What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Finished the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime which i thought was really good even though it was different to the manga.

Caught up on the Dragonball Kai, 22 filler epiosdes into 8. No waiting around watching power-up episodes and Got my weekly dose of K-ON! Big Mugi fan.

Going to start Yukihaze, someone in my Japanese class yesterday said it was the Brokeback Mountain of anime?

Finished the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime which i thought was really good even though it was different to the manga.

You know that there's a remake of it airing right now. I haven't watched it (don't really care for the series myself) but it's supposedly much more like the manga.

No its not.

You're in it for her money.

Psh...I'm in it for the eyebrows.

Edited by Rbstr

watched the penultimate? episode (battle with the spiral king) of gurren lagann on tv. awesome, if not a bit rushed, or perhaps it was really just frantic.

anyway, despite my aversion to super robots, i somehow got hooked on this show, and i'm still trying to figure that out. is there more after this?

so hanging around the tv, nodame cantabile came up next, and i found myself laughing hysterically with my girlfriend :blink:

am i getting soft? :mellow:

Looks like K-On! is only twelve episodes long :( but but BUDOUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Anyway, I enjoyed Toaru Majutsu no Index. It's like Godhand almost, except you're in a fictional city of Japan and that Magic and Science are butting heads. I look forward to season 2. Totally recommend it.

Edited by shiroikaze

Looks like K-On! is only twelve episodes long :( but but BUDOUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Anyway, I enjoyed Toaru Majutsu no Index. It's like Godhand almost, except you're in a fictional city of Japan and that Magic and Science are butting heads. I look forward to season 2. Totally recommend it.

Its not bad considering the show is only 10% about its titular character. :lol:

I heard there will be a spinoff series concentrating on our favourite biri-biri Railgun. :3

Its not bad considering the show is only 10% about its titular character. :lol:

I heard there will be a spinoff series concentrating on our favourite biri-biri Railgun. :3

I read that too, I'm surprised they actually pulled it off. Now that you remind me, I now have two things to look forward to~

I know it's cool to rag on Eden of the east recently....

But I quite like it. It's sort of atypical and in the last two episodes it really grew the beard with the conspiracy and everything.

Really? Who's ragging on it? I've heard nothing but praise on how awesome this show is.

Ep 10 was pretty awesome as well. Sad that ep 11 (or was it 12) will be a major cliffhanger till the movie comes out. :(

Saw The Sky Crawlers the day before yesterday: it's a very good movie although a bit confusing in the beginning; you have to wait the second half to get where Oshii wants to go, but after that it all becomes pretty clear and appears as very characteristic of this director's previous works (especially GitS: one of the characters in Sky Crawlers makes this quite obvious...)

I've not been very awed by the visuals though, not as much as I expected to be actually: even if the various landscapes and the animation of the planes are flawless, the characters looked rather bland to me (but, due to the theme of the movie, it may have been intentionnal...)

Last week I watched Lova Hina. I've never really been one for the unwanted harem type stuff but watching Keitaro bounce around after getting whacked never got old for some reason.

Then I read the manga, which gives some nice closure. At the beginning of the 13th volume everyone complaining about how naru and keitaro were all over each other and how they keep failing at gettin' it on in the 14th volume got me rofling.

Going to start Welcome to the NHK soon.

Last week I watched Lova Hina. I've never really been one for the unwanted harem type stuff but watching Keitaro bounce around after getting whacked never got old for some reason.

Then I read the manga, which gives some nice closure. At the beginning of the 13th volume everyone complaining about how naru and keitaro were all over each other and how they keep failing at gettin' it on in the 14th volume got me rofling.

Going to start Welcome to the NHK soon.

i've watched all of love hina, but i never gave the manga a try. so there's actual closure there? hmmm....

i've watched all of love hina, but i never gave the manga a try. so there's actual closure there? hmmm....

My god, Love Hina was the anime that got me back into anime :o Literally bought the entire set all at once. My dad wasn't very happy at the time...

And yes, the manga has closure... after 14 loong volumes.

I stopped reading NHK since nobody at the time was releasing consistently. I hear it gets pretty depressing later on...

Anyway, watching Shikabane Hime on youtube. Neat series by Gainax.