Machete starring Danny Trejo, Deniro, Seagal, Alba, etc!

UN Spacy

^_^^_^^_^

Machete trailer from Grindhouse (to refresh your memories) HERE.

It started as a joke, but one of the fake trailers from 2008's "Grindhouse" is becoming a real movie. Robert Rodriguez, the director of "Desperado," "Sin City" and the "Spy Kids" trilogy, has begun work on "Machete," which began as a preview that ran before his "Planet Terror" segment of the double-feature he made with Quentin Tarantino.

For the full-length movie, Rodriguez has assembled one of the most eclectic casts ever: Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Don Johnson and Lindsay Lohan. They will join the stars of the original trailer: Danny Trejo, Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin.

In the movie, Machete (Trejo), a former Mexican Federales, is hired to assassinate a corrupt senator (De Niro). But then he is double-crossed and pursued by a government agent (Alba). Lohan plays a gun-wielding socialite who comes to Machete's aid, and Seagal plays a drug lord from his past. Filming has already begun in Austin, TX, and it will most likely hit theaters next year.

In the movie, Machete (Trejo), a former Mexican Federales, is hired to assassinate a corrupt senator (De Niro). But then he is double-crossed and pursued by a government agent (Alba).

:blink::blink:

Uh, I think it's safe to say most people, if pursued by Alba, will let her catch you..... :lol:

I'm in!

I also heard that Eli Roth was making Thanksgiving, so that could be another pair of fun films. I hope that they keep getting directors to have some fun making fake trailers and make a series out of it. This could be a great farm system for getting original horror films started instead of the perpetual remakes.

I gotta find out where in town they are shooting this film. I'd be awesome the see Jessica Alba in person.

Nicholas Cage was Fu Man Chu.

Would you hide outside her house naked? I bet she would love that.

WTF!? Steven Segal???!!!! I though that dude retired from acting already. :huh:

Anyways....I know its nmainly gonna feature Danny Trejo, but I'm still hoping we get to see Seagal open a can of whup ass......

....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMu2xNBpyQc&feature=PlayList&p=6644993F4C5ED544&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=11

....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_efS4lfhD4&feature=PlayList&p=6644993F4C5ED544&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=12

Segeal has been doing mostly direct to DVD films, like his Blade knock off.

... And as much as I like "terrible" straight to DVD action movies, they have been terrible.

He is fat and he wears a wig.

• 11 months later...

I gotta find out where in town they are shooting this film. I'd be awesome the see Jessica Alba in person.

Nicholas Cage was Fu Man Chu.

Did you ever find out? My brother's ex was able to get on as an extra. I think there is a scene with a bunch of protesters. I was told that she was holding a Mexican flag and shouting.

LOL, apparently (in certain xenophobic quarters of the US), this movie is generating a lot of controversy.

Also, didn't realize from trailer #1 that Frank "I can fly a plane" Lapidus (Jeff Fahey) from LOST is the Senator guy.

LOL, apparently (in certain xenophobic quarters of the US), this movie is generating a lot of controversy.

Good, the best thing this country has going for it is the fact that we have hard working mexican immigrants. Those red neck idiots ought to go to Europe and see what kind of immigrants they get. WE have a MUCH better deal.

Good, the best thing this country has going for it is the fact that we have hard working mexican immigrants. Those red neck idiots ought to go to Europe and see what kind of immigrants they get. WE have a MUCH better deal.

I don't think Europe will take them.

But for the sake of fun: they love guns, hate big government, and dislike taxation of any shape and form.

Somalia seems like the perfect place! There is:

1) no government (of any kind)

2) zero taxes

3) and carrying an assault rifle is mandatory.

• 3 weeks later...

The main reason why the film went into production is because Rodriguez wanted to make a statement regarding the recent controvesial Arizona legislation. You know, the one that gives local police powers to enforce federal legislaton that is already on the books.

The same one that a federal judge with her head up her ass decided to strike down parts of?

The main reason why the film went into production is because Rodriguez wanted to make a statement regarding the recent controvesial Arizona legislation. You know, the one that gives local police powers to enforce federal legislaton that is already on the books.

The same one that a federal judge with her head up her ass decided to strike down parts of?

Or so might be the case, if the film weren't planned before all that hoopla.

Edited by Keith

Yeah Machete was his idea from like 3 years ago, then he said it was going to go straight-to-dvd. With all the Arizona issues he just rewrote the script to reflect on the current political climate, but the main base of Machete has been there ever since he made Planet Terror as evident by the fake trailer he made way back then.

• 3 weeks later...