Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

A 4ft Long SDF-1!! Holy Sh-t balls from nebula 5, that is awesome if can make one with working lights!!

Looks like Mech tech has some competition for large scale scratch builds!! An No more M.J. jokes guys, let him be in peace... B))

A 4ft Long SDF-1!! Holy Sh-t balls from nebula 5, that is awesome if can make one with working lights!!

Looks like Mech tech has some competition for large scale scratch builds!! An No more M.J. jokes guys, let him be in peace... B))

yeah no more jokes.. Just beat it... :rolleyes:

You just got arrested for molesting a small boy? dude! not cool :angry:

Or maybe he means he chopped off his nose?

No! No! The last Michael Jackson. You know, cardiac arrest from a shoddy, plastic heart!

Screw Peace.

yeah no more jokes.. Just beat it... :rolleyes:

You know, if you don't stop that, I'll hit you like a Smooth Criminal.

By the by, Mike, I AM a small boy. The only one I molest is myself, but that's another topic for another day, that it is. :mellow:

can't show you my "workBED" right now since i'm practically away from home.. but this is basically what's lying on my friend's bed :D

3665308107_9963f820e6.jpg

my attempt at doing another scratch build project (a 4 feet long Macross DRYL SDF-1 with working lights hopefully)

you need a new thread for this 4 footer baby ^^

Re-living an affair with an old friend..

most of the paint is done The weather here in the East coast has helped tremendously. paint dries in a couple of hours... and several coats can be done in one day..

I'm looking forwards to seeing this one!

Looks great for a 1/144 model! Good detail.

As far as large build ups go, Maverick has to beat 6 feet ^_^

I'm not touchin' the rest of those comments. - MT

naah.. mechTech's definitely on an entirely different level.. and i've stressed it in my first project that i partly mustered the guts to do scratch-builds after skimming through his thread.. he's somehow been helping me..

rouge: great work.. i wouldn't even know it's a 1/144 valk if you hadn't mentioned it..

Well in the spirit of friendly comparisons, you both have really impressive projects your working on or shooting to get finished!! And agreed, anyone builds something over 6 ft long, Holy T#^#)^#*^@)@#&!!!

I have mine too, If I can keep my schedule on track, by next month, I post some pics!! Cheers! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is that?

Epically awesome scratch built figure finally finished and painted, with even more epically awesome scratch built scale M60E3 for even more win and awesome

You should check out his DA page once in a while http://armamentfactory.deviantart.com/

Why does that look like something from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere?

Shame on you for not knowing an FFR-31 Sylphid when you see one. :angry:

:edit: just need to stress how incredibly awesome a scratch built scale M60E3 is, also how awesome the M60E3 is period.

Edited by anime52k8

Why does that look like something from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere?
That's because one of the mecha designers from Ace Combat Electrosphere was also involved in the design works of Yukikaze.

The other Spartan. With opened hatches.

Spartan005.jpg

Edited by TSP

Shame on you for not knowing an FFR-31 Sylphid when you see one. :angry:

:edit: just need to stress how incredibly awesome a scratch built scale M60E3 is, also how awesome the M60E3 is period.

No, it's awesome, I agree.

Also, I never said I didn't recognize it as one. I just asked why it looked like something from AC3. It was a valid question sparked by seeing it and from the fact that I just beat Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, and the series has been on my mind, as of late. It reminded me somewhat of an XFA-27 and R-103 Delphinus crossed.

That's because one of the mecha designers from Ace Combat Electrosphere was also involved in the design works of Yukikaze.

The other Spartan. With opened hatches.

Spartan005.jpg

But it doesn't have giant robots.... yet... :lol:

I get the feeling the Spartan will be more badass later.

thanks, Mike ^_^

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what is that?

it's a walking tin can of DEATH! (dun dun duuun) :lol:

it's kinda like a walking, thinking Humvee.

it's supposed to be a bulletproof squad gunner/ support drone.

i thought it was a cool idea, so i built it :)

But it doesn't have giant robots.... yet... :lol:

Should have written mechanical design. The Japanese call everything mecha which looks technical. It's not only robots or piloted walking machines of death.

I get the feeling the Spartan will be more bad ass later.

Indeed.

th_Spartan006.jpg

Edited by TSP

My last work - joke model of EVA-01 as soviet Stroibat Warmech. It's a repainted Bandai's gashapon, with some scratchbuilded additions. Shoulder text means "Discharge-88, from city Andijan" - soldier pilot's joke.

B))

post-9246-1246998801_thumb.jpg

post-9246-1246998807_thumb.jpg

post-9246-1246998821_thumb.jpg

post-9246-1246998843_thumb.jpg

post-9246-1246998903_thumb.jpg

post-9246-1246998915_thumb.jpg

Looking great guys!

That fighter design looks slick (I haven't seen Yukikaze yet).

Yes, you gotta give props for the scratatchbuilt M-60. You just need some ammo belts. Williams Bros. makes some rubber ammo belts for their R/C model aircraft guns. Cool mini-kits if you haven't seen one before. http://www.williamsbrothersmodelproducts.com/guns.jpg

Nice to see some 1/200 love TSP. Your mod looks great. I'm just biting at the bit to get my destroids built, but I don't want to put the cart before the horse!

Tancist, is that like the same as getting deported to Siberia :lol: ? - MT

Edited by MechTech

Should have written mechanical design. The Japanese call everything mecha which looks technical. It's not only robots or piloted walking machines of death.

I know, but the joke is that mecha is assumed to mean mech, which is associated with robots and walkers.

Hell, a blender's a mecha. Will it blend? Hell yes. :lol:

Dude, that is starting to look more badass.

Tancist, I'm not sure I get the joke, but it's a welcome sight to see an Eva in a more military paintscheme than, say purple. Looks good. ^_^

If I only had a camera, I'd display my workbench.

Tancist, is that like the same as getting deported to Siberia :lol: ? - MT

Well, maybe :) It was planning as soviet produced serial EVA, not so glamourus, rusty, dirty, and with Longinus Shovel in hands :lol:

Tancist, I'm not sure I get the joke, but it's a welcome sight to see an Eva in a more military paintscheme than, say purple. Looks good. ^_^

Andijan is placed in Uzbekistan, it's something like "Far-far away kingdom", like New Zealand for american, for example. I don't know about traditions in others armys, but russian solders like, when they are demobee from army, in their last days of serving (it's old tradition) - make something funny, maybe stupid, to be remembered in memory of next soldiers. Usually they left there names (or nicks of friend's brigade) on old tanks, walls, cars, on weapons. It's normal to go into army warehouse in the cover of night to steal something made from brass, or colored plastic, maybe trafficator from BMP. There a lot of superfluous quantity of them, and it's just a funny adventure. From them soldiers make souvenirs, gift for friens, or any parade elements on uniform. So the text about "I was demobilize in 1988, city Andijaan" is something special for any russian soldier.

Crazy Ivans, yeah B))

Edited by Tancist

Oh, I get it now! A retirement prank. Makes sense.

Kinda like my grandfather taking an old missile container (The wooden crates) and hiding his friend in it during an ammo inspection shortly before he was going to be transferred, letting a rookie open it up and get scared to death by the guy jumping out.

My workbench is now empty, and a single picture stands of the fruit, taken from a low-end camera phone.

Pic_0708_001.jpg

I love the RX-78 derivatives, just as much as I love the VF-0 derivatives. (Goin\' by canon timeline, here)

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

UNMarine, I see. You even got the recoil spring too! Nice touch.

I get it Tancist, thanks.

Mavrerick, I think you're on the right track with the TV version. Are you going to put the bridge and park in the tower too? Too bad making copies is impractical! - MT

Edited by MechTech