Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

This is Bandai's first big re-entry into Macross since Seven, so I personally believe that some slack-cutting is reasonable in particular with regards to slight deviations from the line-art, but if that bothers people so much, then just go buy the model (don't own one, but I hear the model is basically an MG kit with slightly more detailing work to do). Collectors are going to be "displaying" it anyways, and not swooshing it around, which I think is the role the DX was designed for - making the kit fragility a really minor issue to consider in my opinion.

But why did the DX have to deviate so far from the line art to be a durable toy? Why is the toy not allowed to look as similar to the line art as the model? This kind reasoning is so full of flaws it's not even funny.

It's a toy so it's not allowed to have the same proportions and aesthetics as the model kit which is smaller and close to perfect transformation and remaining accurate to the line art/CG.

Accuracy MUST be sacrificed to ensure durability.

The people that don't care that it's not accurate would not buy it if it was more accurate to the line art.

Do any of those things make any sense? No, and yet that's what I keep hearing.

Simply horrified at the lack of details in this part and also at the paint chipping.

This valk must have gone few transformations and is already have its paint chipped.

I wouldn't worry too much about the paint chipping. What is shown in the photos is obviously a completely hand painted sample, not a production version, where the main color (grey for VF-25S and white for the VF-25F), will be molded in the correct color plastic.

The ony place on this toy that I'm am concerned about paint chipping is possibly on the diecast intakes.

Paint scraping of the black and red (Alto) and black and yellow (Ozma) trim could also be a concern during transformation, but we will just have to wait and see.

Graham

haha, that horse pic describes all of us on MW, what movie is it from

Office space, greatest work movie ever. the horse is shooped in, originally they were beating a fax machine.

Bandai has released the MSRPs for DX超合金 VF-25G (w/ fast pack) and RVF-25 (w/ fast pack).

The product description also mentions that the display stand (shown at recent exhibitions) will be included.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=15883

3月發售: DX超合金 Messiah Valkyrie VF-25G w/ fast pack Michael Blanc 專用機 16,000Yen

3月發售: DX超合金Messiah Valkyrie RVF-25 w/ fast pack Luca Angelloni專用機 17,000Yen

Edited by IXTL

I wouldn't worry too much about the paint chipping. What is shown in the photos is obviously a completely hand painted sample, not a production version, where the main color (grey for VF-25S and white for the VF-25F), will be molded in the correct color plastic.

The ony place on this toy that I'm am concerned about paint chipping is possibly on the diecast intakes.

Paint scraping of the black and red (Alto) and black and yellow (Ozma) trim could also be a concern during transformation, but we will just have to wait and see.

Graham

Hi Graham, do you think Bandai will ever change the landing gear?

To be honest, the landing gear in the prototype looks way too cheap and shitty and it's not like we can call Bandai and suggest our opinions.

The release date was delayed to Dec 31st so I hope they would actually edit some of these.

I canncel my order last week, I still think it is a 'ok' looking toy and it is not expensive for 1/60 scale. Now I am waiting the 1/72 super-VF25 coming out sometime next year instead...

Here is my retouch photoshop pic, which I think what it could be made! :p

post-10429-1225778923_thumb.jpg

I like the less skinny toy head better.

I'm so pissed about this toy I canceled my pre-order before I even considered placing a pre-order for it in the first place. instead I'm taking the money I wouldn't have spent on this toy that I wasn't going to by and spent it on a couple of explicit 1/6th scale figures instead.

you know if bandai really wanted to make these appealing, they'd give it a set of squishy mech-boobs.

I'm pritty sleep deprived right now... :blink:

How could the DX VF-25 possibly be on dispay in Akiha when the thing isn't even out yet? Not sure if Bandai is already distributing store samples but with the official release still 2 months maybe 3 months away, the most recent magazine articles still reviewing test shot #1, and the most recent event showing only a painted up test shot #1, it just seems odd. You sure you saw the DX toys?

Hmmm maybe you're right, I will check it again this weekend if its the 1/72 or the 1/60.

How could the DX VF-25 possibly be on dispay in Akiha when the thing isn't even out yet? Not sure if Bandai is already distributing store samples but with the official release still 2 months maybe 3 months away, the most recent magazine articles still reviewing test shot #1, and the most recent event showing only a painted up test shot #1, it just seems odd. You sure you saw the DX toys?

When I pre-ordered with Overdrive, the site said the DX would be out late November. Just checked, still says late November. Was the release date pushed back? Or has a release date not yet been confirmed, and OVerdrive is, perhaps, being a bit too optimistic?

When I pre-ordered with Overdrive, the site said the DX would be out late November. Just checked, still says late November. Was the release date pushed back? Or has a release date not yet been confirmed, and OVerdrive is, perhaps, being a bit too optimistic?

November 25th was the original release date. It has since been pushed back to December 25th (that's the date at AmazonJP - some sites has it as "sometime in December"). With the holidays in full gear during that period, I wouldn't be surprised if most stores didn't have stock until early mid January. Not to mention shipping delays.

Edited by Vifam7

The release date was delayed to Dec 31st, which is a good news since Bandai will have more time to fix those problems.

You will get your hands on it around January.

Well so far, its crap. $160+ dollars worth of wrong. If it was sub 100 I could forgive, but not for this much money.

I not a big fan of the vf-25, I find it to be mediocre in design. I like the vf-171 much better. I am glad bandai cut their teeth on this figure and (hopefully) learn from their mistakes when making the vf-171 in the future.

macrossnake, thanks for the photoshopping. Your changes are exactly what would make me buy this.

Salamander, Thanks for making me crave another cheezeburger. now I cant wait for my lunch break! Still an hour to go!

macrossnake, thanks for the photoshopping. Your changes are exactly what would make me buy this.

Salamander, Thanks for making me crave another cheezeburger. now I cant wait for my lunch break! Still an hour to go!

Miriya, u r welcome.

I just hope Yamato will make 1/60 VF25 toy right oneday!!! (Guess we have to wait for a few years at least) :(

New pics of VF-25G and RVF-25 (w/ fast packs) plus display stand.

These are the painted test shots that were on display a few weeks ago and the crotch armor piece is still missing in these pics.

Thanks to Amiami.com

post-7036-1225971173_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971180_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971207_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971261_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971275_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971283_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971288_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971294_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971298_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971304_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971361_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1225971366_thumb.jpg

Edited by IXTL

It's nice to see clearly defined necks on these two which makes me think that the reason Ozma's VF-25 has no visible neck might have something to do with that particular test shot which Bandai has been displaying.

Also note that the ankles on Michael's Messiah are retracted further into the legs in the latest pics so it looks like it will be possible to get a slightly more show accurate look there if one so chooses.

I agree, I was planning to wait on the 25G for the DX anyway, so this makes me really happy. That just looks beautiful compared to what we have seen. I hope this means the others were transformed or posed wrong or something. It could also be the application of fast packs that makes it look nice, but I like the super parts on the 25G anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Does anyone know if the 25G will cost more since it comes with the FP? How much maybe? Also does it have a planned release date or is it still set for early 2009?

Does anyone know if the 25G will cost more since it comes with the FP? How much maybe? Also does it have a planned release date or is it still set for early 2009?

16,000yen (before tax), March 2009 release.