Voltron revival?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/to...n-87339752.html

Voltron Panthera Force will premiere on Nicktoons this season. The series follows the exploits of a group of five young cadets brought together under trying circumstances to form a newly appointed Voltron Lion Squad dubbed the "Panthera Force." Voltron Panthera Force is a World Events Production in conjunction with Kick Start Production.

Panthera Force? What kind of name is that? :mellow:

Panthera means the big cat family that includes Lions, Jaguars, Leopards and Tigers.

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm alarmed, though, that pictures of the show have not been released yet. A title card or some character portraits maybe? But they could be saving those for the conventions.

I just want to see how it looks like first before saying anything.

lol, which # reboot is this? Like 3rd or 4th now?

There is the original Voltrons. Lion and Vehicle Voltron. First part is Lion Force then Vehicle Team then when the second didn't pan out as expected Albegas aka Gladiator Voltron was replaced with new episodes of Lion Force. There is also the Voltron the Third Dimension.

Back at 2005 I think Kick Start tried to make a new Voltron cartoon somewhat based on the new comic. There was a trailer but WEP took them all off Youtube.

There is the original Voltrons. Lion and Vehicle Voltron. First part is Lion Force then Vehicle Team then when the second didn't pan out as expected Albegas aka Gladiator Voltron was replaced with new episodes of Lion Force. There is also the Voltron the Third Dimension.

Back at 2005 I think Kick Start tried to make a new Voltron cartoon somewhat based on the new comic. There was a trailer but WEP took them all off Youtube.

I was kind of more referring to the remakes of the Lion & Vehicle that have occurred in the past 10 years. I know there was a CG one a few years back - then not so long ago there was this weird comic-book still version that aired on Syfy. Seems that there were quite a few attempts to bring it back.

Panthera means the big cat family that includes Lions, Jaguars, Leopards and Tigers.

I'd bet money that whoever picked the name, didn't know that, and intended it to mean "panthers". (which is not really a species or even a genus, though many people think it is )

I was kind of more referring to the remakes of the Lion & Vehicle that have occurred in the past 10 years. I know there was a CG one a few years back - then not so long ago there was this weird comic-book still version that aired on Syfy. Seems that there were quite a few attempts to bring it back.

other than the original 80's stuff (the two shows plus the crossover speical), there was 1998's Voltron: the third dimension which was a dirrect sequal to lion voltron and and not a reboot. other than that there's the LAM announced in 2005 that's still dragging through pre-production and an untitled "interactive" voltorn series from kickstart (same people doing the nick one) that was supposed to come out in 2005 and hasn't gone anywhere.

so yeah, two attempts to bring it back to TV, only one of which actually made it to TV, and it wasn't a reboot.

On another note I just learned of a game that named Lotor's robeast in the Fleet of Doom special.

post-9033-1270600044_thumb.jpg

Lo-Tron

What kind of naming sense is that?

Name sux but the game looks fun...is it hard to find?

Being that the board game was made by Privateer Press, I would imagine that its a very well thought out game that has very few rules with lots of variables. I've played their table top games Warmachine and Hordes, and love them both. Also played Infernal Contraption, a non-collectible card game that is thoroughly addictive.

I am pretty sure that the Voltron game is a take off the Monsterpocolypse table top game of theirs, which I have not played yet.

www.Privateerpress.com I love their work :)

So any new stuff about this Voltron Panthera Force besides a title? The suspense is killing me since Titan Maximum kind of ruined the original concept of the franchise for me.

Just some rumors.

http://www.rangerboard.com/showpost.php?p=...mp;postcount=50

Highlights

Animated Series News:

• The lions are sleek, and are recognizably Voltron.

• There’s an expanded, interracial team.

• All five post-Sven pilots are there (with a probable Sven cameo).

• The show’s major villains will be returning.

• Character design is vaguely reminiscent of (though not in a way I would say apes) Timm-verse DC.

• The cartoon’s working title is now Voltron Force (not Voltron Panthera Force).

• There’s an all-new voice cast.

Movie News:

• Neither the Justin Marks script nor the more recent Jeff Davis rewrite will be the shooting script; the production is officially in "reboot mode."

• Max Makowski is no longer attached to direct.

• Despite longstanding legal rumors and online rumblings, the Voltron property belongs solely to WEP.

• WEP is working closely with Atlas Entertainment on the movie’s direction.

• No actors are currently attached.

• The likelihood of young children confusing Voltron with Transformers and/or Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers is something being addressed; it is WEP’s intention that Voltron be distinctive enough to stand out on his own.

• 10 months later...

Lots of great stuff.

MOTU. Thundercats. Now Voltron. It's like re-living the 1980's. Who in the hell needs a Dolorian?

Its Go Lion ! which company is producing it.

Me thinks you need to read that a bit more closely.

Now I'm not so sure I'm impressed with what's shown so far, it looks like this should could end up looking like Transformers The Animated Series, which I hope I'm wrong about.

Edited by Keith

So, will every episode end with Blazing Sword pwning all?

One of my buddies used to joke around that if we ever got enough money to greenlight a Hollywood movie, we'd make a live-action version of Voltron.

But we'd make it ultra-low-budget: use a guy in a boxy Voltron suit for the fight scenes (ala Power Rangers), constantly reuse stock footage for the fights and battles, and spend the absolute bare minimum for any CGI or special effects (think models tied with string, obvious scene-cuts for explosions, etc.).

I don't know why, but this idea gave us too much entertainment and amusement. :rolleyes: