What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

I finished watching Sora no Woto as well. I'm glad that after 11 episodes of pseudo-slice-of-life drama we get treated to 1 epic mecha episode. I'm kind of upset they didn't really explain the whole thing about the angels and how the world was bombed back to a pre-industrial state, but overall I liked the show.

Like Bri pointed out, the end is very Macross-ish, a trend I'm noticing more and more.

[The Power of Song©], [Listen to My Song©] are becoming greater factors in animu-military strategy.

My feelings exactly, we get a glimpse of the previous world but that's about it. Enjoyed the entire thing, nevertheless. It would be nice if we get an OVA or a second season.

That skeleton in episode 1 looks oddly familiar, does it not? :p

[edit]Just took a glance at Wikipedia and it looks like they are making a 2-episode OVA. Yay.

Edited by shiroikaze

Finished watching Crest of the Stars. It's actually enjoyable so I like it. Jinto and Lefiel's relationship reminds me of Eureka Seven's Renton and Eureka's. Jinto's voice sounds like Renton's now that I think about it.

Moving on to it's sequel, Banner of the Stars.

That skeleton in episode 1 looks oddly familiar, does it not? :p

[edit]Just took a glance at Wikipedia and it looks like they are making a 2-episode OVA. Yay.

... please enlighten me about the skeleton... I know a giant wing is seen briefly in the dead man's flashback episode where a whole platoon of takemikazuchi's are pounding on it rather hopelessly.

Restarted watching bakemonogatari.

Another strange show by studio shaft but actually quite enjoyable, even if its mostly conversations between two people.

Eureka Seven.

Already watched the first 10 episodes and so far....well, honestly it's pretty boring.

But as there is 50 episodes i still have some hope that it's going to be better later.

Great opening song. B))

It did take its time to get moving, but once it did...

As for the theme song, it changes every 13-14 episodes.

I almost quit watching Eureka Seven after 5 episodes because Renton was so pathetic and whinny. But I am glad I continued to watch it to the end and the movie version as well. Renton's development takes time in the show. Eureka seems cold at first but she changes as well.

It is a really good series since Renton always came through for Eureka.

BTW, I just started watching Gurren Lagann. It's funny that the Gunman mecha name is almost a reference to Gundam.

It's one season, but it ran a whole year so it's 50 episodes.
The only series I've seen where they had to redo the final episode (episode 50 was a rehash of 49 because Kawamori made it so damned confounding, and left more plot holes in it than it solved)

Watching Black Cat. It's pretty good, but Sven's vocie sounds like Holland's from Eureka 7 or Ali Al Saachez from Gundam 00. I'm expecting Sven to yell out "Renton" instead of "Eve" in one of these episodes. ^_^
That's Crispin Freeman, who's been doing work since he took over Zelgaldis' role in episode 14 of the Original The Slayers series. He also did the voice of Alucard in the original Hellsing series. Edited by Wanzerfan

That's Crispin Freeman, who's been doing work since he took over Zelgaldis' role in episode 14 of the Original The Slayers series. He also did the voice of Alucard in the original Hellsing series.

Wait, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Japanese voice actor, Kenji Fujiwara. Crispin Freeman did not do Ali Al Saachez from Gundam 00.

Edited by shiroikaze

Just finished the Eden of The East movie, King Of Eden. Wow just wow.....i can't wait for the 2nd and final movie.

And we still don't know who or what Juiz is.

Wait, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Japanese voice actor, Kenji Fujiwara. Crispin Freeman did not do Ali Al Saachez from Gundam 00.

Correct, I meant the Japanese voice actor could be the same for Ali Al Saachez, Holland and Sven.

As for Crispin Freeman, I think he was the voice of Orange in Code Geass as well in the english dubbed version.

The only series I've seen where they had to redo the final episode (episode 50 was a rehash of 49 because Kawamori made it so damned confounding, and left more plot holes in it than it solved)

Will you ever get anything right? Kawamori didn't make Eureka Seven, he just did the mecha designs. And the "rehash" episode as you so puti t was 51, not 50. Said episode has also not been released in the U.S.