Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

Looks very Terminatorish without the skin. Is there anything actually different about this kit other than it being clear? Meaning, are they showing avionics and a radar dish and such?

Chris

Ummm yah. I take it you've never seen the clear-edition Gunplas have you?

He was just answering my question since I couldn't tell if anything was added.

Chris

I guess it is REALLY heavy. That must mean the frame is made from solid metal... ^_^

That or Kawamori doesn't have much arm strength.. perhaps he is too used to being a disembodied floating head ;) .

Edited by Master Dex

Oh, dammit, just when I was ready to order a 25S. Can anybody translate, please?

Looks like it's confirmed. Super packs to be sold separately. Can be attached to Alto, Ozma, Michel, and Luca VF-25s. Transformation will be possible with the packs attached. Decals and stickers provided. Potential price: 2100yen.

Down below - RVF-25 with Ghost also confirmed for release. February release. Potential price: 6090yen

Edited by Vifam7

Oh my... fast packs to be sold separately. Damn just when i was about to say i wont be getting anymore model kits :S now i am sure to continue with the fast packs

anyway here's what i wanted to post initially:

Finally finished my VF-25S model kit, phew! took me the whole weekend!!! this was my first model kit ever, i never touched any gundams before. very satisfied with the model kit, its holds reasonably stable in all 3 modes, best mode has to be the battroid mode though. simply love the transformation scheme of the VF-25. for this kind of price range, the kind of line art accuracy that you get and the stunning beauty of it, makes this piece highly recommended!!!

however, i dun think i will getting more model kits for myself in the future... they take too much time to assemble and make them look good enough eagerly awaiting the release of the chogokins!!!

on with the pics:

Picture125.jpg

Picture140-1.jpg

Picture134.jpg

Picture149-1.jpg

Picture150-1.jpg

Looks like it's confirmed. Super packs to be sold separately. Can be attached to Alto, Ozma, Michel, and Luca VF-25s. Transformation will be possible with the packs attached. Decals and stickers provided. Potential price: 2100yen.

Down below - RVF-25 with Ghost also confirmed for release. February release. Potential price: 6090yen

Righteous!

Edited by Kelsain

Separate Superpack release, awesome! B))

I take it this kit will come with different colored parts for Alto, Oszma, Michel and Luca ?

This might open up the possibility of separate armor packs later too!

Does it say anything about the release date for the separate superpacks ?

Edited by thankheaven

Separate Superpack release, awesome! B))

I take it this kit will come with different colored parts for Alto, Oszma, Michel and Luca ?

Don't all of them generally have the same color super parts? Whatever differences there are will likely be handled with stickers or something.

Does it say anything about the release date for the separate superpacks ?

February 2009

Don't all of them generally have the same color super parts? Whatever differences there are will likely be handled with stickers or something.

February 2009

The cover over the missilelaunchers that swing over the shoulder's can't be covered with stickers, they need to be different colored parts. The rest is probably stickers.

Edited by thankheaven

The cover over the missilelaunchers that swing over the shoulder's can't be covered with stickers, they need to be different colored parts. The rest is probably stickers.

There's no way 4 different colored launcher cover parts will be included. I'd be shocked if that happened. That part too will likely be sticker adjusted. It's gonna be either that or a paint it situation.

Edited by Vifam7

Hmm, maybe I should get a 25F for the Super-Pack. Might be a way to avoid those fit issues. Since the S is supposedly better, I can leave that nekkid - at least until the 1/72 Armored-Pack comes out.

Edited by Kelsain

Agreed I like that super packs are separate but since I have the 25S I might wait for armor packs.

On another note, I have transformed my 25S to battroid for the final phase of stickering and I am having some trouble making the head look right. It seems to want to pretend it is the 1/60 in that the head won't stick up very far as if the neck piece is too small. How is the head supposed to be positioned in battroid mode because I can't seem to do it right. Either the entire thing is stretched out or it is dug in to far behind the chest plate.

I'd bet they come with red-molded parts for Alto, and anything else requires painting. Note that they say they'll FIT all the other valks, not that they'll match. :)

It wouldn't be that hard for them to make one multiecolored sprue with red, yellow, blue and green parts for the individual valks.

Though most likely it will be a sticker or paint job.

I wonder how good these parts will fit. My model isn't finished yet but i see no attachment points for these superparts anywhere.

Most likely you will need to remove some parts and exchange them for the superparts.

Edited by thankheaven

Kudos to Bandai for offering the Super Packs as seperate items for the model kits. Never in a million years would I have imagined them doing that, given their track record with kit releases.

Now as long as they don't make them webshop exclusives, or some such stupid thing, like they are doing with the Super Packs for the DX toys.

Graham