Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I just got mine yesterday and I haven't tried the stand BUT... even in the always-useful FlexiStand, it's a pain to balance the VF-25G because of the rifle. I guess I'll go with your improvised card holder! :p

Hey there, GG! Just a few words of caution: If you're getting the card holder for the 25G, do be aware that you will be placing stress on the big rifle, even though it uses 2 pegs instead of 1. I'm more comfortable using it on the 'naked' 25S (without rifle). II'm thinking of drilling a big hole through the holder so that I can attach Ozma's rifle to his jet, but the amount of clearance needed is not as easy to determine as it looks. Might take the better part of a Saturday afternoon to get it right.

Man, that sucks that the crotch armor has to be removed for non-battroid modes. I guess the same thing will have to be done on the full armor as well :(

Also, is there nothing other than a slight bit of friction keeping the hip armor from falling off or something? I mean from peoples' description, it doesn't really sound like it clips on. Has anyone experienced any paint rubbing off due to the armor?

Man, that sucks that the crotch armor has to be removed for non-battroid modes. I guess the same thing will have to be done on the full armor as well :(

Also, is there nothing other than a slight bit of friction keeping the hip armor from falling off or something? I mean from peoples' description, it doesn't really sound like it clips on. Has anyone experienced any paint rubbing off due to the armor?

I thought drifand said that that may not be the case? Anyone with an exact confirmation on this?

I tried transforming from Super Battroid to Super Fighter last night to see if the groin armor could remain attached in fighter mode.

The bottom tab on the groin armour can definitely not remain attached as the hinge it goes over in battroid mode is folded closed in fighter mode, so there is no space for it.

I still can't give a definitive answer, as I didn't want to try to force the groin armour into the very limited space available and risk cracking the plastic or scratching paint.

It seems like it may just go, but it would be an extrenmely tioght fit and I'd be worried about possibly breaking one of the armoor's tabs.

Drifand, can you confirm you did transform to fighter mode with the groin armor still attached?

Graham

The hip armor has two teeny, tiny little tabs, that fit into extremely shallow little slots, one of those slots being the bottom of the hip gun joint. Basicallly, the tabs are useless, being only slightly better than friction fit.

Graham

Hi all,

Yes, I did transform the SP battroid to fighter with groin armor attached. All my shots are 'that way'. Perhaps I simply didn't know any better. It certainly did not FEEL impossible to have the groin armor attached in F-mode. If there was any fit problem, I would say it's due to the long rifle's front peg not aligning as well.

Look at the neck! The proudly held-high chin!

3378445846_1ab36694eb_b.jpg

More reason for me to get into the DX line, now that the price is right (in HK), and also because of the floppiness of the model kits with super parts.

The model kits are still great to look at, but I really dare not to transform them.

Look at the neck! The proudly held-high chin!

More reason for me to get into the DX line, now that the price is right (in HK), and also because of the floppiness of the model kits with super parts.

The model kits are still great to look at, but I really dare not to transform them.

Nice, even if that is the only improvement they made to the 25S (so far looks to be as the head lasers are still crooked), that looks so much better. The armor pack looks really awesome.

I was afraid that with the much larger boosters that stick even further out from the back of the battroid, that the toy might not be able to stand properly, but the pic shows it standing without anything visibly propping it up so that's a good sign.

Can anyone tell if there really is landing gear inside the leg armor? I couldn't tell from the closeup pic a couple pages back (seems like the shin area could be hinged to open up for something), but the fighter mode pic seems to only show the front gear deployed and the rear just resting on the leg armor itself.

The neck in that new pic is definitely much longer than the standard neck. If you look closely, it looks segmented. Big improvement on the standard neck IMO.

Also, looking at the new pic of the fighter mode w/Armored pack, it looks like the tail fins do not have enough room to fold down.

However, I then looked at the rear view pic of the battroid wearing the Armored pack and the tail fins do appear to be folded in that pic.

Graham

I'm not sure whether they only changed the neck as it looks like they changed the head sculpt to make it thinner and less broad as well-- bendy lasers are still there though. Overall, it still is an improvement over the original! Also, the chest and shoulder parts are just the Super parts, not the Armoured parts, as evidenced by the lack of fold down armour over the centre chest and the shoulders.

Hopefully more improvements can be made to the toy such as the wing dihedral and bend before they release it in June. Fixing the wings would also open the door to a revised VF-25G and RVF-25 release ;) I've also noticed a paint mistake on the VF-25G toy--- the bottom of the thigh piece should be white, but it is blue. Shown in attached pictures (credits to Mr. March's site for the lineart photo):

post-10385-1237806581_thumb.jpg

post-10385-1237806587_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060

The neck in that new pic is definitely much longer than the standard neck. If you look closely, it looks segmented. Big improvement on the standard neck IMO.

Also, looking at the new pic of the fighter mode w/Armored pack, it looks like the tail fins do not have enough room to fold down.

However, I then looked at the rear view pic of the battroid wearing the Armored pack and the tail fins do appear to be folded in that pic.

Graham

I'm more curious about how they are going to implement the rear landing gear on the armoured pack. Will the original landing gear be long enough? Probably not. So we are left with either new landing gear that is attached to the armoured pack itself, or detachable landing gear ala the 1/72 Yamato YF-21. I'm hoping for the former.

Edited by edwin3060

Japan review, with good pose

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dxf02vf25g/01.html

The hip armor has two teeny, tiny little tabs, that fit into extremely shallow little slots, one of those slots being the bottom of the hip gun joint. Basicallly, the tabs are useless, being only slightly better than friction fit.

Mod idea: Add 1mm thick magnet (example) inside the armor and body, if there is enough room.

Edited by CF18

NIce pictures! I'm really wanting one now....stupid life expenses!!! :angry:

Love this picture:

FTW!!! I'm not even a Batt mode fan but that is pure Awesome!!!

post-265-1237819858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

I'm not sure whether they only changed the neck as it looks like they changed the head sculpt to make it thinner and less broad as well-- bendy lasers are still there though. Overall, it still is an improvement over the original! Also, the chest and shoulder parts are just the Super parts, not the Armoured parts, as evidenced by the lack of fold down armour over the centre chest and the shoulders.

Hopefully more improvements can be made to the toy such as the wing dihedral and bend before they release it in June. Fixing the wings would also open the door to a revised VF-25G and RVF-25 release ;) I've also noticed a paint mistake on the VF-25G toy--- the bottom of the thigh piece should be white, but it is blue. Shown in attached pictures (credits to Mr. March's site for the lineart photo):

it is white here....

:blink:

10080155a.jpg

it is white here....

:blink:

10080155a.jpg

Yes, but the actual toy photos that have been posted clearly show that it is not white--- so I guess there is an error in the production version of the toy? I don't have the actual toy yet, I'm basing my case off the many toy photos that have already been posted:

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dxf02vf25g/01.html

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20090321

Maybe Drifand and Graham can chime in on this issue, since they already have the toy.

This in no way detracts from the playability of the toy and is hidden with super parts on, but it is probably the biggest qc/production issue with the toy so far, barring isolated incidents of screw breakage-- people should know about this before they decide to buy the first run of the toy or wait for the second run (which might fix the improper paint application)

Edited by edwin3060

I agree

I just found it really strange that they messed up

as it was right on the proto

anyway no big deal I am going to fix it on mine

a bit of tamiya tape and a good white spray application should erase that mistake

Edited by Ghostkiller