What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

I'm currently watching Bleach on CN.

One of the better dubs out there.

I was suprised that the actor who does Ichigo is the same one who did the voicework for The Last Remnant's Rush Sykes.

The dubbing in Bleach is ok. I actually got interested in Bleach way back in the day when it started airing on CN as well, though I no longer watch the anime, the manga is plenty good for me. In my opinion, the best story arc is still the Soul Society Rescue... the stuff in the middle following that kind of sucked. The current manga arc however is giving it a run for its money but it's yet to conclude :) .

Planetes. It is Patlabor on TV in Space. This is a very good thing. Buy it, because like Patlabor on TV, I've been told that it sold roughly minus two copies, and supporting this sort of excellent stuff might mean Bandai will see fit to release Turn-A Gundam at some point before the heat death of the Universe.

You copy?

Okay, what's with the Zentradi drummer and not speaking. I've seen a mic in front of her when she is drumming...but she has yet to speak?

Idk about the mic. that may have been a blunder on the animators part or its for her drums. She says maybe 3 lines in the whole series.

I was just about to ask if there's some new songs coming...but Mylene just started singing this new one when here and Basara are closed off while at the beach in Episode 7. And Basara's a tool towards Mylene, and then he saves her all lovingly. What a jerk.

So...are there more songs coming from Fire Bomber??? Please say yes. :unsure:

Thats kinda why I don't like Basara and M7.

Yes a few more. But you have to endure Planet dance for a majority of the series.

And who the hell is this blonde girl that is always just about to approach Basara and then get's cockblocked?

I still want to know who she is myself. They never answer that question. :angry:

But on a good note Captain Maximilian Jenius does come out PWN everything at one point in the series using the VF-22.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I still want to know who she is myself. They never answer that question. :angry:

But on a good note Captain Maximilian Jenius does come out PWN everything at one point in the series using the VF-22.

Damn. I'm quite disappointed to not find out who this blonde girl "fan" is. Vey awesome news however on Max throwing down. I can't wait to see that. I just put in Disc 1 to finish it off. There only has to be like 1 episode left I bet. And then on to the rest of the series. I am excited for this.

Planetes. It is Patlabor on TV in Space. This is a very good thing. Buy it, because like Patlabor on TV, I've been told that it sold roughly minus two copies, and supporting this sort of excellent stuff might mean Bandai will see fit to release Turn-A Gundam at some point before the heat death of the Universe.

You copy?

Planetes is one of those rare gems of sci-fi. Absolutly loved it. Shame it has such poor sales.

I'm onto Dangaizer: this show is... surprising in some ways

Otherwise, I agree on the "Planetes owns" statement

I've started monster...I'm about 10 episodes in now.

Tenma is to nice what grown up Simon is to badass IMO.

and Anna + dress she wore to the candy club...hot as hell.

Edited by Rbstr

Basquash (strangeness, hoop, and mechs i still love it) and Mazinger Z (started with episode 10 to current,now i'm back tracking)

Planetes is one of those rare gems of sci-fi. Absolutly loved it. Shame it has such poor sales.

Agreed. Even more sad when considering the type of Animes that always sale.

Agreed. Even more sad when considering the type of Animes that always sale.

:angry: :angry:

I Know. I started watching it on-line but got into 3 episodes then ran out and hunted it down in a best buy 20miles away form me. Recommended it to my friend and he refused to watch. But He'll watch and buy all seasons of Dragon Ball Z , Naruto and Bleach.

Finally watched K-on. :)

Mio's my favorite... specially when she goes into her fits of fear and/or embarassment. and when she was transfixed on the left-handed bass guitars in the shop... "yada". priceless! ^_^

Me too! Though i have a hard time deciding between Mio and Azu-nyan now. :(

And the cast of K-on have really expensive gear with them don't they? AKG headphones wtf. >_<

And the cast of K-on have really expensive gear with them don't they? AKG headphones wtf. >_<

No kidding. i mean, who starts playing guitar with a Gibson Les Paul?? Seriously?

(yeah she got it at a discount, but it's still a freaking Les Paul! lol)

No kidding. i mean, who starts playing guitar with a Gibson Les Paul?? Seriously?

(yeah she got it at a discount, but it's still a freaking Les Paul! lol)

"Gitah" is its name. :lol:

Just watch the tea sets, each episode a different one of the most expensive kinds around. Tsumugi has to be bankrolling the club or that girls school is *really* posh.

Yui is really my favourite, she just has a kind of lovable goofiness. Amazing that K-on managed to generate as much if not more fan hate then Lucky Star, so they must be doing something right, heh.

Watching Tears to Tiara atm. A simple but enjoyable fantasy anime. The writers took some early european history (around 400AD) and gaelic mythology and put it in a blender, resulting in a rather intersting tale. An Irish gaelic tribe under leadership of Arwan a not so demon king and his first knight Arthur invade england(the irony) to fight the holy (roman) empire.

Watching Tears to Tiara atm. A simple but enjoyable fantasy anime. The writers took some early european history (around 400AD) and gaelic mythology and put it in a blender, resulting in a rather intersting tale. An Irish gaelic tribe under leadership of Arwan a not so demon king and his first knight Arthur invade england(the irony) to fight the holy (roman) empire.

Shocking that this is based on a pr0n game no? :lol:

Shocking that this is based on a pr0n game no? :lol:

Ah, that explains a lot. It's based on two Leaf/Aquaplus games, didn't know that. No wonder the character designs are solid ^_^

and nah, erotic VN make surprisingly good source material for anime last few years.

Drat....was expecting some kinda gaijin "WHAT!?! NO WAY? FATE/STAY NIGHT!??" response. :lol:

WHAT!?! NO WAY? FATE/STAY NIGHT!??

:p

When i first watched F/SN, i knew it was a game, but i didn't know what kind. but when i got to the episode where the guy had to heal saber by lying on top of her, i thought to myself, "oh THAT kind of game." :D

WHAT!?! NO WAY? FATE/STAY NIGHT!??

:p

When i first watched F/SN, i knew it was a game, but i didn't know what kind. but when i got to the episode where the guy had to heal saber by lying on top of her, i thought to myself, "oh THAT kind of game." :D

That is why Emiya "Genius" Shirou occupies #4 in the most wanted enemies of mankind list:

1183960429616.jpg

It's not anime..it's manga...but i read Onani Master Kurosawa

Given the premise...well you'd almost think it was a joke..but it gets good.

Still watching Monster otherwise...I like how this world's got irredeemable apefaces and unfaltering nice people and everything in between. It seems too often that you get idealist vs. crap-hole-world or nice vs. bad...or everyone has nice deep down inside.

EDIT: That most wanted list is great...Keiichi as #3...I'd be careful trying to apprehend him...you might find you've suddenly failed to exist.

Edited by Rbstr

I wasn't too thrilled with Darker than Black, but then again I was watching it haphazardly. Totally Looking forward to Railgun and possibly Sacred Blacksmith, Kobato, and Natsu no Arashi 2.

Last row: Did Kimba grow up?

Edited by shiroikaze

I thought "Railgun" sounded familiar...I only got into 2 episodes of To Aru Majutsu before putting it on the "to resume at a future date" list. I liked the non-linear storytelling of the 1st episode though, it seemed to throw the viewer right into the thick of things.

Edited by Ghost Train

Spider Riders. It's on from Sunday-Friday mornings on This Houston. Now I get to see it from beginning to end (The WB only showed about the first half of the series before bailing on it to air other series).

I keep hoping that Bee Train gets around to making a sequel.

Finally got around to watching the last two episodes of Eden of the East, and uh, I didn't get it. I know there are movies coming, and maybe it was just Frostii's subs, but I felt like I really missed something at the end.

Finally got around to watching the last two episodes of Eden of the East, and uh, I didn't get it. I know there are movies coming, and maybe it was just Frostii's subs, but I felt like I really missed something at the end.

He shot down the missiles and made himself king of japan then wiped his memory again.

There's all sorts of loose ends for the movies.

Edited by Rbstr