Bandai/Tamashi Nations 1/100 lineup. 2009 takeoff!

UN Spacy

At 5000 yen, the price is actually falls quite comfortably between a non transforming highly articulated action figure and a transforming action figure. I considered Yamato's GN-U Macross series to be more expensive than the VF100 series at 3000 yen. For one thing the GN-U line is not transformable, and the articulation is not exactly superior than the VF100. At 5000 yen, the VF100 is priced just about right for me.

well I consider the GN-U figures REALLY overpriced, the VF100's are equally so. for what you get the GN-U should be more like 2000 yen, maybe 2500 yen. the VF100 are probably worth about 3500 yen.

well I consider the GN-U figures REALLY overpriced, the VF100's are equally so. for what you get the GN-U should be more like 2000 yen, maybe 2500 yen. the VF100 are probably worth about 3500 yen.

If this were a Gundam I'd agree that both are overpriced. However, this is Macross. I think the overinflated prices of both the GNU and VF100s (and for that matter the 1/60s as well IMHO) is partly a result of Macross not being wholly owned by Yamato or Bandai.

The price is a bit high but I've already committed to this line. I like the scale and I don't mind partsforming.

Edited by Vifam7

UGH. 5040en. I forgot it was so high. Not sure about that then.

It is only worth it if we are talking about VF4. :lol:

Seriously, I think the price point for 1/100 line is a little expensive, but still ok. (Let me think....The price of Yamato 1/60 Fold Booster & Fast Pack Parts for YF-19 is already 4,800 yen.)

If this were a Gundam I'd agree that both are overpriced. However, this is Macross. I think the overinflated prices of both the GNU and VF100s (and for that matter the 1/60s as well IMHO) is partly a result of Macross not being wholly owned by Yamato or Bandai.

The price is a bit high but I've already committed to this line. I like the scale and I don't mind partsforming.

+1. This looks to be the best scale and an acceptable price to be a completist in. Not to mention that it will include valks from every single Macross series, which is something Yamato will never be able to pull off (given that Bandai has exclusive rights to M7 and MF). Looking at it another way, this is about 1/2 the size of the Yamato 1/60s at about 1/2 to 1/4 the price-- so it is quite worth it IMO.

+1. This looks to be the best scale and an acceptable price to be a completist in. Not to mention that it will include valks from every single Macross series, which is something Yamato will never be able to pull off (given that Bandai has exclusive rights to M7 and MF).

I've been thinking: They decided for the next VF100, to go with something from a license they comfortably hold. Instead of, say, braving new waters, or to fire a shot across Yamato's nose. Why?

Source of those pics:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-88298-1-1.html

That guy in HK says he is surprised by how light it is. He also found the material feel rather brittle (although he didn't break anything), and is afraid to transform it.

May be the material is like those in this Megahouse Orguss, they don't feel as strong as ABS or as flexable as polystyrene in model, but I haven't break mine yet.

I've been thinking: They decided for the next VF100, to go with something from a license they comfortably hold. Instead of, say, braving new waters, or to fire a shot across Yamato's nose. Why?
Because Macross F was recently on and a movie is coming out, it makes business sense to make and market toys with a strong, recent, and upcoming, media tie in.

Source of those pics:

That guy in HK says he is surprised by how light it is. He also found the material feel rather brittle (although he didn't break anything), and is afraid to transform it.

May be the material is like those in this Megahouse Orguss, they don't feel as strong as ABS or as flexable as polystyrene in model, but I haven't break mine yet.

I would be happy if it's made with the same material as the Palm Action Orguss - that thing is constructed remarkably well for being so tiny. Seems to have a decent amount of POM in it, too. Hopefully Bandai decided to use POM in the 1/100. Light yet very, very strong.

Because Macross F was recently on and a movie is coming out, it makes business sense to make and market toys with a strong, recent, and upcoming, media tie in.

Which is understandable, up to when they pull the VF-18 Kai out of nowhere..(I should have been more specific..)

Which is understandable, up to when they pull the VF-18 Kai out of nowhere..(I should have been more specific..)

I think Macross 7 and the fire valk are a lot more popular in Japan (which is the base market for these toys) than we tend to give them credit for. I thought the Kai came out of left field, too, until I realized it's a good idea to start the line out with valks that are loved in Japan.

I think Macross 7 and the fire valk are a lot more popular in Japan (which is the base market for these toys) than we tend to give them credit for. I thought the Kai came out of left field, too, until I realized it's a good idea to start the line out with valks that are loved in Japan.

Besides, let's face it, it's better than a VF-1 release right? I mean, I think we're all getting a bit tired of the VF-1 right?. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the VF-1, but after Banpresto, Toynami, Hasegawa, Kaiyodo, Yamato, and others all dabbling on the VF-1, it's nice to get something different from the beginning.

Edited by Vifam7

Besides, let's face it, it's better than a VF-1 release right? I mean, I think we're all getting a bit tired of the VF-1 right?. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the VF-1, but after Banpresto, Toynami, Hasegawa, Kaiyodo, Yamato, and others all dabbling on the VF-1, it's nice to get something different from the beginning.

I'm actually not tired of the VF-1. I'd love to see a VF100's version.

I was actually surprised that it WASN'T a VF-1. I figured that once they milk the VF-25's for all they're worth, they'd do the VF-1's so they can milk them for all they're worth as well.

I've just read a review on the VF100... And they look so fragile to the owner that he doesn't dare to tranform it at all.

Chinese site, but some pics:

fragile... hhmmm... smells like a YamatovsBandai plastic debate in the offing... :rolleyes:

...anybody care to translate the review? Babel Fish doesn't really help much.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Hmm.. I wouldn't mind getting a VF-1J Max and Miriya type with FPs if they made them.(if they look good anyway)

I really hope that they don't do any VF1s. It's getting Gundam-level ridiculous at this point with all these VF1s.

Free up releases for things like the 19Kai.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/012421/

more VF-25F pics from GA Graphic.

Am I seeing things or the cockpit in Batroid mode is a little too revealing?

52357122.jpg

I see a slight part of the cockpit sticking out on the model kit yes, but not this much... The cockpit supposed to be a part of the torso :wacko:

Seeing that the hip is part of the partmorfing gimmick, the cockpit might have to move back a little more than model kit or the DX line.

Well I like it, but I am very disappointed at the lack of a pilot figure. Maybe it is a separate piece that one has to be pulled out box and placed in the Valk?

More pics to satisfy the needs: toysdaily

Judging by the usage of emoticons I would say, the forum members seem be disappointed or baffled, but I have no clue as for the reason.

Edited by lechuck

tried to translate that w/ babel fish... i think they were saying that the plastic seemed "crispy" :blink: ... and wtf does "Lebanon" have to do w/ anything??? :wacko:

knife looks cool... luminous?

wouldn't it suck if the 1/100 Ozma doesn't have bendy head lasers...

Edited by m0n5t3r

I'm not too fond of the antennas that angle outward:

They look like horns.

But I am liking how the legs are tighter to the body in fighter mode and the angle of the ventral fins over the DX!

you forgot the longer and better looking front landing gears in that pic... but they're dettachable... aren't they?

you forgot the longer and better looking front landing gears in that pic... but they're dettachable... aren't they?

oh yeah i forgot about those. I think they are the pop out ones.... more pieces to lose ^_^

Overall, from the pics, I'm liking what I see.

In regards to the VF-25 coming off as brittle and weak, I think some of the older valks will lend itself better at this since the shoulder of the VF-25 is so narrow

tried to translate that w/ babel fish... i think they were saying that the plastic seemed "crispy" :blink: ... and wtf does "Lebanon" have to do w/ anything??? :wacko:

Epic lol! I used google translate and lebanon also came up. Suffice to say that the original poster very adamant about the material quality. Still though, we don't know much without a proper review, as far as we know it, the original poster might have gotten his hopes or expectation too high. Thus, small matters becoming big matters... Perhaps, just my 0.2 cent.

I just got my invoice from HW Japan, so I should be receiving mine in about a week or two. As it is, I'm glad that they managed to incorporate a few improvements over the DX, like the ventral fins, the back of the legs in fighter mode and the landing gear. Also, the canopy isn't bright blue! Still, overall proportions are more or less similar to the DX, and the lack of a pilot figure is disappointing. Looks like I'll salvage some pilots from my Yukikaze kits that are languishing then ^_^.The GA graphics pictures also makes it look like the hip guns will be a problem again, just like the 1/72. I will definitely transform my figure once I get it!

Edited by edwin3060

Ozma's ship looks awesome.

With regards to the plastic, I'm guessing it just "feels" fragile. Much like my HCM Pro Gundams. They feel fragile but are actually durable. A result of mainly using ABS plastic I think.

If there really is no pilot included, one of these might do the job: http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVOP-431

HLJ hasn't updated my order to shipping status yet. :(

Edited by Vifam7

OH Noes! Bandai farmed out the production of the 1/100 to a Lebanese team!?!? WHY BANDAI!!?? WTF Bandai is teh SUXORZ!!!

:p