I would say, I really like the design of that IBO spin-off suit. A year ago, I was playing Dragon's Nest and the Swordman on that game uses Gauntlet as his sub-weapon. While it might not make sense ingame while a gauntlet in that game is not a pair, I really like the idea of Mobile suit having a bigger or specialized arm for handling giant sword.

@electric Indigo

what conversion kit is that? MG repair III for exia?

My latest build: HGUC RX-93 ν Gundam. The only stickers I used are for the head cameras and chest sensor. I used Mr. Color #14 Navy Blue and #58 Orange Yellow, Gundam Markers #GM08 Gundam Yellow, #GM09 Gundam Eye Green and #GM10 Gundam Black for the necessary details. Panel lining was done with Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color (Black and Gray), Gundam Marker Black Panel Line Pen, and Pilot Drawing Pen 01. Additional water slide decals from the Gundam Decal sheets for MG Hi-ν Gundam and RX-178 Gundam Mk-II [A.E.U.G.].

nugundam01_zps3qexoocb.jpg

nugundam02_zps4y2ymx4g.jpg

nugundam03_zpsxdqs82ml.jpg

nugundam06_zpssdjirgzp.jpg

nugundam08_zpsyxucfex7.jpg

nugundam09_zpsxh7gzw7o.jpg

nugundam10_zpsntlmgf0h.jpg

nugundam12_zpsbexfaexa.jpg

nugundam13_zpsbarke5sr.jpg
Here's the ν Gundam with the 1988 and 2014 versions of the SD Gundam BB Senshi kit.

nugundam14_zpsvfx7qjiw.jpg
And let's not forget the ν Gundam's arch nemesis, the MSN-04 Sazabi.

nugundam15_zps5pqy77en.jpg
A size comparison inspired by Kakarot197 and 2Old4Toys.

"And that's all for this review. And see you guys next time."

Do the funnels hold up together much better than the Ver.Ka? I can't pose mine with the funnels on the back without a rod inserted through them, which is a universal problem with the MG.

I don't have either of the MG versions, but the Fin Funnels on this kit have no mounting points for an action base. I don't know if Bandai made an effect parts set for this kit, but not having one is a completely missed opportunity. Same with the Sazabi, especially since the Jagd Doga comes with effect parts for its funnels.

I'll try using a Tamashii Stage with the claw attachment to see if it can hold a Fin Funnel.

post-600-0-53431700-1457220505_thumb.jpg Been sitting on it for 6 months, but finally working on my conversion kit from RX-78(G) to an RX-78-BD-1.
Cleaned it as thoroughly as I could with simple green for a day, rinsed and dried for another day, and tested my tamiya acrylic primer on it which seemed to work out well. Sadly ran out of primer so I'll have to go get another can.

My first spray job in over a decade: An HGUC 1/144 MS-14F Gelgoog Marine repainted in EFSF aggressor colors, as seen in episode 13 of Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. This was a rather ghetto job, as I used a can of Ace Hardware Ivory spray paint; it ended up being brighter than the Mr. Color #45 Sail Color of the EFSF Zaku II F2. For the torso, I used Mr. Color #14 Navy Blue and #32 Dark Gray (2). This is just a test fit, as it's going back to the spray booth for final coating.

I'm kinda surprised that P-Bandai never released this color variant.

efsfgelgoogmarine-demo01_zpssxrh2xnt.jpg

attachicon.gifBD-1.12.jpg Been sitting on it for 6 months, but finally working on my conversion kit from RX-78(G) to an RX-78-BD-1.

Cleaned it as thoroughly as I could with simple green for a day, rinsed and dried for another day, and tested my tamiya acrylic primer on it which seemed to work out well. Sadly ran out of primer so I'll have to go get another can.

I shall be following with grate interest, I have a Aliex conversion and blue destiny is very short on the list.

Will the iron blooded orphan kits be getting the Master Grade treatment? I have seen the 1/100 scale, and HG 1/144 and that new one that has the metal frame and pearl/metal finish parts that is in 1/100 scale. Would also love to see the Gundam Barbatos in Perfect Grade!

Twich

Will the iron blooded orphan kits be getting the Master Grade treatment? I have seen the 1/100 scale, and HG 1/144 and that new one that has the metal frame and pearl/metal finish parts that is in 1/100 scale. Would also love to see the Gundam Barbatos in Perfect Grade!

Twich

Haven't seen any news in regards to something past the HG and NG side. Besides the NG models have a frame already.

After looking at the p-bandai gerbera tetra, it reminded me wishing for an MG Gerbera..

Used to be MG releases were hotly anticipated years ago. Now i look forward to more HG's...

But i do understand that its good not to have too much of something else its MG burnout, and the pricing doesnt help either...

After looking at the p-bandai gerbera tetra, it reminded me wishing for an MG Gerbera..

Used to be MG releases were hotly anticipated years ago. Now i look forward to more HG's...

But i do understand that its good not to have too much of something else its MG burnout, and the pricing doesnt help either...

Guess it depends where you get your MG kits. Right now my 30 kit backlog are 90% MG and then 10% NG/HG.

There's a guy who works in a hobby shop in my build club who gives us 10% discount on any GUNPLA kit, that's kind of contributed to my collection as of late.

I get my gundam kits via a local hobby shop and at times on-line when ii suspect that the kit would be sold out fast.

My backlog is around half of yours, with only 1 MG pending ie the MG AGE-1. I was gonna save that for a special day but it never came lol....

I have however been collecting more p-bandai HG's then i would have tot i would.

But back to MG's it seems to be kinda on the back burner, there isnt an MG kit to be excited abt. I thk the hype for the altron was good, but it sorta got taken over after release by all the IBO hg's, 1/100's and RE's and hi-def barbatos hype....

So thats why i guess am thinking something like a MG gerbera would be nice...

I personally like the bad guys and cannon fodder good guys more than most of the gundams so I usually buy the hg kits, but lately bandai has been cutting too many corners to make me happy with the hg line. Not too long ago they had really good hand sets and better ways of handling the bottoms of the feet. I was thinking about getting more mg kits, but lately I hadn't seen anything of interest.

I guess MG just dont sell like that anymore. Bandai just go where the money goes. I agree with electric indigo though, I mostly snap built and paint the outer armor and exposed inner frame. Not paying for the inner frame is a plus for me. At the end of the day, what I need from the frame is the articulation.

Thats what i used to thk too..why have inner skeletons when u most of the time its covered.

But i guess that was only part of the mystique cos you would look forward to the gimmicks such as how the cockpit opens or other gimmicks specific to the Mobile suit.

My thoughts did change a lil when i saw bandai start doing movable armor parts esp the thighs on the 78-2 or the nu. And not to mention the sazabi exposed armor gimmicks. Then the inner frame added a sense of robotness if thats a word..😜

I havent gotten any RE's so cant comment on their posability vs an mg.

Now am missing the days when patrickgrade would go into his mg reviews on youtube...

Hmm am wondering why mg isnt that exciting to me anymore... Perhaps the choice of ms as well as the price and the fact that i cant afford them at the moment has got me...

Edited by seti88

I think having a moving inner frame is what draws me to Bandais kits. Its almost if you where assembling a robot by yourself. I think Bandai wants to reduce the number of MG kits they release over the year to make them something special (like the V2, Hi-Nu, Nu, Sazabi) with lots of gimmicks, waterslide decals and so on. I'm ok with that especially if the RG offer a quick shot of Gunpla since I don't want to have a gigantic backlog of kits. So one MG kit per year is fine for me.

I think having a moving inner frame is what draws me to Bandais kits. Its almost if you where assembling a robot by yourself. I think Bandai wants to reduce the number of MG kits they release over the year to make them something special (like the V2, Hi-Nu, Nu, Sazabi) with lots of gimmicks, waterslide decals and so on. I'm ok with that especially if the RG offer a quick shot of Gunpla since I don't want to have a gigantic backlog of kits. So one MG kit per year is fine for me.

Completely agree!!! I enjoy the process of building them. While completely covered "I know" the inner frame is there.

I have my Perfect Grade Titans RX-178 with no pannels/armor attached on display to show the inner frame.