Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Haven't seen it properly so I must reserve judgement, but what I saw was pretty nuts. Considering the sauce material I would be more inclined to just put it in the category of "Philip K. Dick was one of the most insane people alive of all time"

To be fair, he did do better stories though.

And the insanity has

since his death.....

Taksraven

That would explain a lot... :lol:

• 1 month later...

"And the moral of this story is this is not what to do if a bird sh*ts on you." - Bruce Dickinson

Chemical Wedding (a.k.a. Crowley)

Whoever said this was a good movie was either in complete denial or must have been on some bad drugs, because Chemical Wedding is simply one of the worst attempts at horror cinema ever. The acting is atrocious, the dialogue is pathetic, the special effects are laughable and the soundtrack is extremely random. Bruce Dickinson may be an excellent singer and songwriter, but just like Steve Harris on directing Iron Maiden videos, writing movie scripts is not for him. Even die-hard Iron Maiden fans should avoid this turkey.

Rating: D-

Definately agree about those cheap films such as 'Alien vs hunter' and 'the terminators' lol...dont even watch the trailers,the cases are enough but may cause blindness and loss of sainity *hack*.

as for series, I guess I will say 'Farscape',the first few eps where decent but then it kinda slipped. Im sure theres worse but thats what came first came to mind.

OMG just saw one on cable that I'd almost forgotten about [thankfully]

Anybody remember Arena[1989]?

Definitely grade-B cheese. But the starring cast features some staples of the sci-fi film industry, like Hamilton Camp, Claudia Christian, Marc Alaimo, and Armin Shimerman. Still doesn't save it from being a pretty crappy movie. But if you like dude-in-rubber-suit alien action, then this is yer cup o' tea.

I've been looking for the trailer to this movie forever. It's so stupid looking!

Too many bad puppets in Farscape.

Just so people don't get confused.

BAD SF PUPPET FROM FARSCAPE....

rygel_season1.jpg

AN EXAMPLE OF A GOOD SF PUPPET.....

aliens-queen2.jpg

Taksraven

That might be a little unfair, the Alien only had to be seen mostly briefly in one movie. Farscapes major cast puppets had to be seen in most episodes of, what, a five season show? Also, character can go a long way to making even a bright green sock with ping-pong balls for eyes into a great personality...

rygel_season1.jpg

aliens-queen2.jpg

Taksraven

You're forgetting that one of the most famous sci-fi puppets ever made didn't look too realistic either despite a large budget and rather extensive special fx crew.

Yoda-ep2.jpg

You're forgetting that one of the most famous sci-fi puppets ever made didn't look too realistic either despite a large budget and rather extensive special fx crew.

Yoda-ep2.jpg

I don't think that the Yoda puppet ever looked that bad. And I personally think that the puppet could emote more than the CG version. (Of course, most of what was good about Yoda was down to Frank Oz's stunning voice acting)

Taksraven

rygel_season1.jpg

aliens-queen2.jpg

Taksraven

Hey, don't knok Henson Studios (which, by the way also made Yoda)

Anybody who can literally piss napalm in a very humorous way is okay in my book (I'm speaking about Rigel, here).

I remember somthing with Dennis Quaid where he played some sort of intergalactic truck driver who had animals grown as cubes as a payload, he got mixed up with the wrong sorts and turned out to be a hero. This was definately not Innerspace or Enemy Mine, which were light years better.

I remember somthing with Dennis Quaid where he played some sort of intergalactic truck driver who had animals grown as cubes as a payload, he got mixed up with the wrong sorts and turned out to be a hero. This was definately not Innerspace or Enemy Mine, which were light years better.

Sounds like Space Truckers, but that had Dennis Hopper not Dennis Quaid

Why?

He's absolutely right, so why punish him for it?

Not completely. Universe is the only thing I have seen with the Stargate name on it that is any good.

Taksraven

Not completely. Universe is the only thing I have seen with the Stargate name on it that is any good.

Taksraven

I hate universe, it's so boring. (it's like BSG without any interesting characters or genuine conflict or ANYTHING).

SG-1 and Atlantis were both significantly better.

Not too soon in my book

the trailers alone make me wanna pass that movie

Treehugging hippie crap coupled to "men of War"

I'm a moderate/independent sort of guy, but the amount of beat you over the head self-hate in Avatar is suffocating.

Not too soon in my book

the trailers alone make me wanna pass that movie

Treehugging hippie crap coupled to "men of War"

I don't think that indigenous peoples wanting to fight off technologically advanced oppressors should be considered "Treehugging hippie crap". In the real world a lot of people even today are engaged in such struggles.

Taksraven

ok now after ive seen a few episodes Im saying StarGate Universe so far. I enjoyed the other series (SG-1,Atlantis),but nothing is happening in this series. its just...nothing.

Its character-driven, not action or plot-driven, so to many it would seem like nothing. I enjoy it though.

Taksraven

Its character-driven, not action or plot-driven, so to many it would seem like nothing. I enjoy it though.

Taksraven

when its on,i put it on as 'background noise' so if something happens i can look around, I can see its character driven but most of the characters arent that interesting,Its one of those series where you have to be in the right mood to enjoy i feel. :)

when its on,i put it on as 'background noise' so if something happens i can look around, I can see its character driven but most of the characters arent that interesting,Its one of those series where you have to be in the right mood to enjoy i feel. :)

I agree that you have to be in the mood. Its a good late-nite SF show, in the same way that Babylon 5 used to be, thats probably another reason why i'm enjoying it......

Taksraven