yamato's next move

arrow

It's most definitely Yamato's version of an SDF-1 offering...this is a no-brainer. And since there has never been any "official" launch coverage of the DYRL version, it's most likely going to be the TV-series version. Although I could be wrong about that...considering how Kawamori and Co. have tried their level-best to cobble together all versions of Macross into one universe (DYRL & Zero being "in-universe" movies, TV-style Zentraedi facing off with DYRL-style Zentraedi on Gala 4, TV SDF-1 refitted into DYRL SDF-1, etc.). But as a purist, I'm betting the farm that it'll be the classic TV SDF...

A report I'm reading at Japanese bbs says -

• release of 1/60 Elintseeker around Fall
  • release of Armored Valk (GBP) around end of year
  • more repaints of Mac+ Valks to come
  • no plans in immediate future for VF-4 (but they are looking into it since it ranks high in their polls)
  • they may have plans for a smaller size perfect transformation series (around 1/100 scale)
  • they are working to make the boxes smaller

A report I'm reading at Japanese bbs says -

• release of 1/60 Elintseeker around Fall
  • release of Armored Valk (GBP) around end of year
  • more repaints of Mac+ Valks to come
  • no plans in immediate future for VF-4 (but they are looking into it since it ranks high in their polls)
  • they may have plans for a smaller size perfect transformation series (around 1/100 scale)
  • they are working to make the boxes smaller

This is what i call a Good news list!!! Thanks Vifam7!!! B))

2.5 to 3-foot long TV-STYLE SDF-1.

The namesake of the franchise needs to be an imposing sight for the eyes, towering/lording over all of its offspring and charges.

Since I'm nearing the end of my mecha collecting, only this (and maybe some 1/60 Regults) would pull me out of semi-retirement.

For my next prediction, I'm guessing the Southern California housing market will rebound sometime in July of 2011.

...Better buy up some properties in Northern California then. :lol:

And by "rebound," I mean folks will be back at their break-even points. :rolleyes:

Reaction:

TO YAMATO:

A)

1:2000 SDF-1: good job. Please don't issue it until next January so that I don't have to become a gay prostitute just to buy it.

B)

Mac+ Repaints: YES! Very good idea. These are great molds, but how many of the same color can you have? I hope the repaints are interersting and light blue for the YF-19 ;)

C) 1/100 Valkyrie: Understanable in today's economy that you'd start doing this.

Hopefully you will give Toynami and Bandai a run for their money here and make some outstanding pieces. I will definitely be interested in them.

GUNDAM VS. VALKYRIE !!! YAY!! :)

Pete

Reaction:

TO YAMATO:

A)

1:2000 SDF-1: good job. Please don't issue it until next January so that I don't have to become a gay prostitute just to buy it.

B)

Mac+ Repaints: YES! Very good idea. These are great molds, but how many of the same color can you have? I hope the repaints are interersting and light blue for the YF-19 ;)

C) 1/100 Valkyrie: Understanable in today's economy that you'd start doing this.

Hopefully you will give Toynami and Bandai a run for their money here and make some outstanding pieces. I will definitely be interested in them.

GUNDAM VS. VALKYRIE !!! YAY!! :)

Pete

Graham has discounted the 1/100 Yamato PT valk line so either Yamato hates him again or it's probably not going to come out. I'm going with the latter.

Also, can we say VF-19A, VF-11C and (maybe) VF-22? Woohoo! For sure the VF-19A and the VF-11C will come out, since the GNU-DOUs for that are out already.

Graham has discounted the 1/100 Yamato PT valk line so either Yamato hates him again or it's probably not going to come out. I'm going with the latter.

The smaller scale PT Valk line is likely something that Yamato is simply considering. It's likely not something that's actually already in the works and probably something they just began swirling ideas for.

Also, the scale is not definite. 1/100 is simply a wild guess.

A smaller size PT Valk line is a good idea. I hope it comes to fruition.

The smaller scale PT Valk line is likely something that Yamato is simply considering. It's likely not something that's actually already in the works and probably something they just began swirling ideas for.

I hope so too! But I like I said previously, I don't think Yamato would want to go into direct competition with Bandai, especially since Bandai has the jump on the 1/100 line and can produce a much wider range of valks (due to having access to more licenses). Unless, Yamato has some amazing new breakproof plastic that works well on such small scales and can make their 1/100 line fully PT.

Graham has said he hasn't heard anything about it from them.

Vostok 7

So... No news about a possible Phalanx or, more importantly, Spartan? No 1/60th Regult mentioned over the weekend? Or Glaug? No GNU-Dou TV version SDF Macross that can run around Daedalusing my other robots in the butt?

After all the excitment (1/2000 SDF-1, 1/60 VT1 , VE1 and 30cm Quarter) in the last few days, I couldn't help there is a bit disappointment without hearing about 1/60 Regult or Glaug.

Yamato must do the VF-4!!! They have no choice ^_^

I've just received the January and February Model Graphix issues with the "Valkyrie Profiles", and the scratchbuild VF-4 is absolutely beautiful!!! I'll post all the scns later!!

Yamato should use this kit as a base for a 1/60 VF-4.

post-557-1235660675_thumb.jpg

post-557-1235660773_thumb.jpg

post-557-1235660720_thumb.jpg

I wonder who was "erased" from this pic, maybe the "Hory Froating Head", or the guy that does the sculpts for Yamato?

Why and who is trying to hide what from us? :lol:

post-557-1235660799_thumb.jpg

Cool!!

I'm sure Yamato is working on it. Why wouldn't they be if they have the license and all? :)

Oh - and I check out this statement by Yamato representatives at the Wondertoymodellovefairaffair Fair:

"We have decided to issue the 1/2000 SDF-1, the 1/60 version 2 line with beautiful things like the 1D and VT-1 and VE, as well as issue perfectly QC repaired Macross Zero VF-0Ss not to mention the VF-4 we are working on now - all this year during the worst economic crisis in the history of the universe. We expect our loyal fans to buy all of this, multiple times over. If you don't, we will close up shop. Thank you."

:)

But seriously - I see the VF-4 in our future :)

Oh - and you know who else I see?

ORGUSS ARMOR FOR VF-1!!

Yes - why not? It would be fun, unique and original and it would work :) I'd get it! Orguss armor Yamato! Please! :)

Pete

Let the speculation begin!

Damn it's nice. Maybe we'll see something like it out some decade. :) It's right up there on my list of probably never happen but really want with the VF-0D. Good news is that I can take a large SDF-1 off my list.....hopefully. :) Now just have to figure out how to afford it. :mellow:

There isn't many more VF's that Yamato can do now after the VF-11 comes out and the new VF-1 line in 1/60.

The VF-0D and the Reactive Armor are something they really should make as well as the VF-4.

I don't understand why Yamato hasn't already made a VF-0D, i mean it was shown just as much as the VF-0S if not more.

There isn't many more VF's that Yamato can do now after the VF-11 comes out and the new VF-1 line in 1/60.

The VF-0D and the Reactive Armor are something they really should make as well as the VF-4.

I don't understand why Yamato hasn't already made a VF-0D, i mean it was shown just as much as the VF-0S if not more.

You wonder if Yamato has been hesitant about doing more VF-0 fighters due to the horrible reputation they earned, maybe they feel people will be to timid to buy them....? I don't really know, just a shot in the dark. But if your sales drop on a certain item, and the rep is bad, you reconsider investing more money for it. After all, your in this to make a profit, Not charity to toy collectors.

But you have to admit, Yamato has kept a very low pro with the VF-0's, Between exploding/cracking shoulders. floppy wings with the SV-51 line. Even the reissued VF-0S was not loudly advertised. And never a clear cut word as to whether Shins 0A was truly fixed, only a 50/50 shot. I love the VF-0, I have 2 of them. but at the current asking price, the hassle of broken pieces & replacement parts. I'll pass for now.

However if they go back to the drawing board, a full re-release. all new design as was rumored to be. A VF-0D and the Reactive Armor. I'll save some $$$ for that!!!

And yes, the VF-4!!!!!!!!

Welcome to being the third comany that has a 1/100 valk line, Yamato!

B)

Because the purple 1/72 YF-21 needs to make a reappearance...

Reaction:

TO YAMATO:

A)

I think that there's a part of you that secretly wants it in December. ;)

Are there any Vlaks from the games that they could do that would be worthwhile? I mean after a VF-4 and/or a VF-0D what could they do? If not does it finally seem like a good time to do a Glaug and/or a Reguld? They are doing the 1/2000 SDF-1 which I thought they would never do.

If they did do any mecha from the games I would love if they did a VF-22 but do they have the rights to any Macross 7 Valks?