Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

has anyone seen this?

1226591286556.jpg

They wrote Ozma custom as "Obama" custom lol

Maybe Obama can fly the VF25s and fight much better against those aliens in ID4 lol

Where did you get that pic? Any idea which store that is in?

Well I saw it from some random forum.. no idea what shop is that

It's A Bic Camera but I have no idea WHICH Bic Camera it is. Got my "Obama" from a Bic near my house then found them 280yen cheaper right next door in Yamada.

Thanks for posting that, it looks like he had to paint the top of the leg sections to match the rest of the plane as there's only that small spot that's left light gray.

I still want to see Alex's though. :p

-Kyp

Nice build, but what's with the landing gear? Why didn't he paint them and could they be any more stocky?

Hi guys,

I'm excited to get my VF-25s but wanted to ask for some expert advice. Should I fill in the panel lines (using a gundam marker) before I start assembling the pieces or after I've assembled that component or after final assembly?

Secondly, how about the stickers? I assume in some places it may be wise to put the stickers in before assembly? does the instructions tell you to do so?

I know in the Gundam models, sometimes for stickers in hard to reach places, they show you to put it on before the component is assembled.

Thanks

When I built the VF-25F, I panel lined the parts after cutting them off the sprue, but before assembly.

But I didn't paint my kit, except for some of the small parts.

The only stickers you need to apply during assembly are the stripes on the wings, as the ends of the stickers actually fit inside the wing gloves.

All the other stickers can be applied after assembly.

Graham

Thanks for posting that, it looks like he had to paint the top of the leg sections to match the rest of the plane as there's only that small spot that's left light gray.

I still want to see Alex's though. :p

-Kyp

I'll try to get some up.........sometime.

I put a small piece of plastic in the cod-piece of the Ozma so that the flap inside always pops up. That;s the one area that really bugs me about Battroid mode.

EDIT.....

Well................................I crushed my 1/72 Alto. was moving my stuff around, rearranging my room and dropped a huge-azz box on it. I hope Alto "has another guy".

Edited by Alex

Well................................I crushed my 1/72 Alto. was moving my stuff around, rearranging my room and dropped a huge-azz box on it. I hope Alto "has another guy".

You crushed the valk or the little pilot that is supposed to be Alto?

If the latter, you know this wouldn't happen to Ozma... cause he's a MAN!! (couldn't resist).

Thank you for notifying.. I have placed an order, 20% was too good to pass on. I was going to wait a while on HLJ, but that is good price.

You crushed the valk or the little pilot that is supposed to be Alto?

If the latter, you know this wouldn't happen to Ozma... cause he's a MAN!! (couldn't resist).

The Valk. And there ain't no way this Messiah is resurrecting.

That's 4000yen I have to drop on a new one.

looks like they're trying to match Rainbow Ten's price: http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/data/echar.htm

0071300734220,BANDAI,3600YEN,MACROSS flontier 01 1/72 VF-25F MESSIAH VALKYRIE ALTO CUSTOM

0071300734221,BANDAI,3600YEN,MACROSS flontier 02 1/72 VF-25S MESSIAH VALKYRIE OZUMA CUSTOM

on a related note, me and some friends who ordered as a group from Rainbow Ten just got our stuff:

3037810234_db84779426.jpg

3037810238_07aa9ca9c6.jpg

VF-25 heaven!! B))

My VF-25S just arrived!!! YAY! My wife, then promptly confiscated it since it is a Christmas gift for me. Boo. It would've been great timing seeing as I finsihed my VF-25F yesterday. Now that I have one of these bad boys under my belt, and know were things go and what is hidden and such, I'm going to fully paint and build the 25S in proper model fashion, including painting on the stripes which were the bigest headache for the Alto version for me. Now the wait for the Superpack version and the 25G and the RV25. I hope the'll do the Armored version as well. Any word on if they will be releasing the SMS display stand?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Has anyone else found the decals/stickers for Alto's red/black markings a little lacking? I first tried the decals (always my preference), but I found they don't fit the part shape really well and I couldn't get them to line up cleanly either, even after detaching the lower half to get a fine join between the pieces. Then, after inadvertently destroying two of the decals (just call me butterfingers), I tried the stickers and found the fit even worse. So I've resorted to masking off and painting the details by hand... which is kinda what I wanted to do in the first place. Hmmm... maybe I'm just subconsciously fulfilling that original thought.

Has anyone else found the decals/stickers for Alto's red/black markings a little lacking? I first tried the decals (always my preference), but I found they don't fit the part shape really well and I couldn't get them to line up cleanly either, even after detaching the lower half to get a fine join between the pieces. Then, after inadvertently destroying two of the decals (just call me butterfingers), I tried the stickers and found the fit even worse. So I've resorted to masking off and painting the details by hand... which is kinda what I wanted to do in the first place. Hmmm... maybe I'm just subconsciously fulfilling that original thought.

I think you will get better results by painting them

Look at this video, a pro making Macross Vf-0S, just amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qCEVpugJCw&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgdTrCnBCRg&fmt=18

Actually, I was really happy with the quality of the stckers on this kit, especially for the red and black markings. I found they fit and adhere really well and look pretty good IMO.

Graham

After seeing all the post and pic here, I wanted a VF-25 so much.

Finally, I manage to acquire both 25F and 25S at one go.

A shop here in Tokyo is selling at 3300 yen each. That is pretty amazing price, wish I could get more, but I am limited by luaggage space.

When I visith the shop on Monday, there was about 40 25S and 25F, but today all the the 25S is gone, bar 3 (now is 2) but there are now about 80 25F instock.

I think bandai produce lots of these, but the 25S is still selling like hot cake it seems.

Can't wait to get home and start on these two baby. Still can't decide if I will paint them or not (worry about paint scratch during transformation)

After seeing all the post and pic here, I wanted a VF-25 so much.

Finally, I manage to acquire both 25F and 25S at one go.

A shop here in Tokyo is selling at 3300 yen each. That is pretty amazing price, wish I could get more, but I am limited by luaggage space.

When I visith the shop on Monday, there was about 40 25S and 25F, but today all the the 25S is gone, bar 3 (now is 2) but there are now about 80 25F instock.

I think bandai produce lots of these, but the 25S is still selling like hot cake it seems.

Bandai probably realized with the VF-25F that they should have put in for larger production runs. Hopefully now, supplies should be a little better all around.

Finally, mine is here! Just took a look. What a beautiful bunch of sprues... Be a while till I assemble it, but just looking at that pilot, he looks more like 1/90 scale or something. After the Macross SDF pilot project is finished, I will be taking a look at what I can do for this.

...but just looking at that pilot, he looks more like 1/90 scale or something. After the Macross SDF pilot project is finished, I will be taking a look at what I can do for this.

Agreed. Just got my double pack of VF-25F today and noticed the same thing about the pilot. Way out of scale IMO. I may forego taking the time and energy painting the little b*stard, and leave him out of the cockpit entirely. Until you can mold a better one PetarB!

After cutting and building for 14 hours straight, my VF-25F is finally standing there in it's white glory. Now I have to disassemble, panel line and decal it up. So I guess that will take another 10 hours. Too bad something already broke while building it because of my stupidity, but nothing superglue couldn't solve. There are just simply too many damn parts

Can anyone give me a hint how to transform it back from battroid to fighter? I can't figure out how to fold back the arms. Plus those SV-51ish Machine gun turrets on the waist are always in the way for gerwalk.

Edited by DarkReaper

Mine just came yesterday, but my wife intercepted them and is holding them hostage until I build my hasegawa kits. Dammit, now I have to plow through 8 builds just to get to them. Maybe I'll hide 4 of them in the closet...

Like most of you, I just got my first VF-25F from HLJ. It looks like there are a lot more parts that first thought. I will probably study the build instructions carefully and see what I can paint or what I can leave unpainted. I plan on working on this during my Christmas break, 2 weeks off. B))

I read most people used stickers instead of the water slide decals. Has anyone use the decals yet? Is it any good?