Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

What's lying on my workbench is a TABLE! A ghetto fabulous X-Y table (manual) made from spare parts and a $10 cutting board. I'm mostly done scratch building it. Only the top arm needs doing which is easier than the bottom part was! This was two days of hrd work and it meant stopping work on my Daedalus.

I finally got to the point where I decided I REALLY need one. I have to make simulated tie downs (like you see built into aircraft carrier decks) - six feet of them - several thousand! It would take weeks to do it or take this table and equip it with a special made ponce wheel to indent the marks. Roll the wheel back and forth, advance the table, and one perfect row is done. Repeat the process a bazillion times and you get a nice effect instead of plane smooth surfaced flight deck.

post-2518-1247429741_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1247429754_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1247429765_thumb.jpg

I'm making this so I can stick it on my drill press and machine more parts. The overhead rail will take a dremel tool too. It was $10 and this or $200 and less Macross stuff; go figure. - MT

What's lying on my workbench is a TABLE! A ghetto fabulous X-Y table (manual) made from spare parts and a $10 cutting board. I'm mostly done scratch building it. Only the top arm needs doing which is easier than the bottom part was! This was two days of hrd work and it meant stopping work on my Daedalus.

I finally got to the point where I decided I REALLY need one. I have to make simulated tie downs (like you see built into aircraft carrier decks) - six feet of them - several thousand! It would take weeks to do it or take this table and equip it with a special made ponce wheel to indent the marks. Roll the wheel back and forth, advance the table, and one perfect row is done. Repeat the process a bazillion times and you get a nice effect instead of plane smooth surfaced flight deck.

post-2518-1247429741_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1247429754_thumb.jpgpost-2518-1247429765_thumb.jpg

I'm making this so I can stick it on my drill press and machine more parts. The overhead rail will take a dremel tool too. It was $10 and this or $200 and less Macross stuff; go figure. - MT

Wow... custom tool building. At least you don't have to build the tool when you ever decided to start the 6 feet carrier build ^_^

I'm working on another kotobukiya Cain gashapon. At this scale it is packed with tons of details. Just awesome.

On the left is my WIP custom and on the right the original.

kshoulders001.jpg

kshoulders002.jpg

kshoulders003.jpg

kbody02.jpg

Been doin toy customs lately instead of models, but I'm really proud of this guy, who jumped on and off the bench in a single night! I LOVE finally having an airbrush, and cannot figure out why I didn't get one sooner:

bigantor05.png

More stuff on my site!

EDIT: Cain, you've turned those Gasha figs into true display pieces! Can't wait to see the latest one finished up. This is probably a stupid question, but are you going off a reference like the studio model, or just adding your own little touches? The different greys and silvers all look amazing together!

Edited by promethuem5

Here's a cheap and quick build of Klan Klan's Q-Rhae. It's not accurate, but it's something to put on my office desktop...next to the other SMS team members.

post-7534-1247895065_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1247895074_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1247895084_thumb.jpeg

This is definitely not going to be at the MacrossCon custom contest.

Here's a cheap and quick build of Klan Klan's Q-Rhae. It's not accurate, but it's something to put on my office desktop...next to the other SMS team members.

post-7534-1247895065_thumb.jpegpost-7534-1247895074_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1247895084_thumb.jpeg

This is definitely not going to be at the MacrossCon custom contest.

Nice work ron5864,your Q-Rhae is looking great.

To bad that Bandai didn't released plamo of Klan's Q-Rhae <_<

I've been working on a 1/144 RX-78 GB-01Fb, to experiment with Bandai kits before starting on my stack of VF-25. Not really used to having precolored plastics. Tried serveral types of primer but nothing felt really good. Ended up with alternating black and white primers in the end, but maybe a transparant one that allows the pastics color to shine through would work better.

Gundam0083d.jpg

UN_MARINE: looking good so far.. we're gonna held a local g.i. joe exhibit here in line of the ROC movie with some collectible toys and custom toys.. i started customizing some Sigma 6 vechicles, but it's currently on hiatus right now since i have my hands full on another project..

and speaking of which.. here's what's lying on my bed.. ('til now i still don't have a decent workbench) :(

3775784634_d671fde413.jpg

more pics and comments here..

Edited by MaveRick

UN_MARINE: looking good so far.. we're gonna held a local g.i. joe exhibit here in line of the ROC movie with some collectible toys and custom toys.. i started customizing some Sigma 6 vechicles, but it's currently on hiatus right now since i have my hands full on another project..

and speaking of which.. here's what's lying on my bed.. ('til now i still don't have a decent workbench) :(

3775784634_d671fde413.jpg

more pics and comments here..

Great work so far. How long do you work on this SDF-1?

btw. Nice poster you have ^_^

Wow Maverick... thats really impressive.

Well its been awhile since I've posted in here but I've been working on a few things. My VF-11 is on the backburner, as I wanted to build some other things. I completed this a few weeks ago;

post-1167-1249410601_thumb.jpg

Its a Academy 1/72 Messerschmidt BF-109 G-14, which was flown by Erich Hartmann in early 1945.

And have been now I've been working on a series of aircraft from the Suez Crisis; the first being a 1/72 Hawker Sea Hawk. Before I started I had to get inspired (a critical part of the process), so I watched

The kit itself had alot of resin, but other parts were devoid of detail, like the landing gear bays and air intakes... so I've been adding those.

Here's the cockpit and wheel wells.

DSC_0247.jpg

Intakes with vanes:

DSC_0285-1.jpg

3/4ths view

DSC_0283-1.jpg

and the last one from the top:

DSC_0281-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Noyhauser

Been busy with a long vacation and work, but I've finally finished the Garfish. Now I can catch up on some of the other model projects.

Ahh Still one of my favourites

Came back to this thread today to see if there was a Garfish update and here it is!!

I just checked the Starship Modeler site and I did not see any info. Your paint job and weathering looks awesome.

Ready to buy - more info please ( ! ) . . .