Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

I saw the matrix that you had given Solscud. That thing is huge! You gotta bring it to MWCon! I want to see it in person!!!

What you guys think?

I think you should make 2! one weathered, one clean. lol.

I actually had a very difficult decision if I should weather this or keep it clean and shiny for the contest.

But my goal was to make this a realistic look, so I decided to add weathering. What you guys think?

I didn't know something this awesome and so awesome live so close to me! :o

Wow. Just wow... The size, the detail, the LEDs, the audio record/playback, the TRANSFORMATION... Wow. :blink:

Congrats on an awesome scratch build and well-deserved Best of Show!!! and thanks for sharing!

ps - I vote for a transforming 1/48 or 1/32 VF-2SS (no SAP). :)

Wow Maiden Japan, your Optimus is the best that I've ever seen. Yes, add some weathering, but not too much!

PD: You are my Idol! :)

Amazing Prime, seemed to made in in no time. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future, do you have a blog?

Painting up the bandai 1/144 VF-17, bought some 1/144 stealth fighters decals and thinking about using them to detail it up a bit.

3580589309_6d3594cf36_o.jpg

Chara-works valkyrie which ive fixed up with quite alot of putty to fill in the seams, going to have to redo the black line on the leg.

3537537755_bc1467d164_o.jpg

3537527745_c18872aeb4_o.jpg

Edited by RogueTrooper

Amazing Prime, seemed to made in in no time. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future, do you have a blog?

Painting up the bandai 1/144 VF-17, bought some 1/144 stealth fighters decals and thinking about using them to detail it up a bit.

Chara-works valkyrie which ive fixed up with quite alot of putty to fill in the seams, going to have to redo the black line on the leg.

Super nice work on both :)

My work bench has gotten out of control, I mean, really, really out of control

MWWorkbench001.jpg

I have to pack it all up and drop down to a single project. I'll likely be finishing either the defender or these first.

MWWorkbench004.jpg

I got completely absorbed wiht battlestar Galactica this last year so i've got a set of 1/20 and 1/24th scale ships from that series I am looking forward to getting started on as well.

I could NEVER leave my workbench like that, my children would wreak havoc on it! The shotgun shell would get tossed and probably blow! ^_^

A little "Real World" stuff. I'm building a heritage display. One of the areas is dedicated to US air crews in WWII. One of the items I thought would be cool is a bomber aircrew flak helmet. I could spend $500 for a helmet, or build one for $20. So I went with this:

post-2518-1244184573_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184562_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184586_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184599_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184610_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1244184620_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184630_thumb.jpg

The rust is real rust taken from my car's cooling system. The "paint chips" are all affects except for a little "wear" added to the brim. I still have a bunch of displays to put together. No work on my Daedalus this weekend <_< I'll post display photos when I'm done if anybody is interested. - MT

I could NEVER leave my workbench like that, my children would wreak havoc on it! The shotgun shell would get tossed and probably blow! ^_^

Yeah, it is just out of control, I started cleaning up my paint box purging dead bottles and re-oragnizing my tools, now I have to clear off the desk and get my projects organized. :wacko:

No kids and that shotgun shell is a plastic fake that came as part of an aliens Pulse Rifle kit, next to it on the table are some aluminum granades from Aliens that I need to mount in the case, I just got em a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten around to pulling out the PR.

What YF-19 is that? It looks huge!

That is the 1/48 YF-19, and I have the 21 that went with it still in the box they were from a run done several years ago here, I actually picked them up through the MW boards, I think I got them from Jessie Myers? They were a really good bargain, they are massive.

NICE!!! Lifesize* Warhammer 40k bolter rifle and mk6 helmet!

Sho Nuff :) I've got one finished helmet that I did a couple years ago in the paint scheme of a friend who passed away's Marines from when we played in high-school and college. I'll probably do mine in a custom Space Wolves scheme I used back in the day. Unfortunately the Space Wolves really got exploited by GW, so a lot of people thought they were cheesy.

A little "Real World" stuff. I'm building a heritage display. One of the areas is dedicated to US air crews in WWII. One of the items I thought would be cool is a bomber aircrew flak helmet. I could spend $500 for a helmet, or build one for $20. So I went with this:

post-2518-1244184573_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184562_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184586_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184599_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184610_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1244184620_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1244184630_thumb.jpg

The rust is real rust taken from my car's cooling system. The "paint chips" are all affects except for a little "wear" added to the brim. I still have a bunch of displays to put together. No work on my Daedalus this weekend <_< I'll post display photos when I'm done if anybody is interested. - MT

That is definitely one way to avoid paying the high prices for a WWII Flak helmet, Looks really good so far!! What do you think of this one MT?

Is your Flack helmet all done or do you still have some touching up to do on it?

post-6180-1244221656_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1244221672_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1244221687_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1244221707_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1244221721_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1244221744_thumb.jpg

My helmet is done. I've got too much still to do on the other displays. Is your helmet a repro or real. If repro (I'm guessing), really well done! - MT

Sho Nuff :) I've got one finished helmet that I did a couple years ago in the paint scheme of a friend who passed away's Marines from when we played in high-school and college. I'll probably do mine in a custom Space Wolves scheme I used back in the day. Unfortunately the Space Wolves really got exploited by GW, so a lot of people thought they were cheesy.

Ahh... geezz... sorry to hear that... I'm pretty sure he would be happy.

I never got into the gaming aspect of it, but more of the modeling part. It was fun to collect, build and paint GW stuff. Space Wolves rock! Yea I figured GW would do that with their line since it would help them make the most sales... lol.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I just got back from Botcon show and it was a blast!

Got autographs from peter Cullen, played Guitar Hero with Stan Bush singing next to me,

oh, and I met Solscud and he was little surprised to know who I am.

But the best of all I won the grand prize "The Best of Show" for my 24 inch Optimus Prime.

Well this project is all done now, I will start next project which I really don't know what.

May be 24 inch Starscream...or Macross II... we'll see.

Daisuki!!

Dude it has been forever since we last saw each other at Jungle Anime in Downtown. Before that it was high school.

Alex

Birmingham

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Well, this isn't my workbench (it's in too shameful a state to show) but you get the idea. Having been inspired by Lee and Allan over on the RPF, this is a start on a Rebel Transport. I'll post a proper thread there once I have a bit more to show. My friend has access to a nice signwriting vacformer and can hopefully take the pulls off this for me, if not I'll need to build a new vacformer myself, which is probably a better way to go anyway, I could use it. Hoping to get to that stage in the next week or so.

post-7502-1244384112_thumb.jpg

Well, this isn't my workbench (it's in too shameful a state to show) but you get the idea. Having been inspired by Lee and Allan over on the RPF, this is a start on a Rebel Transport. I'll post a proper thread there once I have a bit more to show. My friend has access to a nice signwriting vacformer and can hopefully take the pulls off this for me, if not I'll need to build a new vacformer myself, which is probably a better way to go anyway, I could use it. Hoping to get to that stage in the next week or so.

nice! by any chance, would that happen to be in 1/144? ^_^ lots of possibilities with the F-Toys SW vehicle collection

nice! by any chance, would that happen to be in 1/144? ^_^ lots of possibilities with the F-Toys SW vehicle collection

Thanks. Go check out Lee (Ralphee) and Allan's (Imaginager) builds at RPF, they're into the detailing stage now and their builds are amazing. I'll never make mine look that good, but after seeing their work I really wanted one of these, and it would be a crime not to use the stack of renshape (or similar) offcuts my signwriting friend gave me. I'll go back to that Viper and the Heavy Viper I was doing last year after this and redo them with the same stuff. It's way better than the old low-density urethane I was using. Got a 1/12 Krote hull and turret that I'll redo as well.

Re your question, it depends on how big a Transport really is. I suspect 1/96 is more likely but I could be wrong. It's about 2'6" long.

Max's VF-1S DYRL version, chara works valks with black leg line in wrong postion again, can't belive i did not notice that again before i applied the precious white UN spacey decal.

What did you use to fill in the seam lines on that chara works?

Still not quite finish with it, working on printing out some decals. I had it at Wonderfest on display. Enjoy.

Uh - Enjoy??? WAAAAAAAAAIT a second! Buried in all the wonderful Optimus Prime praise (and it deserves it) is something I veeeerrrry cool!

I need to know more about this Garfish. Someone else asked for a ruler so we can see scale -- and about availability?!?

Please give more info! (and I apologize if its somewhere else I haven't seen yet)

Wow, there has been some amazing works going on... Maiden Japan your Optimus is simply amazing. If I had that when I was 8 years old, I'd be the coolest kid in the universe.

And Ghadrack, don't feel ashamed; its a typical modelers workbench. Mine looks the same except I have less paints and more unfinished models on it.

On that note, I've finally made some progress with my Academy 1/72 BF-109G-14, which I'm doing for an FSM group build. Straight out of the box, with few modifications. You can't see it, but I had a few problems with the orange peeling future effect... but I'm learning how to overcome that. A future coat, final weathering and a flatcoat... and its done. Next on my list is a Club-M VF-11 and a Hawker SeaHawk (both 1/72)

photo-1.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg