Yamato 1/2000 & 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1

Jefuemon

Interesting that it only states it's a replica of the 1/2000 model... But not it's own scale..

It's around half in height.. So it's a 1/4000 I reckon?

Is it about the same size as the DX MQ?

Edited by ff95gj

cheap! 1000 USD!

That'd make sense. Half the size, half the price of the prototype...

Still too rich for my blood if its going to be around the $1k USD range, though. But let's wait for more official info on the price before we start panicking/griping about it. smile.gif

That'd make sense. Half the size, half the price of the prototype...

Still too rich for my blood if its going to be around the $1k USD range, though. But let's wait for more official info on the price before we start panicking/griping about it. smile.gif

Half in dimension... Should yield in 1/8 in volume... So I guess 1/8 of the price. ;)

I love you, Macrossworld.

Someone offhandedly mentions a price as a joke and suddenly it's set in stone that's what the price will be.

You do know that companies LOVE that sort of thing, right?

"Well, sir, we WERE only going to charge $100 for it, but all these geeks on this forum suggested $500!"

"Make it so!"

Well, from the source of the SDF1 image:

http://genteiichiba.livedoor.biz/archives/51078303.html

なお撮影禁止でしたが、やまとWEB限定で「1/60 ゼントラーディ軍服SET(予価8295円)」、「リガードH.D.Pキット(予価39900円)」が展示されていました。

Photo not allowed, Yamato web limited "1/60 Zentradi uniform set 8295 yen", "Regult H.D.P Kit 39900 yen".

BTW the 1:3000 SDF-1 is still way bigger than the 1:48 VF-1 - 40cm long SDF-1 ship mode v.s. 29cm long VF-1 fighter mode.

Edited by CF18

WHAT?!?!?!

It looks like a 1/60 regult with zentraedi soldier. Tell me you photoshopped that in there.

Nope!

Well, from the source of the SDF1 image:

http://genteiichiba.livedoor.biz/archives/51078303.html

なお撮影禁止でしたが、やまとWEB限定で「1/60 ゼントラーディ軍服SET(予価8295円)」、「リガードH.D.Pキット(予価39900円)」が展示されていました。

Photo not allowed, Yamato web limited "1/60 Zentradi uniform set 8295 yen", "Regult H.D.P Kit 39900 yen".

Interesting. So they're taking the lesson learned from the SDF-1 and running with it, huh? More web-exclusive resin models. Fun.

Photo not allowed, Yamato web limited "1/60 Zentradi uniform set 8295 yen",

That would be the humanoid figure to the left of the pod, right? Cool, Max mandollrobot here we come!

Actually the mass prod SDF looks to be a much more manageable size. A bit bigger than a large 1/60, but still enough to actually fit in your display, without crowding out everything else. Basically, it doesn't need it's own coffee table as an altar. -_-.

Still crossing fingers on price though.

they must be kidding, 40K for a kit set?????????? Macross collectors in Japan must be seriously rich for this to keep happening. I will have to stick to the vinyl toy if I want another Regult.

Edited by regult

Actually the mass prod SDF looks to be a much more manageable size. A bit bigger than a large 1/60, but still enough to actually fit in your display, without crowding out everything else. Basically, it doesn't need it's own coffee table as an altar. -_-.

Still crossing fingers on price though.

SDF-1 with an altar sounds right in an awesome way :lol:

This smaller scale SDF-1 is great news, but did they just shrink the design or did they make improvements to it?

The size reduction might actually be beneficial to the toy, getting rid of the floppiness we've seen on the large one. The prototype kit looked like it was eventually gonna collapse under its own weight.

And will it still come with microscopic Valks?