else that’s seen it, so there’s not even a good recommendation to go on

Alternate retelling. Its very different. It spends more time on on his youth primarily through flashbacks. If you haven't seen the original in a while, I would recommend NOT rewatching it before giving the new show a go.

The new show is NOT made for people who loved the original show growing up.

If you do not like CG character animation you will not like this.  If you can keep an open mind you might like the new show.

I'm ok with it 7/10. Waiting for the 2nd part.