Whats Lying on your Workbench MKIII

HWR MKII

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad I could contribute a little bit. There's so much great stuff posted on MW by everyone. ^_^

Mark, I did add the ejection handles with a little bit of copper wire (fine strands from some old telephone wire). They show up pretty good with that big two seater canopy.

For the Foxhound cockpit, I first masked and painted the cockpit grey. Then with the masking still in place, I used an ultra-fine point red Sharpie marker to outline around the masking. Spray the flat coat and then peel the masks off. By being careful, I was able to keep most of the ink on the masking tape and just leave the very thin piping on the paint. It was an experiment that turned out quite nicely and was pretty easy. I'm glad you noticed, it was a result that I was very pleased with.

The tarmac and flight deck are both just some things I found with a search on the web and printed on some thick paper on our color printer at work. Shhh! ;) The flight deck for the A4 is looks more like 1/48, but the soviet tarmac looks just right with the Mig sitting on it.

505th, the A4 is one of my favorite planes. I just love the shape! The Lightning is another favorite. That Airfix kit is very basic, but it went together pretty well and gives me a good chance to work on the natural metal finish. It was a Secret Santa gift from last year, so I really want to finish it over the Thanksgiving holiday! I'll post an update when it's ready.

Just wrapped up work on my first vinyl kit...super duper fun build. The kit i got didnt come with any decals though...so may have to source from outside. Anyone know where I might be able to get Patlabor 1/35 scale Saturn labor decals?

In any case I really like the chunky monkey. Am looking forward to builidng more vinyl kits in the future. Look out for a vinyl, Alphonse, Rick Dom 2 and ABC warrior sometime in the future

2639376560101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

2747821010101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

2875752670101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

Pictures reduced and resized on request :)

Edited by kindredd

Cheers Bill. Thanks for sharing the technique for that red outline. A neat idea that came up great.

And gents, any chance of smaller pics in future please? Even something around 500kb would be brilliant for bandwidth impaired folk in Aus. on a 1.5 cable. :) Danke!

Wow! I missed a lot of great modeling stuff last month. Very nice stuff everyone's working on.

I didn't made much progress the last weeks neither on VF-11 MAXL nor on the RVF-171. But this is what I got to offer.

th_MAXL013.jpg th_MAXL015.jpg th_MAXL017.jpg th_MAXL018.jpgth_MyleneJenius.jpg

Edited by TSP

Just finished this 1/100 Bandai Phalanx that has been destroyed and rusting in a forest near the Alaska Base. Another casualty of the conflict :huh:

post-7534-1259542383_thumb.jpeg

Sweet! I love it! Now all it needs is a cute little family enjoying a picnic on the lawn in front of it!

I like the downed Destroid alot... it looks like it took a full barrage of shots from above.

I started a resin kit last night... first model I'll have built in a while, but I'm already remembering why I weaned off kit building for a while... it's a Wonderfest affair, and the cast quality is FULL of bubbles!!

Sweet! I love it! Now all it needs is a cute little family enjoying a picnic on the lawn in front of it!

And kids can climb all over it like a playground set. :lol:

Maybe I should add some forest animals too...

Just wrapped up work on my first vinyl kit...super duper fun build. The kit i got didnt come with any decals though...so may have to source from outside. Anyone know where I might be able to get Patlabor 1/35 scale Saturn labor decals?

In any case I really like the chunky monkey. Am looking forward to builidng more vinyl kits in the future. Look out for a vinyl, Alphonse, Rick Dom 2 and ABC warrior sometime in the future

2639376560101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

2747821010101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

2875752670101616518S425x425Q85.jpg

Pictures reduced and resized on request :)

That is awesome! I love Saturn Labor...

Ron - you really did "finish off" that kit - but good! Did you feel better after making all those holes in it :lol: Nice affect and more original! You do need some forest animals, some bird poop, ivy. That would look very original. Kinda like the robots laying around in "Castle in the Sky." - MT

After about 2 years of not building, I suddenly got the modeling fever about 2 weeks ago and started again on several unfinished kits.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-117, Revell 1/144 Stealth Fighter, Hasegawa 1/72 YF-21, Hasegawa 1/72 F-16

4186438667_d1e27cc84f_o.jpg

Been concentrating most of my energy on Hasegawa's MACROSS PLUS YF-21. It will probably be the first kit to be completed in the next month or two.

4186441431_1d0c666712_o.jpg

4187204806_c4640f1476_o.jpg