What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

I've found the last few seasons to be weak. Still enjoying One Piece (though I read the comic also).

New season is about to start so I think I'll check out Darker Than Black second season and Kampfer (who wouldn't wnat to watch some strange transgender fighting comedy...yeah, done before with Ramna but still.)

Yah a show named after a Mylene song ;) Oh and Armed Librarians, can't wait to see that!...

Seriously though, only thing there that makes me jump is the new Mahoromatic special, I hope we get that, as well as a domestic release of the upcoming Mahoro-bluray!

Actually, is New Three Musketeer's a Gonzo production? I'm still hoping they get around to Hamlet.

Edited by Keith

Maybe I just never noticed before and this has been a trend for a while now, but it seems like we're seeing a lot less scifi and a lot more fantasy, high school drama, normal every day life drama, and literary adaptations lately.

Darker Than Black looks interesting to me. Maybe sort of Witch Hunter Robin-esque?

Darker Than Black looks interesting to me. Maybe sort of Witch Hunter Robin-esque?

Its quite awesome actually. Almost every episode is episodic and standalone until the main arc kicks in towards the end.

Have you seen the first season? It's decent.

Also spawned a decent meme "Chinese Electric Batman"

Hadn't seen the first season, but I'm working on getting it now.

Chinese Electric Batman?

Next series for me: Irresponsible Captain Tylor. My wife got me the remastered DVD's for my birthday last week. I'm so lucky. :wub:

I caught most of this one when the network formerly known as Internatonal Channel aired it. It's some nice work. One thing about Captain Tyler, just like The Slayers' Gourry, is that man is a tactical genius. Do not match wits against Tyler, because you will lose. Tyler's irresponsibe, not stupid.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Looks like some interesting projects coming up in the fall. I plan to try:

Winter Sonata

Romance of the three Kingdoms

Blue literature

Darker the Black

Manhoromatic

Shana

A certain scientific railgun

I caught most of this one when the network formerly known as Internatonal Channel aired it. It's some nice work. One thing about Captain Tyler, just like The Slayers' Gourry, is that man is a tactical genius. Do not match wits against Tyler, because you will lose. Tyler's irresponsibe, not stupid.

I so gotta get this series, I have the first vhs but wasnt able to get any past it. I liked it.

A new Romance of the Three Kingdoms series? I'm down. I've long been a sucker for this since playing those Koei games on the 8 & 16 bit console days.

I never played the game but I finally gritted my teeth and read the whole book a couple of years ago. So yeah, I'll check out the anime.

I never played the game but I finally gritted my teeth and read the whole book a couple of years ago. So yeah, I'll check out the anime.

The novel is MONSTROUS :lol:

As far as Koei and the Three Kingdoms, I think it's what put them on the map. The first Koei game I played was "Destiny of an Emperor" when a friend rented it on his NES, and it's based off the ROTK (with liberties, of course). Then he later got the strategy game that Koei has relied upon for so long as a series, "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." I've played that series off and on ever since then. Later, came across another jewel that came to the states, "Nobunaga's Ambition."

Those 8 & 16 bit days were quite fun.

The novel is MONSTROUS :lol:

As far as Koei and the Three Kingdoms, I think it's what put them on the map. The first Koei game I played was "Destiny of an Emperor" when a friend rented it on his NES, and it's based off the ROTK (with liberties, of course). Then he later got the strategy game that Koei has relied upon for so long as a series, "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." I've played that series off and on ever since then. Later, came across another jewel that came to the states, "Nobunaga's Ambition."

Those 8 & 16 bit days were quite fun.

Well, it wasn't the longest novel I've ever read (single novel, not a series); that would be Marcel Proust's "In Search of Lost Time," but yeah...2300 pages, give or take a few. I felt like I conquered Everest when I finished it.

Then I went on and read "The Water Margin" and "Journey to the West," and I'm currently eyeing "Dream of the Red Chamber."

I'm surprised there is no "Water Margin" anime (at least, none that I know of). It seems ripe for such treatment.

Theres no "Water Margin" anime (or rather, not one that I'm aware of) but a 70s live action adaptation was popular in the UK in the early 80s, along with "Monkey"...

I've heard of that one, but I've never seen it. I remember seeing one of the Shaw Brothers "Water Margin" movies, however, a long, long time ago (I'd completely forgotten about it until I read the book, and suddenly remembered portions of it from the movie).

But it WOULD make a great anime, don't you think? The only obstacle is that there aren't enough sexy girls in it, but you could say the same thing about "Three Kingdoms."

I just watched Mahoromatic.

Not only at the end of each episode do you have to be reminded of how many days she's got left but...I guess my take on that ending is that he's dead they both end up spirits IE. the haunted school episode. Mainly because Matthew says he/she/it's leaving behind a memory.

Timeskip Misato was badass though...stabbed though the chest and thinking about picking up a prostitute.

I think the only strait up happy Gainax endings are Abenobashi and FLCL. Everything else is bittersweet at best.

Edited by Rbstr