Voltron revival?

kids will love it since this is obviously a kids show and its not aimed for people in our age group (20's-30's)

that being said, this looks horrible. it looks worse than Voltron: the third dimension. The original series was great and most of the episodes still hold up just fine. The network should broadcast it and reissue some of the original toys and that would get kids buying the toys and people who were kids in the 80's buying the toys all over again.

Going to be the major minority here but that gave me goosebumps in waves.

Also, and yeah tear me apart for it, while the overall background/character animation is very kiddy, the CG looked and moved JUST like Frontier.

Edited by Chewie

Going to be the major minority here but that gave me goosebumps in waves.

Also, and yeah tear me apart for it, while the overall background/character animation is very kiddy, the CG looked and moved JUST like Frontier.

What did I tell you about hitting that crack pipe.

wow...just wow...my anus is bleeding. I can't register what i just saw :wacko: i know why the animation looks familiar. and why it made me want to by car insurance. Seriously, the animation looks like a very long e-surance advertisement.

my god where will it end??????? maybe the raprure really is happening??????? :wacko:

Ha! E-Surance! GREAT take.

That is horrible, just awful.

I have twin 3 year olds and a 1 year old - we'll stick with the Clone Wars and Patlabor for now thanks.

This would be beneath them...

OMG please do not blind your children with this !!!! Clones wars & Patlabor greatness all the way!!!! they will grow up to be doctors!

What did I tell you about hitting that crack pipe.

Eh. When you integrate CG into hand drawn animation it always comes off looking like this does. Transformers, Aquarion, Frontier, this. It doesn't flow exactly right. The level of cleanliness for the animation between them may be a lot different, but it's the same thing.

I don't know about "looking like this does". There's a huge gap between this and the ballroom scene in Beauty & the Beast. I can admit the fact that it's made for kids but I'd be insulted if anyone said these were made for my kids. Like m1 said, the first thing I thought of were cheap commercials that can't afford real animators. For some reason I was thinking cereal commercials. But I also read an interview with a producer where he said he was proud of a product that both fans of the original and their kids can watch together.

Eh. When you integrate CG into hand drawn animation it always comes off looking like this does. Transformers, Aquarion, Frontier, this. It doesn't flow exactly right. The level of cleanliness for the animation between them may be a lot different, but it's the same thing.

Dude, this is clearly flash animaton. Comparing it with Frontier is like comparing classic Warner Bros with 60's-80's Hannah Barbera. Yeah both are animated, but it hardly makes them look the same.

After watching a few of the other trailers, I see a lot of inconsistencies with the animation and the CG, but the above trailer is a lot better than the others and it doesn't look like a flash animation at all. It looks like sloppily integrated CG in an animated show, much like Transformers Cybertron was.

There were plenty of parts of Frontier and Aquarion that didn't mesh well either.

Why was everyone hanging out in the black lion? Shouldn't they all be piloting the other lions? I have no recollection of the original show but that seemed odd.

EDIT - okay, I think I get it, there are pilots in the other Lions but there are like four pilots in the black lion. Seems odd but sure.

Edited by jenius

EDIT - okay, I think I get it, there are pilots in the other Lions but there are like four pilots in the black lion. Seems odd but sure.

Modified cockpits are two seaters. That's just the first ep combining are they at the back of Black Lion.

194998727.jpg

Looking at it I can see the possibility of arm an legs being interchangeable in toys. Still not convinced an arm or leg turn to a main body in a toy. Though one guy I know who posts at the Voltron forum says each lion is $40. He's assuming Mattel can do this.

Edited by RedWolf

Modified cockpits are two seaters. That's just the first ep combining are they at the back of Black Lion.

194998727.jpg

Looking at it I can see the possibility of arm an legs being interchangeable in toys. Still not convinced an arm or leg turn to a main body in a toy. Though one guy I know who posts at the Voltron forum says each lion is $40. He's assuming Mattel can do this.

I think it's more of a lion switching "heads" with black lion kind of deal. There's no way it could work otherwise.