Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

Hi everyone newbie here. Already placed my order for Alto's and just checked that Amazon Japan also has Ozma and Michel for pre-order.

Ozma

Michel

It seems to be that Bandai will release one per month. I guess we'll have many product updates before the event on 22 in Akihabara.

It seems to be that Bandai will release one per month. I guess we'll have many product updates before the event on 22 in Akihabara.

I thought so. :/ By the time they have exhausted all possible VF-25, and VF-1 paint variants, we'll most likely see the VF-4, VF-27, etc - which may take over a year.

Hopefully by then, technology would have improved and better sculpts at smaller scales will be possible.

Nice... so Luca's will be next then... then the Super pack releases... then Armour Pack releases... then Movie edition releases... looks like we'll be with the VF-25 for a year at least! :/

Movie edition releases? Has that been confirmed?

Because I'm already ordering the Alto VF-25F... and if there is a movie edition coming, I may have to cancel my preorder and see how that one comes out. Because I know for sure I can live without Super/Armor/Fast pack (I'd be worried the extra weight would make the figure impossible to pose, certainly in Gerwalk mode), but if the movie edition is a vast improvement as movie editions tend to be (see: Revoltech Movie Edition Fraulein Yoko vs. Revoltech Fraulein Yoko), I dunno...

Movie edition releases? Has that been confirmed?

Because I'm already ordering the Alto VF-25F... and if there is a movie edition coming, I may have to cancel my preorder and see how that one comes out. Because I know for sure I can live without Super/Armor/Fast pack (I'd be worried the extra weight would make the figure impossible to pose, certainly in Gerwalk mode), but if the movie edition is a vast improvement as movie editions tend to be (see: Revoltech Movie Edition Fraulein Yoko vs. Revoltech Fraulein Yoko), I dunno...

No movie toys have been announced yet. It's far too early!

Heck, it's not even confirmed that there will be any differences between the mecha in the TV series and the mecha in the movie. At this stage, it's just an unconfirmed idea that the creators were thinking of.

Graham

Hi everyone newbie here. Already placed my order for Alto's and just checked that Amazon Japan also has Ozma and Michel for pre-order.

Ozma

Michel

Are my eyes seeing a pair of extra wings with Sound Boosters on the Mikail?! That means a sure buy from me.

Edited by Twoducks

Ouch, $50 does sound a bit high for a 1/100 scale toy. I guess the hook is that they are making many of the lesser produced valks that people will pay the higher price anyway.

Thats around the same price as the 1/144 scale Gundam Fix Figuration series. If they can pull off the same level of detail, I wouldn't care if the transformation required some parts removal.

Fighter mode appearance is much improved over the DX IMO. No more down-turned nose. Longer (more anime accurate) nose too. Longer landing gear. Legs appear to sit higher, i.e. less gap between the top rear of the legs and the backplate. No ugly triangular cut out on the underside of the nose either.

Graham

Yet not too long like the model kit, the VF100s has the best gear on any VF-25 incarnation by Bandai to date.

I'm focusing my money on these VF100's (I have 2 on order at HLJ). The landing gears really sold it for me. That and the scale size.

I always thought shiny plastic was a good thing. The chunky has shiny plastic and it's strong stuff. Most the stuff toys are made of are painted shiny in real life or even look shiny in the cartoons. Didn't the VF-25 always have shiny effects in the cartoon?

On the DX shiny plastic looks good IMO.

In that new photo of the 1/100 VF-25G battroid, the plastic looks a bit cheap. Probably just the photo though.

The downside to shiny as many of us have been experiencing with the DX is paint rubbing off very easily.

Graham

On the DX shiny plastic looks good IMO.

In that new photo of the 1/100 VF-25G battroid, the plastic looks a bit cheap. Probably just the photo though.

The downside to shiny as many of us have been experiencing with the DX is paint rubbing off very easily.

Graham

If it's shiny, at least we know it ain't gummy PVC. That's good news right?

How long are these going to be in fighter mode and how tall in Battroid mode? I know they are 1/100, but when i look at some of my 1/100 models I realize how small that scale is.

Chris

So Bandai throw out some teaser images:

http://tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.php?e...08&level=01

The 1st image is of course the DX Macross Quarter and they will show the prototype in the Feb22 event. The next VF-100 will also be announced there, which is likely what the other two images cover.

The 2nd image is probably VF-19 Kai in battroid mode. I can see the head with 3 antennas, left shoulder and shield.

I can't find anything close to the 3rd image.

So Bandai throw out some teaser images:

http://tamashii.jp/staff_diary/diary.php?e...08&level=01

The 1st image is of course the DX Macross Quarter and they will show the prototype in the Feb22 event. The next VF-100 will also be announced there, which is likely what the other two images cover.

The 2nd image is probably VF-19 Kai in battroid mode. I can see the head with 3 antennas, left shoulder and shield.

I can't find anything close to the 3rd image.

I think it might be the VF-27, the 3 antennas look like the laser and horns on the 27's head and since it has the SMS logo over it I get the feeling it's from frontier.

Edited by anime52k8

I think it might be the VF-27, the 3 antennas look like the laser and horns on the 27's head and since it has the SMS logo over it I get the feeling it's from frontier.

Looks more like a 19.

The SMS logo's probably more a generic censor to represent the newest stuff is Bandai. Or something symbolic like that...