Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

I'm doing the LV, but I'm not sure about the colors... I just applied preshading and base colour, but it seems to be too blue. Also, according with lineart and cartoon captures, the booster is white... what do you think?

dsc05485redimensionar.jpg

ndvd052.jpg

getting there...
That is looking very nice indeed, MaveRick ... :wub:

I'm doing the LV, but I'm not sure about the colors... I just applied preshading and base colour, but it seems to be too blue. Also, according with lineart and cartoon captures, the booster is white... what do you think?
It does look a bit strong, your grey makes it look too much part of the vehicle rather than the Valk. Actually, I like the white colour in the artwork, it kind of gives the right feel for a disposable booster.

ndvd052.jpg

Looks awesome. About damn time someone else built theres.

thanks guys.. more pics and comments here:)

neptunesurvey: i framed all hull sections with hard type cardboard and an inner layer of vinyl.. the side sections, those are my second build since the first two turned to bits after i literally did a crash test (dropped it a an elevation of 4 feet) wanted to make this build as sturdy as possible.

cool8or: ohh.. been waiting for something to build that.. keep it up :)

Edited by MaveRick

your grey makes it look too much part of the vehicle rather than the Valk.

Yeah, your concept is right: Booster it's part of the Valk, not the Vehicle... You light me! ^_^ I'll try to think about a white scheme, according with the artwork.

Thanks a lot!

Hey guys,

Love checking this thread from time to time and seeing the work you guys do; I wish had that kind of skill and patience. ;)

Anyway, was flipping through my work files and found a pic of the Enterprise I built a little while back. It's the Bandai Enterprise kit that came out a few years ago. Pretty much built straight out of the box, but I modified it with blue and white LEDs for the lighting. Hope you guys like it. :)

post-5703-1250525511_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Well, not completely out of the box. The kit comes with a clear deflector piece, which I used initially. However, the blue LED I used for the main deflector is so bright that if you looked at it head on, you'd be blinded by a shaft of blue light. I eventually replaced the clear piece with a blue tinted after-market deflector, which diffused the light and eliminated the blinding problem. :)

Edited by Lolicon

1/144 scale GP03 Dendrobium and RX-78-2 Gundam, built a few years back when my modeling skills were, well, I didn't have any. Building the massive GP03 took up most of an entire summer and nearly broke me. :wacko:

Both are pretty much straight builds, painted, panel lines, etc.

post-5703-1250528380_thumb.jpg post-5703-1250528387_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Love checking this thread from time to time and seeing the work you guys do; I wish had that kind of skill and patience. ;)

Anyway, was flipping through my work files and found a pic of the Enterprise I built a little while back. It's the Bandai Enterprise kit that came out a few years ago. Pretty much built straight out of the box, but I modified it with blue and white LEDs for the lighting. Hope you guys like it. :)

post-5703-1250525511_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Well, not completely out of the box. The kit comes with a clear deflector piece, which I used initially. However, the blue LED I used for the main deflector is so bright that if you looked at it head on, you'd be blinded by a shaft of blue light. I eventually replaced the clear piece with a blue tinted after-market deflector, which diffused the light and eliminated the blinding problem. :)

Wow! That looks really cool with the lighting.

ndvd052.jpg

Agree that lighter on the boosters would be good - not as light as the anime though . . .

Cain, you've turned those Gasha figs into true display pieces! Can't wait to see the latest one finished up. This is probably a stupid question, but are you going off a reference like the studio model, or just adding your own little touches? The different greys and silvers all look amazing together!

I used a lot of photos of the studio model as references to be as accurate as possible(check the link). Thank you for the comment. ^_^

http://www.animachina.com/images/Cain/

Awesome Cain! Man I wish Hot toys would release their Robocop II...

May god hear our prays. B))

Final assembly:

kcain01.jpg

kcain02.jpg

kcain03.jpg

kcain04.jpg

WIP thread here:

http://robocoparchive.com/board/viewtopic....asc&start=0

Cool looking Cain, what scale is he, read that its a one coin collectible but not really sure what the means?

Working my way through the 1/144 stash, nice to see all the box leaving the loft.

Most of the paint work done on Kakizaki super A and Phalanx.

3786586816_5a7968218d.jpg

3786580896_98d6990a7f.jpg

Had ago at detailing up the f-toys snowspeeder's, too small, eyes ached after working on these 2.

3775587843_b8c2357864.jpg

3775557615_103da87f76.jpg

Revell 1/144 F-14A, one of the best 1/144 kits ive assemmbled.

3779630645_4d0eedee83_o.jpg

3779625369_4b63145bb6.jpg

Edited by RogueTrooper

that looks awesome man.. Good to know revel lives up to your expectations in such small scale.. I will see if I can find one now to display along the small vf's

I have so much respect for small scale model builders it's not even funny...my HG 1/144 Gundams look like crap compared to my 1/100 and 1/60 kits. Wish I had that kind of talent, that's why I gave up on any kit with less than 6 inches of height/length.

Everything is looking great guys.

Nice looking 1/144th kits Rogue Trooper. I've found most of the Revell Germany kits are right on the money. I have an Imai 1/144 F-20 that's perfect. I wish I was building in 1/144 myself! You can even get 1/144 weapons and ground crew now! - MT

Thanks.

I'd call it pseudo digital.

Didn't feel like cutting out a bajillion tiny squares so I just faked it.

I've got this going on at the moment...

You mean you're actually going to... gasp... paint some of your work? :D The last thing I saw was your booster, and that was a long time ago. Love to see this one!

Here's my current scratchbuilding project, a 1/72 Jedi Interceptor:

partial%20assembly%20b.preview.jpg

Edited by PetarB

wow, amazing work. For those of us (me) not familiar with this figure, can you post a picture with something for scale?

here you go brother ^_^

322734844_6d1b62c602_o.jpg

On the left is how the figure originaly looks like.

On the right is another custom Cain I did a while ago.

Edited by CAIN MKII