Yamato's unassembled Valkyries

Jasonc

Very simple low-cost packaging B))

Are you planning to customize these, or just keep it as is?

I got quite a few plans with these...1 will be a Minmay Guard, the other may be a very ambitious project, the "Platypus"

I would've have gotten mine in had... if not for the stupid Singapore Post Office's policy of bringing it back to HQ after a failed delivery and not allowing re-scheduling ntil at least 2 days AFTER the failed delivery.... anyway, thats for another thread.

Can't wait to see what kind of contents there are... I mean, the weight of the package of this unpainted version is heavier than a normal valks's package weight, so kinda wondering if there are sprues or anything that added to the weight.

Mine arrived yesterday. :D

There are some sprues and an instruction book as well as the usual manual. You get both sticker and decal options. And a huge amount of little bags ;)

pardon the ignorance but is this a model kit or their v2 toy unassembled?? And whered ya get it?

GREAT price, and they'd be a blast to build, to boot!

i think i'll pull the trigger on one as soon as i can...

Ditto, in a few months maybe sooner.

pardon the ignorance but is this a model kit or their v2 toy unassembled?? And whered ya get it?

As BlueMax said, it's an unassembled version of the toy. HLJ.com is the only retailer you can order it from outside of Japan.

Does the kit have smooth shoulder pins ?

Does it have the new or old crotch lock system ?

Smooth and knurled pins are included. Various sizes.

It uses the old crotch lock system.

interesting that it is the old crotch system. Good way to get rid of all of those parts, huh?

So are the instructions clear / easy to follow without knowing how to read Japanese?

yes it's old crotch and with different smooth and knurled pins.

I don't understand why they include the old crotch in unaseembled one. I don't think they are getting rid of old parts (may be for the assembled plain version), but I don't think they are getting rid old crotch on unassembled version because these all came in sprues. I also doubt that those individual parts in mass production will come in the same sprue tree that we get for this version, but i could be wrong.

I'm actually kind of glad I passed on these. Not sure if I'm skilled enough in the painting department to even attempt to customize anything...or at the very least just paint simple things like the black "ring" around the nosecone or detail the canopy. If anything, I'd kitbash it for spare parts if anything broke on one of my other Valks.

yes it's old crotch and with different smooth and knurled pins.

I don't understand why they include the old crotch in unaseembled one. I don't think they are getting rid of old parts (may be for the assembled plain version), but I don't think they are getting rid old crotch on unassembled version because these all came in sprues. I also doubt that those individual parts in mass production will come in the same sprue tree that we get for this version, but i could be wrong.

I simply can not get the old crotch system to work. I have never seen my vf-1s in battloid form. It just ain't gonna happe,

I simply can not get the old crotch system to work. I have never seen my vf-1s in battloid form. It just ain't gonna happe,

The very end small section of the crotch has to be angled in a degree to get the hatch goes through it. I wasn't able to do that too but practice makes it happen, once you get it right then you will have no problem to transform it. Having said that, they should have done the easier revised version from the begining. :lol:

Even if it might be possible to rotate the nose there, I'm not sure how you could ever use that joint while keeping the transformation intact, since this version doesn't have the slight side-to-side swivel in the swingbar that the 1/48 did.

On the other hand... I wonder what would happen if you removed the swingbar from the hip bar entirely, and just left the legs detachable. Kinda kills the whole "perfect transformation" bit, but it could be interesting to see what could be done with that bar out of the way.

I don't think it would have any great effect on how the legs attach in fighter/gerwalk modes since they clip in by the hip bar, but I don't know if the nose hatch and attachment point there would be enough to hold the legs in in battroid. Also, the swingbar clips into the backplate pretty firmly in battroid, so you'd lose that sturdyness as well.

But it could be interesting to try. :)

Mine's due in a few weeks via SAL. I'm already wondering about adhesives and paint though. Do we know exactly what the plastics are on this thing? I'm guessing primarily ABS but I remember someone mentioning POM as well. Anyone know for sure, what's what on these?

Mine is being shipped via SAL. Just got the notice today. Selling my completed no paint version to pay for this. I have an evil scheme for this custom.

I am going to be using spray cans as I dont have an airbrush. So do you think that a pimer coat and a couple coats on top of that will be prohibitively thick for transformation without chipping? My no paint version was insanely tight. Should I just leave the parts that are going to be rubbing a lot unpainted? Such as the elbow joints?

I hope to see lots of build ups here so that we can all learn.

Mine is being shipped via SAL. Just got the notice today. Selling my completed no paint version to pay for this. I have an evil scheme for this custom.

I am going to be using spray cans as I dont have an airbrush. So do you think that a pimer coat and a couple coats on top of that will be prohibitively thick for transformation without chipping? My no paint version was insanely tight. Should I just leave the parts that are going to be rubbing a lot unpainted? Such as the elbow joints?

I hope to see lots of build ups here so that we can all learn.

I'm sure it will chip a lot, look at Max and Miria shoulders. The back plate will be scratched as well when you mount the fast pack on, and lots of hinges will suffer paint chipping. I really don't think you can paint it.

I'm sure it will chip a lot, look at Max and Miria shoulders. The back plate will be scratched as well when you mount the fast pack on, and lots of hinges will suffer paint chipping. I really don't think you can paint it.

If thickness of the paint hs a concern, anyone try vinyl dye?

Whoah. If it cant be painted then what is the point? I think that the vinyl die is a great idea for getting the plastic a good dark color for when the paint finally does chip off.

Where does one get such die?

I am going to go for it.

The "evil" color scheme I am going to do is a Zentraedi color scheme. Going to try to match the colors of the matchbox Zentraedi Warrior figure. So if I can die the plasic purple first then paint it up, when it does chip it will be purple underneath.

What do you all think?