Well I'm back in the building. Last kit for me was a PG strike, back when it was new. But the urge to build hit me and I ordered these two and some basic surplus.

post-7418-0-51742800-1454072745_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hal9000

While the Freedom is one of my favourite designs from SEED, I'm not terribly excited about this MG, the first release years ago was and still is a pretty decent kit. Not too sure why the shoulder cannons seem to open up, don't remember that happening in the anime...

What is exciting though, is that Freedom 2.0 could finally mean we're getting a MG Justice. Finally! I actually prefer the design of Justice, and I never understood why Justice never got a MG release, though the Inifinite Justice (IMHO infinitely inferior) did get one... Till now, the only decent rendition of Justice was the great RG version... here's hoping MG Justice gets an announcement sooner rather than later.

(I'm also holding out for an MG Assault Buster V2!)

What is exciting though, is that Freedom 2.0 could finally mean we're getting a MG Justice. Finally!

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the Freedom, Justice, and Strike Freedom. I know they all have those wing things... And that's about it. Lol.

Knowing Bandai's current trend, the assault buster will probably be a webshop exclusive a la the WoL effect parts. :/

While the Freedom is one of my favourite designs from SEED, I'm not terribly excited about this MG, the first release years ago was and still is a pretty decent kit. Not too sure why the shoulder cannons seem to open up, don't remember that happening in the anime...

What is exciting though, is that Freedom 2.0 could finally mean we're getting a MG Justice. Finally! I actually prefer the design of Justice, and I never understood why Justice never got a MG release, though the Inifinite Justice (IMHO infinitely inferior) did get one... Till now, the only decent rendition of Justice was the great RG version... here's hoping MG Justice gets an announcement sooner rather than later.

Freedom 2.0 is cool and all, but Athrun needs more love.

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the Freedom, Justice, and Strike Freedom. I know they all have those wing things... And that's about it. Lol.

Freedom has wings, Justice is pink and has a jet pack, Strike Freedom is Freedom with more gold. pretty simple to follow if you ask me.

New MG Freedom 2.0 images.

Untitled-59.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

So they added more stuff that sticks out or opens for v2.0. It seems like the design got busier with all the bumps and parts that open up. If they ever produce a Freedom Master Archive, we'll probably see them justify v2.0 as Freedom from SEED Destiny. That's how they justified all the various RX-78 and Zeta model versions we've seen over the years. :D

Knowing Bandai's current trend, the assault buster will probably be a webshop exclusive a la the WoL effect parts. :/

The Justice is pink, the Freedom has a shield and the Strike Freedom a gold frame. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh, you're lining in graphite? Neat. You don't see that too often.

yeah, i'm going to try leg pencil and the other grey gundam marker wash and see what i like better

Freedom 2.0 is cool and all, but Athrun needs more love.

yes, more justice!! there's no MG regular justice,

Athrun, the true hero of SEED, while Kira is just going Emo. Athrun saves the day =)

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, it's hard to control uploading direct from an iphone, you don't see any rotation options

anyways, progress log:

cutting RG decals is a pain bc the decals are so small but worth it:

yUWskSTl.jpg2N1hHYLl.jpg

alright almost finished core fighter =D

djLmEill.jpg

HiRWWACl.jpg

4POC4tQl.jpg

Xi1Xm5Rl.jpg

Wow I forgot how small 1:144 was.

Also wow I need to panel line and decal my strike, any one know of any good water slide decals for it?

Edit I fixed the rotation.

post-7418-0-73799100-1454199410_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hal9000

Guest davidwhangchoi

alright!!! finished core fighter: Finally! it took a while so please don't mind the collage of pics :)

XPpHsuuh.jpg
pOQCTM1h.jpg
1nljvNWh.jpg
onMklLvh.jpg
oNtiNKYh.jpg
cGI1oqyh.jpg
Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just finished a couple of A.E.U.G. suits this week: the MSA-003 Nemo and the RMS-099 RIck Dias. The Nemo is a very solid kit, despite lacking double-jointed elbows (making it less articulated than its predecessor, the RMS-179 GM II). The old-school green/blue color scheme looks a lot better than on the box art. Of all the standard grunt suits, the Nemo ranks high among my favorites.

The Rick Dias, on the other hand, is in desperate need of a Revive version, as this kit is riddled with poor designs from the beam pistol design to the poor gate placement that results in numerous nub marks. But then again, I paid less than US$15 each, so no big loss.

nemo-rickdias01_zpsqh26b4hq.jpg

nemo-rickdias02_zps6rpxl8xm.jpg

RE Proto Dom, ZEE from the Gundam Eclipse forums pointed out a design lineage you might find interesting: http://gundameclipse.net/single/?p=701170&t=5710477

(EDIT: Also, note the Proto Dom has two different, interchangeable chest plates. One resembles a Zaku chest piece, the other a Gouf.)

The more I see of the new Barbatos design, the more I'm disliking it. The original design already looked like a ground-based mobile suit, so space scenes looked awkward, but this "Full Burner" version still looks half-baked. Perhaps when the seventh or eighth forms get released and we get to see the suit entirely redesigned for space combat, it'll look more appealing. Those shoulders, forearm guns, and side skirts would look awesome on a different, more spartan design, though.

Edited by kajnrig

Finally got the HG Gundam The Origin Char's Zaku II. For a HG Zaku II, the detail and articulation are amazing - almost at the same level as the RG kit. Gate placement is excellent, minimizing the visual amount of nub marks. The weapons are simply badass. The marking sheet has the option to decorate the kit like the RG version; for now, I'll save the extra markings in case Bandai decides to do a Revive version of the HGUC kit.

Outside of the RG kit, previous 1/144 scale Zaku II kits had difficulty doing the iconic Char kick. This one's not perfect, but very close enough.

charzakuorigin01_zpsjktwep1d.jpg

charzakuorigin02_zpsq9nwkx1c.jpg

charzakuorigin03_zpswgrklbm0.jpg

charzakuorigin04_zpsgmilizrd.jpg

charzakuorigin05_zps5k6qefzd.jpg

charzakuorigin06_zpstn8dxzm7.jpg