Voltron revival?

Gah.

You know, despite Voltron "The Third Dimension"'s overall suckiness, the music was pretty good. Especially when they used the original songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD2m7zYub0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dctSurakKRM

(yes, it's the original Voltron in the pic, but the music is 3D's)

Isn't that the PSP kid? Weak promo, with weak theme, plus weak newer design style = not very excited about this

Take a tip producers, this is how you update a super robot show.

Edited by Keith

Isn't that the PSP kid? Weak promo, with weak theme, plus weak newer design style = not very excited about this

Lol, it's been posted before but my favorite trailer for the new Mazin-K is this one:

First the evil mechs sexually assault the girl mechs, then the pilots of the evil mechs assault the pilots of the girl mechs. LOLZ....

because clearly, Tits + explosions = successful children show. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

At least we get some animation in motion now. So it's cell shaded CG/2D mix. Honestly, the designs remind me of everything I hated about Transformers TAS, and those studio shots with the voice actors aren't helping much either. On the bright side, it looks like they're definately ignoring Voltron 3D. Dollars for donuts, I'm still far more impressed with Thundercats.

In fact, after further review, #1 reason why I don't like this so far is: http://nicktoons.nic...ers/allura.html

Reason #2: http://nicktoons.nic...rs/larmina.html

"E-P-I-C" failure on the female designs.

And WTF is transvestite Galvatron doing there? http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/voltron-force/characters/commander-kala.html

Edited by Keith

Yikes. After looking at the character designs I can already tell what kind of show this is. I guess I'm gonna have to be happy with Thundercats.

Mattel revealed a classic 6" voltron on AOTS and man. It looked like crap. Hopefully their deluxe classics will look good.

I've never seen anything on Nicktoons or TF Animated, but I realize there's an audience for it. I don't really expect much from Voltron because the show never really struck a chord with me. It's just nice to have something cool to go with the toys. The initial designs of the lions are cool but the more I see the less I feel like it's something I'd enjoy. I mean, Lance looks like such a lecher in that pic. lol. And how do you get rid of one of the coolest theme songs on TV?

It really sucks that for a new cartoon show made for a bunch of 30+ somethings that they did such a bad job.

:rolleyes:

As for the Animation yeah not sure if want.

What seems to be different is that the lions have multiple pilots. At least three new characters.

As for the Animation yeah not sure if want.

What seems to be different is that the lions have multiple pilots. At least three new characters.

Spoiler: The old characters will give way to the new.

Well that is new it can swap lion heads.

Maybe it's like Aquarion.

PS Guys, we were all kids once, don't be so hard on this cartoon, if I had kids I might enjoy watching it with them. And that goes for Avatar, TF: Animated, Ben 10, Batman, whatever. I might even be inclined to say to them "here's the 80s version that i used to watch". So much hatred here. Remember, we're not the target audience.

Edited by Renato

Was Voltron shooting double-guns in the trailer there? :o

Was hoping for a good show, but now it looks like another Voltron: The Third Dimension-quality level show. :angry:

Maybe it's like Aquarion.

PS Guys, we were all kids once, don't be so hard on this cartoon, if I had kids I might enjoy watching it with them. And that goes for Avatar, TF: Animated, Ben 10, Batman, whatever. I might even be inclined to say to them "here's the 80s version that i used to watch". So much hatred here. Remember, we're not the target audience.

No target audience deserves character designs & half-ass cell shaded CG that crappy.

No target audience deserves character designs & half-ass cell shaded CG that crappy.

Sigh. I would quote baronv's signature here, but then that would leave me open to you just turning around and quoting to me his actual post (the one just before yours). :wacko:

Whatever, go criticize a child's cartoon if it makes you feel good about yourself. I'm sure we'll all read it and respect you for it.

Sigh. I would quote baronv's signature here, but then that would leave me open to you just turning around and quoting to me his actual post (the one just before yours). :wacko:

Whatever, go criticize a child's cartoon if it makes you feel good about yourself. I'm sure we'll all read it and respect you for it.

Sigh all you want, but blatant crap in the guise of "childrens cartoons" is still blatant crap. There are occasional pockets of time when animators actually get together and care about their craft.

Maybe its an animation error.

Nah checking it again it isn't the Black Lion body. Meaning any lion can become the torso. Which explains why the legs are oversized.

The bio confirms it.

http://nicktoons.nick.com/shows/voltron-force/characters/voltron.html

Fueled by the Power of the Lions, found within the new Voltron Force cadets, Voltron returns more powerful than ever. Key to the mighty robot's new abilities is the power to reconfigure, allowing each lion to form the head, and arming Voltron with the specific powers of that lion.
Edited by RedWolf