Yamato 1/2000 & 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

Jefuemon

BTW the 1:3000 SDF-1 is still way bigger than the 1:48 VF-1 - 40cm long SDF-1 ship mode v.s. 29cm long VF-1 fighter mode.

But what about in Attacker mode? Is the SDF-1 gonna "look" taller than a 1/48 battroid?

Nothing personal or anything, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine when people forget to account for the length of the main guns.

About a third of that 40cm length is the main guns, so I'm a little worried that the Macross will come up a bit short when standing next to a 1/48 battroid.

As for this latest SDF-1 news? I'm still holding out for a TV-style version. ;)

I'm disappointed the mass production appears to be down-sized, but if we get it at a reasonable price I'll get over it. I'm hoping that it's at least as tall as the Quarter, bridge to bridge. I would be perfectly fine with that. If it's only that big, it better be comparable in price, tho. I was ready and willing to spend $500 when it was huge, not so much if it's only as large as the Quarter. Less so if it winds up smaller than that, even.

They can't "sold out" on what is made after the customer put down $100 down payment.

From the source of the updated image above:

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/2010/05/tp0385.html

1/3000 完全変形 SDF-1マクロス」 2010年末発売予定 価格未定

yes they can because yamato only accepted a limited number of orders.

I think the size (1/3000) is good. It is the matter of the cost now. Hope it will be under 20000 yen.

I'm with you Snake.

20000/23000 yen and I'll bite.

The 1/3000 scale is 33% smaller than the 1/2000 scale. If the 1/2000 version is around $2000, should the 1/3000 scale at least cost 33% less? But that still means the 1/3000 scale will have to be less than $1333. But this price is just an extrapolation. I expect it to be around $500 or 50,000yen.

The 1/3000 scale is 33% smaller than the 1/2000 scale. If the 1/2000 version is around $2000, should the 1/3000 scale at least cost 33% less? But that still means the 1/3000 scale will have to be less than $1333. But this price is just an extrapolation. I expect it to be around $500 or 50,000yen.

Doesn't really work like that either way. If it's 2/3 the size then it's 2/3 the height, 2/3 the width and 2/3 the depth. So 8/27 ratio volumetrically. Which puts it into the 70 000jpy range...

However the 1/2000 is HDR and the 1/3000 is ABS, at least I expect so anyway. That will be the main influence as I understand it.

So 50 000jpy could actually be roughly right. :huh:

Edited by Tober

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Will the 1/3000 be a kit similar to their unpainted VF-1S?

Has Graham even commented since the newest set of pics?

Doesn't really work like that either way. If it's 2/3 the size then it's 2/3 the height, 2/3 the width and 2/3 the depth. So 8/27 ratio volumetrically. Which puts it into the 70 000jpy range...

However the 1/2000 is HDR and the 1/3000 is ABS, at least I expect so anyway. That will be the main influence as I understand it.

So 50 000jpy could actually be roughly right. :huh:

Just in case anyone is taking comments like these seriously, this reasoning leads us to believe the 1/48 with GBP armour cost about $800 usd. I know I didn't pay that much for mine.

Just in case anyone is taking comments like these seriously, this reasoning leads us to believe the 1/48 with GBP armour cost about $800 usd. I know I didn't pay that much for mine.

Point was: Scale to cost ratio isn't applicable.

Like it or not, they are going to release the 1/2000 HDP kit again due to popular demand, start taking preorder on 5/17.

SOURCE

Hmmm... interesting. There is a sentence in there that says consideration of possible upgrade parts for the 1/2000 prototype.

"最大級の組立キットとしてのポテンシャルを探るため、1/2000サイズならではのオプションパーツ類の展開も企画検討開始しています"

This is translation from Worldlingo. Did I translate this correctly???

I would like to have the TV version too.

Smart move, Yamato, smart move - some losers like me won't be able to resist getting the TV version later even if I have got the movie one.

Given that both are affordable, of course.

Edited by ff95gj

Front view of 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

ap20100516113231381.jpg

NICEEEEE B))

Thanks for posting that picture. I've been waiting for Yamato to tackle the SDF-1, after a decade it's here. Hopefully at a more resonable price, but chances of that are slim, with no competitors. I mean Bandai has the MF line but even that is not a direct competitor to what Yamato is making. And Toynami, enough said.

I apologize for going on a tangent, but I'm loving the fact we have a new SDF-1 coming... :D

They need to work some more on the arms. It seems they are not paying attenion to the line art of the Macross, well you know what I mean when you review you own copy of DYRL.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet