What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

I can't figure out how serious Canaan is supposed to be...it's got a whole ton of goofy packed in it.

Now Tokyo Magnitude one the other hand...I think it's going to end up being some kind of heavy.

Well I try my best to not take animu in general very seriously :p.

Spice and wolf season 2:

sure this isnt for everyone but i love the dynamic between the two main characters, im as much if not more a fan of quiet story driven adventurous anime then the action stuff.

Haruhi season 2:

sure the concept is interesting but its really bordering on monotonous with that groundhog day stuff, it needs to at least be somewhat different each episode,i wish they had at least gotten different artists to contribute so it would be a unique look each time. I hope this doesnt go on the entire season.

Tytania:

only on episode 2 so far so good

Golgo 13:

still loving this, some of the translators skipped a few episodes when it changed subber hands , hopefully they get around to it.

i just watched the entire of Eden of the East:

had a great mysterious plot, great animation, interesting characters, a few bizarre plot holes but im not sure if this was taken from a manga which might explain that

i pretty much go to animesuki, look at whats up and if it seems interesting ill download episode 1, if that works ill get teh whole series or follow it

Anyone know of any new anime of the nadia/spice and wolf adventure variety? I hat most modern anime with overly complicated nonsensical plots that try to be way too deep. I liek deep meaningful stories but alot of newer stuff doesnt carry it well and tends to try to be deep for the sake of being deep.

Spice and wolf season 2:

i just watched the entire of Eden of the East:

had a great mysterious plot, great animation, interesting characters, a few bizarre plot holes but im not sure if this was taken from a manga which might explain that

i pretty much go to animesuki, look at whats up and if it seems interesting ill download episode 1, if that works ill get teh whole series or follow it

Anyone know of any new anime of the nadia/spice and wolf adventure variety? I hat most modern anime with overly complicated nonsensical plots that try to be way too deep. I liek deep meaningful stories but alot of newer stuff doesnt carry it well and tends to try to be deep for the sake of being deep.

Eden of the East is an anime original title. No manga. Not sure which plot holes you're referring to but yeah there will be a follow up theatrical release that continues the story.

As for adventure, i recommend Seirei No Moribito production I.G. Very nice visuals and intriguing story of a fantasy world.

Spice and wolf season 2:

This is like one of the few anime I can watch repeatedly or leave playing in the background while I'm doing something else :p Horo is just awesome (and so is Nora and Lawrence).

I also found out that the first volume of the novels is being translated to English and will be released at the end of this year, hooray :)

It will be published by Yen Press who also somehow got the license to release Yotsuba&! and the updated Azumanga Daioh manga.

thanks wolf ill check it out.

I agree Horo has to be one of my favorite female anime characters. I love the way her and lawrence tease and play off eachother and ignore the obvious. The landscapes and colors are wonderfully done and im always jumping on the first download i can get each week.

But instead, you get Max Jenius as Cline Sandman!

Now that you tell me that, they are indeed pretty similar...

You were talking about the Max from M7, right?

Now that you tell me that, they are indeed pretty similar...

You were talking about the Max from M7, right?

I am talking about Sho Hayami, the only man to play Max Jenius in any incarnation. He was also Nicholas D. Wolfwood in Trigun, amongst many other parts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ople.php?id=724

Edited by Keith

I am talking about Sho Hayami, the only man to play Max Jenius in any incarnation. He was also Nicholas D. Wolfwood in Trigun, amongst many other parts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ople.php?id=724

That's news to me, I couldn't really tell it was him in Trigun. It's always cool to find out these little surprise roles these actors/actresses do. :)

That's news to me, I couldn't really tell it was him in Trigun. It's always cool to find out these little surprise roles these actors/actresses do. :)

If you've seen Irresponsible Captain Tylor, he had a good comic role as Yamamato.

I'm still watching Gurren Lagann! For the seventy seventh time in a row!! I'm going for a hundred!! :) I usually get through the whole series somewhere by 5 in the morning and go to sleep happy! :)

Pete

I watched a few eps of Gurren Lagan when it aired here in the US on scifi channel, but I think it was the last few eps so I was totally lost.

The dub is bad. Very bad. Change the channel bad.

im watching Shigurui Death frenzy. Excellent.

:blink:

I saw a preview at the local con from a funimation rep. His words were "it makes basilisk look like hellokitty".i have yet to actually watch anything regarding the series after that clip.

I'm still watching Gurren Lagann! For the seventy seventh time in a row!! I'm going for a hundred!! :) I usually get through the whole series somewhere by 5 in the morning and go to sleep happy! :)

Pete

How would you be able to sleep? your blood would be on fire, ready to do hot blooded manly combining!! :lol:

Edit:Yea. the dubs are bad they grow on you but they're still bad that and the bath house episode tv edit. Pure garbage.

But there are good dubs.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I'm watching Now and Then, Here and There.

The entirety of episode 11 had me on the verge of tears. I don't know is it gets more horrifying than getting kidnapped form your planet and put though what Sara's been though. All because she resembles someone else.

EDIT: Ep. 12 stepped into the "too mean" region...

The end left me relieved that it was over more than anything...this is one of those that I imagine a lot of people couldn't watch twice.

Edited by Rbstr

I'm watching Now and Then, Here and There.

The entirety of episode 11 had me on the verge of tears. I don't know is it gets more horrifying than getting kidnapped form your planet and put though what Sara's been though. All because she resembles someone else.

EDIT: Ep. 12 stepped into the "too mean" region...

The end left me relieved that it was over more than anything...this is one of those that I imagine a lot of people couldn't watch twice.

I know....and i watched this show when i was a teenager too...i'm like...wtf this is screwed up. :(

Okay, what's with the Zentradi drummer and not speaking. I've seen a mic in front of her when she is drumming...but she has yet to speak?

I was just about to ask if there's some new songs coming...but Mylene just started singing this new one when here and Basara are closed off while at the beach in Episode 7. And Basara's a tool towards Mylene, and then he saves her all lovingly. What a jerk.

So...are there more songs coming from Fire Bomber??? Please say yes. :unsure:

And who the hell is this blonde girl that is always just about to approach Basara and then get's cockblocked?

Edited by JCSaves